You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.10 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » The Third Age Total War, by the words of the High Elves
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Third Age Total War, by the words of the High Elves
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
(id: AugustusCaesar)
posted 02 October 2011 11:45 EDT (US)         
This will be my AAR for the TATW hotseat I started with Liam. If you are intrested in joining, just go to the main topic for this, and post your faction, also no reading ahead of this point if you are joining.

Turn 1:

"The Forces of Evil have awoke" Elrond said to himself as he stood in front of the Elven Council at Imaldris. "We need to get in touch with with Thranduil and the Silvan Elves, trade and combined military force is vital" Lord Elladan stated, "But what of the orc in our way, Misty Mountains is a wall between us". Elrond waited a few seconds before speaking "Now is the time, we must build our armies and fight, Misty Mountains may be a wall, but walls are not inpenetrible, Our bows have enough power and range, Our swords are sharp enough, and our armourers improve our armor as we speak here" Elrond continued "Elves may have life longer than all others, but we must fight to protect our lives, ready the horse of my messenger, he will embark to Thranduil's halls"...

These next two pictures show our starting position.

The Harbor city of Forlond will promote trade, and I start it with a market

Upgrading my archer's armor at Imladris to Leather and building a town hall to send a diplomat to the Silvan Elves

Recruited Infantry and a Diplomat at Mithlond

I forgot to take a picture of my message to the Silvan Elves, so I made this shorter one(Readers may want to refer to Liam's page if he posted the original)

I recruit Infanry here and build a leather tanner at Elostirion and Harlond, also show my Financial Ovetrview at the end of my turn.

"An emperor is subject to no one, but god and justice" -Barbarrosa
"The best fortress a prince can possess is the affection of his people" -Niccolo Machiavelli

[This message has been edited by AugustusCaesar (edited 10-02-2011 @ 01:29 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 02 October 2011 17:06 EDT (US)     1 / 10       
Turn 2:

"How goes the creation of your Army?" Elrond asks Glorfindel "Slow, but these recruits show well in training, and soon the tanner will be ready to make them armor" Glorfindel responds. Meanwhile an Elve enters the council, "I am a messenger of the Silvan Elves, Thranduil sends his reply" the messenger says as he leaves the message on the table and leaves the council.

Elrond reads it, "Hmm, It seems were on our own for now, Misty Mountains shall be ours then, what a fitting border, from there we will continue south aswell" Elrond said as he finished up the council.

I send my diplomat from Mithlond north towards the Dwarves.

My FO shows me I'll have enough for roads at Imladris, Harlond, and Elostirion.

Here is the beginning of my force against Misty Mountains.

Here Is to be the Force led by Glorfindel that will go south. after bandits and later Isengard.

Here is another force I will send south.

And lastly my end turn report.

"The best fortress a prince can possess is the affection of his people" -Niccolo Machiavelli
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 03 October 2011 16:21 EDT (US)     2 / 10       
Turn 3:

The Council had started, and before Elrond even began to speak, "My lord, the treasury is getting low!" Elladan spoke out load and out of place "Are you sure this military spending is a good idea?", "Calm down, you must remember the only way of getting money is spending money, I have roads planed in Imladris and Harlond, and soon in Elostirion" Elrond replied "Also, the diplomat we sent north is probabaly halve way to the Dwarves, they may be Stubborn, but trade would benefit us both, and an alliance might be made". Glorfindel voiced his discontent "My lord, do you really want to ally with the likes of the Dwarves, they're like to get themselves killed in their confidence of an alliance", Elrond stood up and spoke "Middle-Earth is in crisis, we will unite, or we shall fall", the council agreed. "A small force has been sent to deal with the bandits who overrun the village of Allimir, and I believe we will seize the land as our own" Elladan said, "Good" replied Elrond "Every step adds up, an Empire may be possible in this time of crisis", Elrond finished...

I am confident I will win this with minimal casualties, lest the ? units are extra archers.

Next turn oddly looks rather promising, note I changed my Capital to Mithlond, which rose my income for some reason.

Just for notice, I ordered roads here, but I took the pic before so.

My diplomat I recruit here will go to the Silvans, and later dale, and an army from here will begin my campaign aggainst the Orcs of MM

[This message has been edited by AugustusCaesar (edited 10-03-2011 @ 04:22 PM).]

Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 05 October 2011 17:31 EDT (US)     3 / 10       
Turn: 4

"My, Lord!" Elladan said as he entered the council a bit late "Word has travelled that our diplomat has met up with a dwarven army on his way to their lands, we should now have an alliance sooner than exspected". "Good, have him go south now, I'm sure Rohan and Gondor will gladly enter an alliance with us" Elrond replied "I myself, had just ordered a diplomat east to go to the Silvan Elves and Dale, then we can combine our efforts of fighting off the forces of evil, but until then, try to save money for the war"

End Turn Report, not too shabby...

This diplomat shall make alliances with the Silvan Elves and Dale.

Luckily, I met up with a Dwarven army, which saves some time, and time is money.

I avoided major spending this turn in hopes if having more money when I take more settlements.

Just thought by now it would be a good idea to post these.

[This message has been edited by AugustusCaesar (edited 10-05-2011 @ 05:36 PM).]

Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 07 October 2011 17:15 EDT (US)     4 / 10       
"I have recieved word that our alliance with the Dwarves has been made" Lord Elladan spoke to the council, "Good" replied Elrond "I have begun agricultural improvments in Imladris and Harlond to also raise our economy". A elven military officer entered th council "Our exhabition force has found a small army of Eriador near the bandit village, if we wish to take it, they would have to lose, and their army is smaller then the bandits, but I know not many details", Elrond stood "Thank you, we will act accordingly, and see who won when the force arrives, perhaps they will eaken them for us". The officer left, and not much else was mentioned that day...

Here you can see the Dwarves accepted my proposal

It seems my income isn't bad, but it leaves me nothing for construction at Mithlond and Farlond. But I built farm upgrades at Harlond and Imladris

Heres our money and where it's going.

[This message has been edited by AugustusCaesar (edited 10-07-2011 @ 05:20 PM).]

Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 09 October 2011 13:01 EDT (US)     5 / 10       
"My Lord" an elven captian came in "our elven bows and swords have suppressed the bandits overrunning the village Allimir and we have seized the land", "Excellent, I assume your force is almost ready, Glorfindel" Elrond asked. "just need to finish having armor made, then we will go south and meet with the force that took Allimir". "Good, I myself will lead the campaign against the Orcs of Misty Mountains, I assume Elladan can lead the council until Misty Mountains is ours". "Yes my Lord, if that is what's needed of me" Elladan boldly replied.

Not much money this turn...

I attack the bandits at Allimir

Archers in a line, loose formation, ready to weaken the enemy before I send in my Infantry.

My plan worked, the enemy had few troops after my archers did their job.

My Infantry cleaned the town sqaure and we won with 33 casualties, they may rest in peace.

building grain exchange, for our trade with Eriador.

I brought this man into the family, he now governs Imladris

I sent Elrond to lead the campaign on Misty Mountains,

Heres our FO.

[This message has been edited by AugustusCaesar (edited 10-09-2011 @ 01:09 PM).]

Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 16 October 2011 18:34 EDT (US)     6 / 10       
The Misty Mountains, A mountain chain which is inhabited by thousands of orc. Now the High King Elrond ventures into the Misty Mountains to end it's orc occupation, and break the wall between the elves.(No council, as not much happened)

My 7th end turn report

This will make a fine Elvan City someday...

Here is a new family member, who I'll send towards Elrond

My 7th Financial Overview, at least it's not negative

And the fine village of Allimir, of where I build a land clearance.

[This message has been edited by AugustusCaesar (edited 10-16-2011 @ 06:35 PM).]

Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 18 October 2011 16:38 EDT (US)     7 / 10       
Elladan proudly entered the council chambers, as all it's members looked and thought what gone so well. "I will be having a wedding, and all of you are invited" Elladan spoke out proudly as the council applauded. "As excited as I am, also Glorfindel and his army leave to claim a town to the south, infested with Bandits" Glorfindel said as a messenger from Elrond entered, "My Lord, Elrond has engaged Lord Burz of the Orcs of Misty Mountains, Burz and his army have been destroyed with few Elve dead" The council applauded. "Glad to hear, but still, Elven lives were lost, tell Elrond to make sure their deaths were not in vain" Elladan told Elrond's messenger, and dismissed him.

Elladan finds a wive

Here we offer our Elvan Alliance

Elrond Battles the Faction Heir of OoMM

My Archer cause heavy Orc Casualties

Here we see a promising start to the war

This Battle only lost few Elves compared to Orc, but Elven lives have great value...

Here we follow up with the Seige of Goblin Town

Here we build farms

Our Financial Overview,

A Second Army Toward the South, led by Glorfindel

[This message has been edited by AugustusCaesar (edited 10-18-2011 @ 04:41 PM).]

Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 29 October 2011 16:44 EDT (US)     8 / 10       
Elrond looks as he sees Goblin Town, an area possessed by Evil. Elrond knows what he is doing by conquering this Town, It is an attempt to bring it to good, and he plans the same for other places under Evil too. "Here we stand, The Forces of Good, We will be going to the most Evil of Places, but the Light we Bring with us, will cleanse places like these of Evil, NOW HERE IS WHERE WE START!!!" Elrond gives a Speech to his soldiers and advances toward the Town.

9th Turn Report

You can see Glorfindel going east, and Harlond's Construction

We Begin the Attack!

This shows the power of our Bows again...

They withdraw to the Town Sqaure

And here we follow...

Victory, and now we got a piece of MM

Here we begin bringing our Culture to MM

Rubber_Tooth
Legionary
posted 19 December 2011 20:29 EDT (US)     9 / 10       
Keep upp the good work

The good news is, now I've conquered Spain, retaken my lands, and invaded Briton territory, and now they're coming to me whining that they want their cities back along with 20k denarri. Losers :P - Erynion
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 21 December 2011 00:01 EDT (US)     10 / 10       
Thanks, as you may have read, I stopped the AAR a few turns ago. So this is more of a strategic suggestions and ideas for me and the High Elves. If you want(have time), you may join aswell, It's not too fast paced, but it's not slow either.

Gondor(suprised no one picked Gondor), Rohan, Eriador(Arnor), Misty Mountains(in some trouble though), Gundabad, and Isengard are all still available

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames