You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.47 replies, Sticky
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion » How to install M2TW: Kingdoms
Bottom
Topic Subject:How to install M2TW: Kingdoms
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 31 August 2007 13:48 EDT (US)         
If you are using WINDOWS XP please go to steps in ORANGE.

If you are using WINDOWS VISTA please go to steps in YELLOW

============================================================ ========================================================
XP USERS

SECTION I = If you have NOT modded your game.
SECTION II = If you have modded your game.

SECTION I

1. Install Kingdoms. (It will install over M2TW 1.0 or Patch 1.2.) Either way, you should be good.

2. It will continue to install the rest of Kingdoms: Americas, Britannia, Crusades and Teutonic campaigns.

SECTION II

1. Uninstall the game entirely: Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Medieval 2 Total War

2. Go to My Computer > Local Disk C > Program Files > SEGA. Delete this "SEGA" folder.

3. Do a fresh install of Medieval 2 Total War (1.0). DO NOT USE 1.1 or 1.2!

4. After you have installed M2TW, install Kingdoms.

============================================================ ========================================================
VISTA USERS

SECTION I = If you have NOT modded your game.
SECTION II = If you have modded your game.

SECTION I

1. Install Patch 1.2 if you have not already. If you have patch 1.2 already proceed to step 2.

2. Install Kingdoms. It will continue to install the rest of Kingdoms: Americas, Britannia, Crusades and Teutonic campaigns.

SECTION II

1. Uninstall the game entirely: Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Medieval 2 Total War

2. Go to My Computer > Local Disk C > Program Files > SEGA. Delete this "SEGA" folder.

3. Do a fresh install of Medieval 2 Total War (1.0).

4. Install Patch 1.2.

4. After you have installed M2TW and Patch 1.2, install Kingdoms.

If you are experiencing problems with the game after trying the above methods please post your problems here so we may assist you.

Note an important post by a CA VIP
NOTE: the link is missing Gaius?

As-Salaam-Alaikum

[This message has been edited by Santos I (edited 10-18-2007 @ 09:21 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Duan Xuan
Legionary
posted 23 September 2007 03:42 EDT (US)     1 / 47       
My PC crashed halfway through my Kingdoms installation. After rebooting, I kept on getting this error:
This 1.03.000 update cannot be applied to the 1.00.000 version of the game.
So I uninstalled M2TW altogether, following closely to the instructions above. But I still get this error after I click on the Install button in Install Wizard. After a while I get the error:
Failed to apply updates to Medieval II: Total War. Aborting installation.
Any help, please?...

*edit* Never mind, I figured out that I had to first install 1.2 before installing Kingdoms. It's installing fine now, thank goodness.

[This message has been edited by Duan Xuan (edited 09-23-2007 @ 05:44 AM).]

Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 01 October 2007 18:56 EDT (US)     2 / 47       
Good to hear. I was just about to ask if you had vista.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

Chalupa Batman
Centurion
posted 18 October 2007 21:16 EDT (US)     3 / 47       
Phew! Hopefully I've updated the OP in a more understandable format. What do you figure Gaius?

As-Salaam-Alaikum
TXG5560
Legionary
posted 26 November 2007 00:06 EDT (US)     4 / 47       
I am having trouble installing the 1.2 patch onto the 1.0 version. I am running the game on Windows Vista. I have run the unpacker which unpacked the 7GB of data. However, when I run the setup.exe for version 1.2 I get the error message 'Can not launch the patch process'. Just before the error message comes up, the installation program is on the updating core game assets. Has anyone had this problem? I assume I am missing some step or file somewhere. I would appreciate any help I can get. I have been trying to update to this version so I can play Kingdoms.

thanks
Tim
Chalupa Batman
Centurion
posted 29 November 2007 23:44 EDT (US)     5 / 47       
Hi Tim,

Before installing 1.2 had you modified any files in your game?

If you keep getting this error and have not modified your game version of 1.0 I suggest reinstalling everything, then going from 1.0 straight to 1.2.

If you want to keep your saved games just go into the saved games folder In Medieval 2 Total War and pull them out, then replace them once you've installed up to patch 1.2

You know there is a patch 1.3 just for M2TW right?

As-Salaam-Alaikum
Brittano Iberian
Legionary
posted 09 December 2007 17:13 EDT (US)     6 / 47       
using windows XP.

just done a fresh install and tried to install kingdoms and said cant install with a 1.00 version of m2tw.
Some going to download 1.3 and see if i have better luck.

"Men make gods in their own image; those of the Ethiopians are black and snub-nosed, those of the Thracians have blue eyes and red hair."
Xenophanes

Where I work. Costa del Sol property
Costa del Sol business
Costa del Sol Blog
Primo
Legionary
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 09 December 2007 17:20 EDT (US)     7 / 47       
No. Download 1.2, it's what the instructions say for a start, and you could have some problems if you try to install over 1.3.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
Brittano Iberian
Legionary
posted 09 December 2007 17:29 EDT (US)     8 / 47       
really? ok. I thought since santos made the comment about 1.3

"Men make gods in their own image; those of the Ethiopians are black and snub-nosed, those of the Thracians have blue eyes and red hair."
Xenophanes

Where I work. Costa del Sol property
Costa del Sol business
Costa del Sol Blog
darude
Legionary
posted 28 December 2007 08:12 EDT (US)     9 / 47       
Guys, don no if its been asked, but everytime i try and install kingdoms, it gets 2 the 2nd screen and says: can't load game language, ill get a direct quote if u need, pz help thx guys.

EDIT:

I fixed it, its cool, sry guys!

(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < )
This is bunny. Copy bunny into your siginature to help him on his way to world domination!
"An eye for an eye will make us all blind" muhatma ghandi
"And at the last, evil foe i say this unto you, COLLEUS" me

[This message has been edited by darude (edited 12-30-2007 @ 09:30 AM).]

fixer1140
Legionary
posted 07 January 2008 09:49 EDT (US)     10 / 47       
Windows XP

I tried installing Kingdoms, but I had to go eat dinner so I (stupidly) shut it off with Cntl, Alt, Delete. Now when I tried to install it all the way through, that "1.3 can't be applied to 1.0" window comes up. I uninstalled then reinstalled M2TW, that didn't work. I downloaded 1.2 - what are you supposed to do after it downloads, you click open then what? Are you supposed to save it? Now I can't even find the dang things. Is there a really easy way to do this? Thanks.

EDIT: I finally figured out to install the patch after downloading it. It works now, thanks.

Jerusalem implores you to come to its aid. Undertake this journey eagerly for the remission of sins, and be assured of imperishable glory in the Kingdom of Heaven. God wills it!

-Pope Urban II

[This message has been edited by fixer1140 (edited 01-07-2008 @ 01:23 PM).]

Chalupa Batman
Centurion
posted 10 February 2008 21:35 EDT (US)     11 / 47       
really? ok. I thought since santos made the comment about 1.3
What do you mean? 1.3 patch is only if you're going to play M2TW (no kingdoms). Right?

As-Salaam-Alaikum
Primo
Legionary
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 11 February 2008 18:43 EDT (US)     12 / 47       
Correct.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
Zufios
Legionary
posted 15 February 2008 01:33 EDT (US)     13 / 47       
Just got my hands on Kingdoms and have been through this thread, I have a couple of queries about installation if anyone can help me.
Currently I'm playing an un-modded version of M2TW, and I have patch 1.2 installed. I want to install Kingdoms and am a little confused by this thread with regards to patch 1.3, as I have been told that 1.3 relates directly to Kingdoms.
So, should I install Kingdoms first & then install patch 1.3?, or just install Kingdoms? What is the best way to go about doing this?
Chalupa Batman
Centurion
posted 15 February 2008 13:09 EDT (US)     14 / 47       
When you install Kingdoms it is 1.3. If you aren't going to use Kingdoms and want an update for M2TW, then you'd just download a 1.3 patch (without kingdoms).

Cheers, let me know if that makes sense.

As-Salaam-Alaikum
Zufios
Legionary
posted 17 February 2008 22:22 EDT (US)     15 / 47       
Cheers Santos, that makes loads of sense. Much appreciate your help.
Emperor Alexander
Legionary
(id: Alex Coles)
posted 01 September 2008 04:16 EDT (US)     16 / 47       
I can't install Kingdoms! I get an error when installing Patch 1.2 to do with the SFX.dat file. Oh, to think I was so looking forward to this but all it's done is make me re-install M2TW for the 50th time.

"...there's a difference between offering constructive criticism and going out of your way to be a dick." - Aro
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 01 September 2008 05:52 EDT (US)     17 / 47       
Got Vista?

-Love Gaius

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw

Emperor Alexander
Legionary
posted 01 September 2008 05:58 EDT (US)     18 / 47       
Nope. By the way, the next time I installed it, it conks out at Voice1.DAT (the patch does) which results in a half-installed patch meaning I have to re-instal 8 gigs worth of game again.

"...there's a difference between offering constructive criticism and going out of your way to be a dick." - Aro

[This message has been edited by Alex Coles (edited 09-01-2008 @ 06:00 AM).]

Emperor Alexander
Legionary
posted 01 September 2008 18:04 EDT (US)     19 / 47       
Nah, the game is playing up again. I think it's because when I was installing the patch I opened my DVD drive to speed things up (acting slow on .dll and xml files in the installation? That's weird). So, when I finished Americas worked but I couldn't battle in the other three. I can't believe i've spent like three days trying to get this to work ...

[This message has been edited by Alex Coles (edited 09-01-2008 @ 07:57 PM).]

Chalupa Batman
Centurion
posted 04 September 2008 00:14 EDT (US)     20 / 47       
Wow man. I feel for ya. What did you buy? The game + the expansion pack or the game and then later bought the expansion?

As-Salaam-Alaikum
remulu
Legionary
posted 25 September 2008 12:30 EDT (US)     21 / 47       
well...im on Vista and I got kingdoms adn immediatly installed it...it worked but then the original didnt go...so now im installing 1.2...is this supposed to fix that?

well Ive downloaded it but it still keeps telling me about an unspecified error in the original and also with kingdoms.I sthere anywhere im supposed to put the download...or just in the stupid place my computer decided to put it...:S
well after pretty much keeping myself entertained for the 6hours it took to download the 1.2 on kingdoms

well I uninstalled kingdoms and MT2W still doesnt go...so im uninstalling that as well *sigh*

[This message has been edited by remulu (edited 09-25-2008 @ 08:11 PM).]

Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 26 September 2008 19:14 EDT (US)     22 / 47       
Woah. Hold on a sec remulu. The 1.2 patch is only for the vanilla game without kingdoms installed. 1.3 is the vanilla game once kingdoms is installed and kingdoms can be either 1.4 or 1.5.

-Love Gaius

remulu
Legionary
posted 27 September 2008 01:02 EDT (US)     23 / 47       
I know.

Im supposed to put the patch on before installing kingdoms..I messed that part up when I first installed the kingdoms game...

arrrrgggg....I wasnt able to get on today...I get home and discover this patch that took 8hours to download...is completly erased from my computer?...

[This message has been edited by remulu (edited 09-27-2008 @ 01:38 AM).]

Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 27 September 2008 07:54 EDT (US)     24 / 47       
Kingdoms will automatically install the patch for you!

-Love Gaius

remulu
Legionary
posted 27 September 2008 09:22 EDT (US)     25 / 47       
oh.........but wait a sec...Kingdoms couldnt finish appyling the changes(1.3!!!) to M2TW and aborted the installing...and it seems from here that lots of others had that problem as well....so do I download 1.3?

and sorry for the amount of trouble im causing you Gauis:P
I just dont often download things and when I do im lost:P

[This message has been edited by remulu (edited 09-27-2008 @ 09:25 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames