You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven)

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven) » New Interview - Lead Designer Q&A (14th Oct)
Bottom
Topic Subject:New Interview - Lead Designer Q&A (14th Oct)
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 14 October 2008 11:02 EDT (US)         
RockPaperShotgun.com has posted a new exclusive interview with Empire: Total War's Lead Designer James Russell. During the Q&A they discussed political changes in the 18th century, changes to the campaign map, the role of Generals and naval battles.
Source: http://www.sega-australia.com/empire/gameinfo/news.php?n=2353
Not all empires are built in intergalactic space, you know. Some are built in history, and that’s the subject of this latest interview: matters pertaining to the latest strategic behemoth from the British studio, Creative Assembly. We chart some of the major differences between this and previous games, with particular attention paid to the turn-based campaign map and the radical changes brought about by the new game’s battle engine. Crucially, Empire: Total War drags the Total War series a couple of centuries closer to the modern age.
See the full preview on Rock, Paper, Shogun by clicking HERE...
AuthorReplies:
HAMandCHEESE
Legionary
posted 14 October 2008 11:24 EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Nice find. I really like the part concerning the small details of the game. Something i think TW has always done well.

I still wonder how the generals will be portrayed on the battlefield. I probably missed this somewhere though.
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 16 October 2008 04:30 EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Awesome Scipii.

Will be in the news shortly

Keep digging up Empire info and you'll keep getting points on the "Afty's fav. forummer board"

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 17 October 2008 18:19 EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Well, you know- 'all the small things'

Brilliant. About to read- thanks!

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Ischenous
Legionary
posted 18 October 2008 07:58 EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Interesting.

I'm sure I saw Andew Dunn in one of the posts while reading the discussion below.

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
Andalus
Legionary
posted 18 October 2008 09:33 EDT (US)     5 / 6       
Yes, I've seen him quite a bit on Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

An interesting read.
Kor
Busschof Happertesch
(id: Derfel Cadarn)
posted 21 October 2008 09:36 EDT (US)     6 / 6       
The new features, especially the attention to detail, sound spectacular! It is good to see the TW games tread paths previously trod only by the Europa Universalis games. Excellent!

Also, something mentioned in the comments that's important:
Randomly, last time I talked to the Empire guys, they talked a bit about the AI to me. They said they were reapproaching it - but equally, they said that they didn’t expect people to completely buy into that sort of promise. But the said that on a pure quantitative level that the last Total War this team did - Rome - had a single guy working on all the AI, and it wasn’t even his sole programming responsibility. This time I think they have 3 full time on it, plus another couple of people in a part time basis.

So while I do understand cynicism, it does appear they are throwing manpower at the problem.

KG
For those who don't know Kieron, he's an expert reviewer at EuroGamer.

Kor | The Age of Chivalry is upon us!
Wellent ich gugk, so hindert mich / köstlicher ziere sinder,
Der ich e pflag, da für ich sich / Neur kelber, gaiss, böck, rinder,
Und knospot leut, swarz, hässeleich, / Vast rüssig gen dem winder;
Die geben müt als sackwein vich. / Vor angst slach ich mein kinder
Offt hin hinder.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames