You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.28 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » Forum Party April 29th
Bottom
Topic Subject:Forum Party April 29th
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 08 April 2012 17:37 EDT (US)         
Yes, after January's Success, it's time for another one we reckon.
The idea:
Online games with fellow forumers.
Possibly using a mod, such as TATW, if agreed in advance.
Lasts an hour or two in order to allow several games and for everyone to get involved
Is about having fun and hopefully relatively few 'standard rules' games. Interesting maps and scenarios are encouraged.

The tricky bits:
Past experience shows there are many issues such as - timing, GameSpy being a brute, other connection issues.
Basically, it's getting towards exam time for many of us, so blow off a bit of steam and have a good ole' Ding Dong on the battle field. Last year it was quite good fun, with Swampy hanging back to mop up whoever out of Selif and I came out top of our particular little struggle. Highlights include Camel Gunners spending a good 10 minutes trying to lure the knights chasing them onto stakes, and the Germans getting a bit frustrated in trying to find the one Papal States swiss guard man who had kept his nerve on the map.

Current plan: 29th April.
Time: [Discussed below]

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You

[This message has been edited by EnemyofJupitor (edited 04-17-2012 @ 04:47 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 08 April 2012 19:08 EDT (US)     1 / 28       
Sounds awesome! I havent acctually ever done Online Multiplayer. What are the requirements?

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 09 April 2012 01:22 EDT (US)     2 / 28       
I'm up for this, I'll even make sure to engage early next time.

Unless it's a holiday in the UK I wouldn't be able to do the Friday, weekend days should be ok. Last time we went with an afternoon (in UK/Europe) time around 4pm UK, 3pm most of Europe, something morning for the US, something very late for anything East. Any thoughts on when would be a good time?

Awesome, you need to register at www.gamespyid.com - there's no need to pay for anything or download anything. Other than that you need the latest patches (you could play without but wouldn't be able to play against anyone who is patched) and a working CD key, oh and an internet connection.

Online multiplayer is good fun although some people always insist on rules and the grassy plains map, limiting it a bit.
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
(id: AugustusCaesar)
posted 09 April 2012 16:14 EDT (US)     3 / 28       
I would love to participate. If it's on the weekend, anytime should do. During the week, the later, the better. Much to Swampy's enjoyment, I'm fine with any map, rules, or lack of rules if it's all for fun.

Unfortunatly, I got the 'Invalid CD Key' error. Tried the whole Regedit thing, but can't find SEGA. I still got my key though.

"An emperor is subject to no one, but god and justice" -Barbarrosa
"The best fortress a prince can possess is the affection of his people" -Niccolo Machiavelli
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 09 April 2012 23:50 EDT (US)     4 / 28       
Huzzah, you can count Scipii in. Depending on the start time of said forum party the weekend would probably be best for me where I am usually pretty flexible regarding time.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 10 April 2012 04:49 EDT (US)     5 / 28       
Unfortunatly, I got the 'Invalid CD Key' error. Tried the whole Regedit thing, but can't find SEGA. I still got my key though.
Make sure that all the things that look like O in the Cd key are in fact 0 (zero)?

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 10 April 2012 08:47 EDT (US)     6 / 28       
Just tried installing Kingdoms again and kept getting the "Didnt respond in time" thing..

History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 10 April 2012 09:08 EDT (US)     7 / 28       
What, you reinstalled the whole thing and it didn't work?

Guys, 29th OK?

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 10 April 2012 09:13 EDT (US)     8 / 28       
Well i only had Medieval 2 on the Computer so i thought i would put kingdoms back on to play a Hotseat and this tournament but to no avail..

It comes up" ...... didnt respond in time" its about validating the CD key or something.. it happens before i can even press install..:/

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 10 April 2012 14:53 EDT (US)     9 / 28       
The party can use plain old M2TW, meaning that your issue with Kingdoms need not be an issue for that part.

Unfortunately I don't know how to get around SecuRom issues like that one. One comment here on manual installation might help (but might not) http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/66283#.T4SBWtn29AY

What were you trying to achieve with regedit Kilij? I'd have thought that's for bypassing a mess up somewhere (e.g. bad install/uninstall).
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 10 April 2012 22:07 EDT (US)     10 / 28       
No, Regedit is used to edit CD Keys, unfortunately, I cannot find the said key for M2TW, which is in the SEGA folder(Of which I cannot find. I found RTW(which is under Creative Assembly), but no M2TW.

"The best fortress a prince can possess is the affection of his people" -Niccolo Machiavelli

[This message has been edited by Kilij Ae Varyl (edited 04-10-2012 @ 10:09 PM).]

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 11 April 2012 00:49 EDT (US)     11 / 28       
My registry data was under \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
Which version of windows are you on?

I'd vaguely remembered the CD key being an option within the multiplayer menu of the game - I could easily be wrong there
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 11 April 2012 18:27 EDT (US)     12 / 28       
Windows 7, and the CD Key change option in the multiplayer options was only on RTW.

But still couldn't find SEGA.

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 17 April 2012 16:47 EDT (US)     13 / 28       
Any luck?

Putting this on the 29th for sure now. What times do we want now?

Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 17 April 2012 19:32 EDT (US)     14 / 28       
No, I don't think it's even in regedit at this point. There must be something I can do, or another way to change it...?

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 17 April 2012 19:48 EDT (US)     15 / 28       
depends on the time. I have to work at sometime on that Sunday and may catch the beginning or end..i am good for anytime, as long as it doesn't involve me up at 2am on a sunday.

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 18 April 2012 01:04 EDT (US)     16 / 28       
The only solutions I've seen so far for CD keys in Windows 7 are:
- reinstall the game
- get a new gamespyid

Reinstalling is quite extreme and getting a new gamespyid only sounds like it works once you've reinstalled but could be worth a shot just because it's easier.

There were some fixes about for the Steam version thinking about it; and you could always pop a note to Sega off of their support site and let them worry about it.

Does Win7 regedit still have the 'find' option? 'sega' or 'medieval' can't come up too many times.

I'm moderately flexible on times, well there are a number of slots in the day that would work and some that wouldn't. 4pm GMT worked for me last time
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 18 April 2012 07:19 EDT (US)     17 / 28       
I think thats 1am Monday here..O.o

If so, i am out..

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 18 April 2012 14:12 EDT (US)     18 / 28       
I think that just means we pick a different time...

Would something in the UK morning work? Say 9 or 10am BST?
It wouldn't be great for anyone in the Americas (Kilij?) so depends on numbers perhaps. Or we do two
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 18 April 2012 14:37 EDT (US)     19 / 28       
A morning one wouldn't be bad, actually.

Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 18 April 2012 17:23 EDT (US)     20 / 28       
That would be 5am I believe(I'm Eastern U.S. -5:00GTM). Not gonna happen, unless I decide to stay up all night. On weekends I'm available 10-11am to 11pm-2am in my time.

But I'm more concerned on getting my M2TW working anyway. Restarting will be last-resort, until then I'll see what I can do.

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 20 April 2012 08:04 EDT (US)     21 / 28       
Awesome Eagle, thoughts on time?

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 21 April 2012 08:59 EDT (US)     22 / 28       
maybe 9-11am your time? thats 7-9pm here.. not good for Americans tho..:/

However i will give u conformation sometime in the next couple days as to weather i will be able to play.. I will probably be staying at my girls on the Saturday night and i will hopefully be able to get M2TW all patched up and running..

[This message has been edited by Awesome Eagle (edited 04-21-2012 @ 09:16 AM).]

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 27 April 2012 01:30 EDT (US)     23 / 28       
Sorry guys, better count me out. I am gonna be SUPER busy this weekend and will be unable to devote any time to the Forum party as i am Working and at my girlfriends and everything..Sorry guys..:'(

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 27 April 2012 05:56 EDT (US)     24 / 28       
Right, swampy, what's a good time for you? I'll e-mail Scip and Selif to see if they can make it

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 27 April 2012 11:21 EDT (US)     25 / 28       
Awkwardly (or not) I can be free at various times - e.g. for a 9 or 10 AM start, or something in the afternoon, say 2 - 4pm starts or possibly evening but not too late. Hmm, best not evening if possible.

If I have to pick I'll say 9.30
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 27 April 2012 11:54 EDT (US)     26 / 28       
Cool. A morning start would potentially work best for the Australian Scip, too.

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 29 April 2012 04:01 EDT (US)     27 / 28       
I'm logging on slightly early; anyone else who hasn't posted is welcome to join in - I'll be using M2TWHparty as the password on any games I host.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 29 April 2012 06:10 EDT (US)     28 / 28       
Woke up late > found I'd left vanilla at home, and only have kingdoms with me > Internet stops working. Argh!

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames