You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.61 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » M2TWH Hotseat (2)
Bottom
Topic Subject:M2TWH Hotseat (2)
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 02 February 2013 14:24 EDT (US)         

M2TWH Hotseat(2)

Game running (but new players welcome)
Current position: Turn 17 - Spain - EOJ - 18 June

Ranking charts:
Turn 13

Paypal standing - Turn 10

Players:
Wales (Kilij)
Milan (Selifator)
Spain (EoJ)
Denmark (ZSmart)
Hungary (SwampRat)
Kingdom of Jerusalem (LooseCannon)

Following the completion of HotseatA - let's have another game

Rather than Retrofit, this time we plan to use the Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod (KGCM) - it's a bit of a long-winded install (three files if I recall correctly) but should be interesting.

We'll use admin mode so that players can drop in and out easily and to allow us to skip turns if there's a long wait with no sub arranged - that would really have helped on HotseatA.

As for rules, the same all encompassing "don't cheat or exploit" applies as for HotseatA. The obvious parts of that are:
don't rerun your turn or parts of it to get a better result
don't crush agents with armies
don't park merchants in a fort over a resource
don't have a crusading general with no army at sea as a free-upkeep super-fleet
crusaders/jihadist should intend to go to the crusade target (visiting other places en-route is fine)

but broadly anything that feels like it shouldn't work isn't good.

Any thoughts on playing battles and difficulty settings? I'm up for M/M and autoresolve again but open to suggestions.
Autoresolve any battles against other human factions (and any battles with allied human armies unless permission is granted). M/VH difficulty settings to give more challenge in battles but not bias autoresolve (hopefully).

In terms of timing, if there's no word from a player for 5 days the turn gets played by the AI - the limit doesn't apply if you respond to email or have said in advance you need extra time. It would be good to arrange a sub if there'll be an extended absence though as the game could lose momentum

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 06-21-2013 @ 02:21 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
(id: AugustusCaesar)
posted 02 February 2013 17:13 EDT (US)     1 / 61       
Byzantium is an interesting choice, different religions are always interesting.

M/M should be fine if were not going to disable the Garrison script. I play all my campaign games VH/VH, but Garrison Script and VH/VH is apocalyptic. I personally don't like Garrison Script very much as the enemy can leave one unit in a city and army spawns when you attack it, but with M/M it should be fine.

Forced Auto-Resolve is good, or at least have it be a only forced between Humans.

Everything seems good, I hope we can get a good sized player roster.

"An emperor is subject to no one, but god and justice" -Barbarrosa
"The best fortress a prince can possess is the affection of his people" -Niccolo Machiavelli
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03 February 2013 06:18 EDT (US)     2 / 61       
I'm in. I've got the mod already installed.
I'll also drum up interest on facebook

EDIT: I am also interested. Maybe in spain again, I'll have to have a look and play a game or two on that mod.

Is there a mode where we can play against the AI but not humans then? That way players can always autoresolve if pushed for time a la Hotseat A, but can have a nice proper battle if not.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You

[This message has been edited by EnemyofJupitor (edited 02-03-2013 @ 06:26 AM).]

Zsmart one
Legionary
posted 03 February 2013 11:03 EDT (US)     3 / 61       
I'm interested in playing. I don't know who yet I want to get a feel for the mod first then I'll decide shortly. I'll even use this as my triumphant return to the forums, which I've been on and off about for years.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03 February 2013 11:34 EDT (US)     4 / 61       
Welcome back for sure

Selifator
Legionary
posted 03 February 2013 14:36 EDT (US)     5 / 61       
I'm in, not familiar with the mod so I'll pick a preferred faction later.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
Zsmart one
Legionary
posted 03 February 2013 14:58 EDT (US)     6 / 61       
OK after a little experimenting with the mod I'd be will to play ether as France or one of the christian Crusader states.

My only concern with France is that it is will be to close to Eoj's Spain and Kilij's Wales while leaving Swamp rat all by his lonesome in the East.
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 04 February 2013 13:05 EDT (US)     7 / 61       
Zsmart, I'd be happy to change factions if that helps - although if we're all over one end it could make things odd anyway.

If someone is defeated, or drives their faction to the point of near destruction, I'd be quite happy for them to hop over to another AI faction as long as any still exist. With an expanded map perhaps we don't need measures to drag things out but I think it's a reasonable idea.

We could go for two factions each but I'd rather not unless there's a particular benefit from it.

I might have to extend the list of prohibited exploits after TWLegend's epic adventures...
Zsmart one
Legionary
posted 04 February 2013 18:12 EDT (US)     8 / 61       
All of us right next to each other might be interesting as it kind of makes the game into a much more political game since space to expand through AI's will be limited and attacking one another leaves each other vulnerable to attacks from the other players.

Frankly I'm ok with whatever depending on how many people join.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 07 February 2013 11:35 EDT (US)     9 / 61       
I'm willing to move around to somewhere more central if needed!

Zsmart one
Legionary
posted 07 February 2013 20:19 EDT (US)     10 / 61       
I'm ok with playing most factions too its just a matter of how spread out do we want to be.
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 08 February 2013 00:16 EDT (US)     11 / 61       
How about we try and go in a pattern across the map, given we're so flexible about which factions to play - so either try to get alternating human and AI (so noone starts with a human neighbour but noone is very far away either) and/or go with a diagonal line across the map if that's possible
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 08 February 2013 09:55 EDT (US)     12 / 61       
I agree.

Zsmart one
Legionary
posted 08 February 2013 13:38 EDT (US)     13 / 61       
maybe I should play as Egypt? Then I'll balance out Byzantium, but be far enough away that we can both expand. It also leaves me close to Spain if they travel through N. Africa. Then Wales is close to Spain it will just have England and France between them. This will also give a sort of balance between religions so it's not all Catholics and SwampRat.
Selifator
Legionary
posted 08 February 2013 15:59 EDT (US)     14 / 61       
So, I haven't been able to look at the mod yet due to a busy first week of college. But I'm willing to fill in a gap on the map if there is one. Otherwise I'll take my pick this weekend.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
Zsmart one
Legionary
posted 08 February 2013 20:25 EDT (US)     15 / 61       
Milan and Sicily might be good, although they will put you at the center of attention. somewhere up north might be good too there is a lot of empty space there right now.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 09 February 2013 04:06 EDT (US)     16 / 61       
Oh god, not Sicily again...

Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 09 February 2013 08:13 EDT (US)     17 / 61       
Or you could play Lithuania, then we got a human for Islam, Catholicism, Orthodoxism, and Paganism. If we wanted to go even further, we can set the Aztecs as playable and then we got the Sun God Religion too if EoJ wants to play them, the Aztecs have boats and they are a legitimate faction in KGCM...

It would be like the DLC for Crusader Kings 2...

"The best fortress a prince can possess is the affection of his people" -Niccolo Machiavelli

[This message has been edited by Kilij Ae Varyl (edited 02-09-2013 @ 08:14 AM).]

Selifator
Legionary
posted 09 February 2013 15:37 EDT (US)     18 / 61       
Aztecs would leave one player isolated though, might not be that much fun in the early/mid game. I played Milan in Hotseat B so that would be fun, Lithuania is fine as well.

Facebook, anyone?
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 10 February 2013 01:28 EDT (US)     19 / 61       
How about: Wales (Kilij); Spain (EoJ); Milan (Selifator) and then me and ZSmart Denmark, Hungary, or Sicily (not me as Sicily).
Surrounds France and HRE and gives everyone some proximity I think. Maybe being all catholic will avoid having jihad/crusade bias
Zsmart one
Legionary
posted 10 February 2013 11:21 EDT (US)     20 / 61       
my preferences would be
Denmark
Hungary
Sicily
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 11 February 2013 15:03 EDT (US)     21 / 61       
I'll email a save around so we can all check it works - currently I'm envisaging:
Wales (Kilij)
Spain (EoJ)
Milan (Selifator)
Denmark (ZSmart)
Hungary (Me)

If you want a different faction then let me know - with the power of admin mode it doesn't even need to be before we begin the game...

I'd appreciate being told your passwords once they're set. I hope Transylvanian peasants weren't taken out in this mod

Oh and did we get a decision on the playing battles Vs not? There's no way to force it to be autoresolve against other players but not AI so we'd be taking that on trust, but I'd be happy to trust you with that (until I start losing or there are results like that blasted Miracle City debarcle)

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 02-11-2013 @ 03:05 PM).]

Selifator
Legionary
posted 11 February 2013 16:05 EDT (US)     22 / 61       
Being able to play battles against the AI would be nice so I'm for having the choice.

Facebook, anyone?
Zsmart one
Legionary
posted 11 February 2013 16:10 EDT (US)     23 / 61       
I would prefer to be able to do battles against AI. In my current test run for Denmark I've had an awfully large string of crushing defeats with sieges even if I'm 2:1 odds in my favor.
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 11 February 2013 16:34 EDT (US)     24 / 61       
I'm in favour of forced-autoresolve, my test games went fine with it. I don't like fighting as the attacker in a siege anyway.

And you should be able to win with 2:1 odds if your playing M/M, in my many test games the siege on Castle Town(Castle) went fine on Auto-Resolve and the odds weren't even 1.5:1.

Zsmart one
Legionary
posted 11 February 2013 17:17 EDT (US)     25 / 61       
It was weird it happened in each siege battle against rebels. If I attacked the turn after I besieged i would get a crushing defeat each time unless I waited a few turns even with the same odds. I guess it was just rotten bad luck. I'm fine with whatever the group wants.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames