You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.48 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » Westeros Total War hotseat!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Westeros Total War hotseat!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
The Great Monty
Legionary
(id: Monty501)
posted 05 May 2012 02:16 EDT (US)         
I have been playing this mod almost nonstop for the past few weeks and I absolutely love it. It's set in the world of A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin and has reinvigorated my interest in Medieval 2 total war. So I was wondering if anyone would care to join me in a hotseat play-through of the mod. Obviously this mainly for people familiar with the story but if there is anyone who is unfamiliar with them and =just wants to play a hotseat you are welcome to play too (I can fill you in on the background if you would like).

Anyway you can get the mod here

In addition you will need the enhanced submod to play hotseats and that can be found here

Anyhizzle, if anyone is interested just say so, we will work out the rules later on. Ideally we would like be able to fill up all ten factions but understandably that may not be possible.

Factions:
Stark/ Tully:
Renly/ Tyrell: TheGreatMonty
Joffrey/ Lannister: Kilij Ae Varyl
Stannis:
Iron Islands:
Dorne:
The Vale of Arryn:

I will fight for Total War Heaven.

Will You?

[This message has been edited by The Great Monty (edited 05-07-2012 @ 06:39 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
The Great Monty
Legionary
posted 28 May 2012 00:29 EDT (US)     26 / 48       
Yeah I think barracks shouldn't be destroyed because otherwise it's just armies of militia.

Will You?
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 28 May 2012 07:27 EDT (US)     27 / 48       
I'm not certain on it, but doesn't exterminating and/or sacking a settlement downgrade or destroy some buildings?

I assume, particularly if it's correct with the lore, merrily exterminating away will be fine if we want to?
I'm planning on either doing things like that or not based on the characters given that hopefully they've been set up with a bit of background.
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
(id: AugustusCaesar)
posted 28 May 2012 11:33 EDT (US)     28 / 48       
No, sacking and exterminating only causes damage that can all be repaired in 1 turn, that seems abit too minor a loss for losing a city and way too fast to repair. Destruction fits lorewise, especially with the Greyjoys, if anyone was thinking of playing as them.

"An emperor is subject to no one, but god and justice" -Barbarrosa
"The best fortress a prince can possess is the affection of his people" -Niccolo Machiavelli
The Great Monty
Legionary
posted 29 May 2012 06:24 EDT (US)     29 / 48       
So shall we wait for Eoj to make a forth player or just start now?

Will You?
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 29 May 2012 08:16 EDT (US)     30 / 48       
I don't think I can commit to this one I'll try and be a replacement.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
The Great Monty
Legionary
posted 29 May 2012 15:45 EDT (US)     31 / 48       
Ok so that's

Kilij Ae Varyl- Joffrey/ Lannister
Me- Stark/ Tullys
Swampy- TBA (if you don't want to play as two factions I would suggest Stannis or House Greyjoy)

Also Renly/ Tyrells will be ai controlled but they still tend to do well that way.

Will You?
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 29 May 2012 15:52 EDT (US)     32 / 48       
I'll do what I'm given, like a good boy

The Greyjoys weren't on your original list. If they're next to each other I can take the two factions if you want, otherwise just pick for me please.

Assuming you set an admin password then others could potentially join later / swap
The Great Monty
Legionary
posted 30 May 2012 00:01 EDT (US)     33 / 48       
Wait admin password? Is there such a thing? Or will I just get everyone's passwords or something.

Ok I'll put you with the Renly/ Tyrell side who have the largest army. Between them I believe. Anyhow if I'm not mistaken there is nothing holding us from finally beginning this (The thread was started almost a month ago)! Kilij Ae Varyl you have the first turns so I guess you should start it.

Will You?
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 30 May 2012 02:31 EDT (US)     34 / 48       
Setting an admin password lets you do all sorts of stuff such as setting factions to ai/human control, resetting passwords etc.

Once again, I've written some stuff explaining it - but can't remember where. one of the hotseat threads I guess.

Hopefully Kilij remembers how to set it up and can do that.

edit: http://rtw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=20,8347,0,all
Some brief comments there. Maybe it needs some more writing on it.

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 05-30-2012 @ 02:43 AM).]

Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 30 May 2012 07:08 EDT (US)     35 / 48       
I can setup admin. So, we still got the one-turn ceasefire(I assume we can't attack AI or Humans) and were sticking to autoresolve I assume? If not, do you want 'No Battle Time Limit' checked? Manage All Cities you want checked I assume. That's all otherwise, then I can setup the hotseat and play my turn.

"The best fortress a prince can possess is the affection of his people" -Niccolo Machiavelli
The Great Monty
Legionary
posted 30 May 2012 15:41 EDT (US)     36 / 48       
No battle time limit has no effect so it doesn't matter. Autoresolve all battles and 1 turn ceasefire.

Will You?
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 30 May 2012 16:26 EDT (US)     37 / 48       
Whenever I try to start a game with your descr-strat, the game crashes. Any problem you may know of. I restored my old one and it's fine, but in the wrong order.

The Great Monty
Legionary
posted 31 May 2012 00:42 EDT (US)     38 / 48       
Ok I'll have another look and see if I made a mistake.

Will You?
The Great Monty
Legionary
posted 31 May 2012 03:16 EDT (US)     39 / 48       
Ok Fixed it. Clear to proceed.

Will You?
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 31 May 2012 18:07 EDT (US)     40 / 48       
Problem fixed, hotseat started, admin set, turn(s) completed, and sent to Swampy. The Clash of Kings has begun,

Hotseat... GO!!!

The Great Monty
Legionary
posted 02 June 2012 21:21 EDT (US)     41 / 48       
Save played and sent on. We can now start combat. Should be pretty fun. I'm kind of hoping I don't get slaughtered thou

Will You?
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 03 June 2012 01:09 EDT (US)     42 / 48       
I am interested to see how this goes. I do admit, the ceasefire did make things alot harder. Regardless, you win some, you lose some.

The Great Monty
Legionary
posted 03 June 2012 02:11 EDT (US)     43 / 48       
I'm hoping that means the previous turn went well for me.

On another note, could swampy or another moderator please remove the Question mark in the title. It is no longer necessary as we are currently playing a Westeros Total War hotseat.

Will You?
The Great Monty
Legionary
posted 08 June 2012 08:39 EDT (US)     44 / 48       
Can we make a rule that you cannot go North Unless via sea or by taking Moat Cailin. In the books it was impossible to pass through the swamp near here, and so I think it should be necessary to Capture Moat Cailin before going any further. This makes it out to be the excellent natural choke point that it was in the books.

Will You?
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 08 June 2012 14:45 EDT (US)     45 / 48       
I'm fine with that - although since there's little chance of that being relevant to me (unless it's not as far north as I guess) I don't know if my vote counts. Is that something they're likely to change in the mod do you think? It seems odd to leave something passable that shouldn't be - unless it's possible to make swampy terrain much slower on the campaign map in the same way it can be done on the battlemap.

This mod is certainly quick into the action, quite an interesting start I think.
The Great Monty
Legionary
posted 08 June 2012 18:53 EDT (US)     46 / 48       
In he full version of the mod there is a causeway leading up to moat Cailin which forces the player to advance up the neck that way.

Will You?
The Great Monty
Legionary
posted 30 June 2012 12:20 EDT (US)     47 / 48       
Who still has the save?

Will You?
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 01 July 2012 04:42 EDT (US)     48 / 48