You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.47 replies, Sticky
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion » How to install M2TW: Kingdoms
Bottom
Topic Subject:How to install M2TW: Kingdoms
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 31 August 2007 13:48 EDT (US)         
If you are using WINDOWS XP please go to steps in ORANGE.

If you are using WINDOWS VISTA please go to steps in YELLOW

============================================================ ========================================================
XP USERS

SECTION I = If you have NOT modded your game.
SECTION II = If you have modded your game.

SECTION I

1. Install Kingdoms. (It will install over M2TW 1.0 or Patch 1.2.) Either way, you should be good.

2. It will continue to install the rest of Kingdoms: Americas, Britannia, Crusades and Teutonic campaigns.

SECTION II

1. Uninstall the game entirely: Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Medieval 2 Total War

2. Go to My Computer > Local Disk C > Program Files > SEGA. Delete this "SEGA" folder.

3. Do a fresh install of Medieval 2 Total War (1.0). DO NOT USE 1.1 or 1.2!

4. After you have installed M2TW, install Kingdoms.

============================================================ ========================================================
VISTA USERS

SECTION I = If you have NOT modded your game.
SECTION II = If you have modded your game.

SECTION I

1. Install Patch 1.2 if you have not already. If you have patch 1.2 already proceed to step 2.

2. Install Kingdoms. It will continue to install the rest of Kingdoms: Americas, Britannia, Crusades and Teutonic campaigns.

SECTION II

1. Uninstall the game entirely: Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Medieval 2 Total War

2. Go to My Computer > Local Disk C > Program Files > SEGA. Delete this "SEGA" folder.

3. Do a fresh install of Medieval 2 Total War (1.0).

4. Install Patch 1.2.

4. After you have installed M2TW and Patch 1.2, install Kingdoms.

If you are experiencing problems with the game after trying the above methods please post your problems here so we may assist you.

Note an important post by a CA VIP
NOTE: the link is missing Gaius?

As-Salaam-Alaikum

[This message has been edited by Santos I (edited 10-18-2007 @ 09:21 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 10 October 2008 18:50 EDT (US)     26 / 47       
Best thing to do is uninstall everything and delete any remaining files. Then try to re-install again following the procedure in the OP.

P.S. No trouble at all. It's what we're here for. Apologies for the slow response but work has been busy.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

[This message has been edited by Gaius Colinius (edited 10-10-2008 @ 06:52 PM).]

remulu
Legionary
posted 13 October 2008 16:18 EDT (US)     27 / 47       
Thanks for the help

I got it going But didnt get to reply becuase I lost my interent connection, anyway thanks and its a great game(yay for firethrowers:P)
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 13 October 2008 18:54 EDT (US)     28 / 47       
Good to hear you got it going Remulu. Enjoy and welcome to the forums.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 18 December 2008 04:24 EDT (US)     29 / 47       
Woooo time passes quick when I don't visit every part of these forums!

As-Salaam-Alaikum
kelan
Legionary
posted 17 June 2009 20:55 EDT (US)     30 / 47       
um i have a problem when i try to install the 1.2 patch from gamershell i get it done and try to install but it says that their is no version of medieval 2 total war installed what does that mean and how can i fix it ps i have vista
Nick The Hun
Legionary
(id: Nick_The_Hunn)
posted 26 September 2009 03:17 EDT (US)     31 / 47       
I installed Kingdoms again today, first it had to patch up to 1.2 and to my surprise it also installed 1.3
Halfway at 1.3 it said couldn't load/open Data pack 0
So i looked at the files of the patch, and indeed it only included a Data Pack 1 and Data 2. There wasn't a Data 0
I think there is something wrong with the 1.3 patch?
I've downloaded it from Gamershell and it gives this problem ^
Now i'm dling from a different webpage to see if it has Data pack 0.

Anyone who got better ideas or knows how to solve this problem?
JackL1993
Legionary
posted 18 October 2009 17:13 EDT (US)     32 / 47       
I just want to cry!! I am in Vista and have downloaded 1.2 and still doesn't want to install. Please someone help!!
Glacier_Girl
Legionary
posted 18 October 2009 18:31 EDT (US)     33 / 47       
Umm. Before you cry, please list your computer hardware specifications, what type of Vista you're running (32 or 64), exactly what you're doing when you are attempting to install Kingdoms, and what error messages you may be getting, if any.

Is your main game installed in Program Files, or a different directory?

Did you buy the Gold Pack, or are you upgrading from a box with just Medieval 2 to a box that just has Kingdoms?

Think you're a hotshot against the Mongols? Go to the Mongolphobia mod discussions and download the mod, then, you will surely tremble with fear in the face of the Mongols. If you have suggestions/questions, feel free to make a thread. You can download Mongolphobia here. Good luck.

“Life lives, life dies. Life laughs, life cries. Life gives up and life tries. But life looks different through everyone's eyes.” -Unknown

Read my AAR/Story "The Battle of the Bridge" here!
jtyler2
Legionary
posted 28 November 2009 07:04 EDT (US)     34 / 47       
Hi,

I bought the Direct 2 Drive version of Medieval II Total War (so it's already version 1.3, etc...). I subsequently bought the retail box/DVD version of the Kingdoms Expansion Pack (not M2TW Gold, just the Kingdoms Expansion Pack).

Has anyone had any luck or knows how to get the retail box version of Kingdoms to work with the Direct 2 Drive downloaded version? It seems like there's got to be a way...
lukeflintman
Legionary
posted 21 February 2010 03:59 EDT (US)     35 / 47       
im on vista

i did everything the thing said and when i go to install kingdoms it says: Cannot determain the installed game language for medieval 2 total war kingdoms.
What the hells that suppost to mean plzz help mee
Dake
Legionary
posted 03 March 2010 12:14 EDT (US)     36 / 47       
HEY? Which I have to choose if I have Windows 7?
Vista?
And I red everything here, I dont understand, do I have to buy something or I can play Kingdoms just downloading theese files?
And I have to uninstall everithing and reinstall in Program Files, in a folder, but that it isn't the SEGA folder. <--did I get it right?

please someone answer
I downloaded the first time and when I installed patch 1.3, the patch 1.4 didnt install automaticly

[This message has been edited by Dake (edited 03-04-2010 @ 08:09 AM).]

DarthDovah101
Legionary
posted 23 May 2013 05:15 EDT (US)     37 / 47       
I bought Kingdoms recently so I could get the Stainless Steel mod which looks awesome.

Thing is, I can't get Kingdoms to install. I've read through all the walkthroughs and I have uninstalled M2TW, deleted the SEGA folder, reinstalled M2TW, downloaded and installed the 1.02 patch (which has worked as I checked in the options bit in-game and it does say 1.02 version).

However every time I try to install Kingdoms an error comes up saying "the language could not be detected". I'm on Windows 7 and would appreciate any help!
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 23 May 2013 07:17 EDT (US)     38 / 47       
Unfortunately, Windows 7 seems to be a source of a few problems when it comes to Kingdoms. I actually had an error that wouldn't allow me to install Kingdoms as well, and had to instead re-purchase it off Steam. Very unfortuante but i can play Kingdoms now. Unfortunately i can offer no solutions, and i hope that someone with greater knowledge can pass through here and assist you.

Sorry

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
DarthDovah101
Legionary
posted 23 May 2013 07:29 EDT (US)     39 / 47       
So if I buy both M2TW and Kingdoms off Steam I can get Stainless Steel?

Found them on the store for £15.
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 23 May 2013 08:14 EDT (US)     40 / 47       
Indeed, although i have yet to attempt it, but apparently it is possible. ]This holds the key to making it work- the details are in post #245

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 23 May 2013 11:39 EDT (US)     41 / 47       
You can, there are some issues around getting mods to work on Steam I believe (Awesome Eagle, did you get this sorted and if so how straightforward is it?) there are links around somewhere on the steps.

The game is quite old now and you might find the (physical) Gold version around more cheaply than Steam's price. Steam also occasionally has the game on offer, which presumably will come around again with/before the launch of Rome 2.
DarthDovah101
Legionary
posted 24 May 2013 04:09 EDT (US)     42 / 47       
So the Gold version works on Windows 7?
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 24 May 2013 06:13 EDT (US)     43 / 47       
Yes, it should do.
(I'm running Win 7 and M2TW + Kingdoms, which is a slightly different version for some reason than the Gold edition when it comes to patching but I've never heard of any issues)
DarthDovah101
Legionary
posted 24 May 2013 06:49 EDT (US)     44 / 47       
Wait so you have a separate M2TW and Kingdoms running ok on Windows 7?
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 24 May 2013 12:42 EDT (US)     45 / 47       
Should I not have?
DarthDovah101
Legionary
posted 24 May 2013 17:24 EDT (US)     46 / 47       
Haha that's exactly what isn't working on mine!
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 25 May 2013 13:30 EDT (US)     47 / 47       
I don't know why I didn't read all of your posts earlier - sorry for being so slow. I think the language problem isn't all that rare.

There's a version of patch 1.2 on the Kingdoms discs I think, which might be worth trying instead of a downloaded version.

You can turn off some of the security features protecting program files, just for the SEGA\Medieval folders and that might potentially help (right click, go to the security tab and give everyone permission to have full control etc).

If none of that works then it could be that uninstalling isn't quite working and registry entries are being left behind. If you're happy using regedit or some more fancy cleaning up program (e.g. CCleaner) you could try removing them before reinstalling again.

Good luck and sorry for the previous unhelpful replies
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames