You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Amazon: Total War

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.120 replies, Sticky
Total War Heaven » Forums » Amazon: Total War » Amazon Total War Bug Reports and Technical Help
Bottom
Topic Subject:Amazon Total War Bug Reports and Technical Help
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 06 September 2008 18:38 EDT (US)         
Place bug reports or requests for technical help here. Before you report a bug or issue, please look to see if it has already been reported and resolved.

Known Issues:

Game sometimes crashes when starting a battle: This can happen if you are not playing on a clean copy of RTW. Create a fresh, unmodified copy of RTW and install ATW to it (with no mods, and not using savegames from an previous install of ATW that was crashing). Look here for an example of how to install multiple copies of RTW. I suggest you create at least one clean copy of the game and keep it as a backup. Then when you want to install new mods make a copy of that for each.

No Amazon Voices On The Strat Map: These have not been implemented yet, and probably not will be any time soon.

No Amazon General Pre-Battle Speeches: Same as Voices above.

Pictures of Cities In The Lists -> Settlements Scroll All Look Generic: This is because of a visual glitch when using the non-generic city cards. It has yet to be resolved.

Amazon General Portraits Look Strange: That is because they are temporary placeholders. Permanent General portraits will come in the future. If you are a talented 2-D artist please contact me if you would like to volunteer to create new ones.

The Game Displays The Wrong Faction Destroyed Video: This is a bug from RTW that seems even more prevalent in ATW. No eta on when it will be resolved.

Please select an item from the list when you go on Imperial Campaign: Usually solved by deleting "options_bi" at the top of the descr_strat file in /data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign. Thanks to Lee_of_Thrace for the heads-up.

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 08-15-2010 @ 05:36 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
lee of thrace
Legionary
posted 04 August 2010 06:33 EDT (US)     101 / 120       
might seem a bit of a noob problem here, but when i start mine it starts as normal rome, and all the normal factions. ive followed all the instructions right i guess, but is the romeTW.exe folder the one that starts up the game when clicked on?
Tittus Labienus
Legionary
posted 04 August 2010 07:26 EDT (US)     102 / 120       
When you set up the shortcut you gotta rt clk on it then go to target, add a space and type in -mod:amazon -show_err then it should work
Lab
lee of thrace
Legionary
posted 06 August 2010 19:04 EDT (US)     103 / 120       

GUYS IF THE PROBLEM IS -WHEN YOU GO ON IMPERIAL CAMPAIGN AND IT SAYS 'PLEASE SELECT AN ITEM FROM THE LIST' and it comes up error on descr-strat file on coloumn 1 line 28 you must go on the descr-strat file and delete 'options bi' at the top

lee of thrace
Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 15 August 2010 17:37 EDT (US)     104 / 120       
Thanks Lee. Added.

EDORIX
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
Belisaricus
Legionary
posted 22 August 2010 14:38 EDT (US)     105 / 120       
Hi im havin some problems with my game.

I usually play with Iberia and when i upgrade my walls to stone ones, all the doors of the city stay as broken all the time, i just cant repair them.

Another minor problem is that when i upgrade my high king hall i cant see my new building, there is a funny garden in the place of the new building.

Hope u can solve my problems and thx for this awesome mod
Draenin
Legionary
posted 14 April 2011 17:07 EDT (US)     106 / 120       
Every time i start a custom battle or campaign i get a message saying choose from the list or it just doesn't start and when i exit i get a error saying:

Script Error in
amazon/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.tx

Expected start date of campaign or battle

Help really want to play this game.
zeus9998123
Legionary
posted 15 June 2011 16:27 EDT (US)     107 / 120       
Hi I have a problem that every time I select The Imperial Campaign it says "Please Select an Item from the List". Please Help!!!
Liam_the_Spartan
Banned
posted 15 June 2011 16:47 EDT (US)     108 / 120       
Usually solved by deleting "options_bi" at the top of the descr_strat file in /data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign.
There you go
Amuscade
Legionary
posted 16 April 2013 20:12 EDT (US)     109 / 120       
Initially had please choose an item from the list bug, solved as directed.

Now CTD when starting a campaign or custom battle =(

RTW and BI was fresh install. RTW was already 1.3 so I patched it to 1.5 . BI shows in the options menu as 1.4 should it be 1.6? Not sure if that is the problem...the readme stated either RTW 1.5 or BI 1.6...Possibly the way I patched is wrong, because it was coming up with a msg saying something like "error cannot create RomeTotalwar.exe- file already exists"

pff, I will try re-install everything and re-patching it. x86 does not help!

Looks like a very complex mod adding multiple new layers to the gameplay

[This message has been edited by Amuscade (edited 04-18-2013 @ 07:57 AM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 17 April 2013 00:38 EDT (US)     110 / 120       
It sounds like your BI is 1,4. This will dumb down your RTW 1,5 back to 1,3.

Its an easy fix, though. Simply patch BI to 1,6. This will repatch your RTW back up to 1,5 in the process.

Note- this only works if RTW was patched to 1,5 before the BI dumbed it down!

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Amuscade
Legionary
posted 17 April 2013 06:45 EDT (US)     111 / 120       
Yes you are right
I check properly again today and my RTW disc is white label release, i.e. 1.5 already. BI installation is 1.4 and turns RTW to 1.3 ...Installed BI 1.6 as advised and RTW becomes 1.5 again and BI is 1.6 ... Interestingly no please choose an item from the list error happen his time- maybe was something to do with the above problem as well.

Just tried a custom battle quickly and everything works ok, bit slow but that's because unit scale was set so high I assume (normally I like it set to minimum for quicker battles anyway). There has obviously been a lot of work gone into this mod and it looks great

[This message has been edited by Amuscade (edited 04-18-2013 @ 07:57 AM).]

ParthianShot
Legionary
posted 08 May 2013 17:39 EDT (US)     112 / 120       
Sorry to hear your problem and hope everything is OK.

It is great to hear you kind like the mod.

Thanks TG again for helping.

The latest release is now 7.0E, please feel feel to upgrade it.
Silva
Legionary
posted 04 June 2013 10:48 EDT (US)     113 / 120       
is it possible to simply replace all the original game files and avoid using the shortcut? im on a mac and by using wine ive got it to run very successfully but i want to install this mod. any solutions? thanks
jakename
Legionary
posted 11 July 2013 09:10 EDT (US)     114 / 120       
hi guys i have 1 prob.
went i choose any faction at imperial campain and start the game at loading i have a error that say's:
error:filename doesn't exist: amazon/data/model's_strat/dacia_sm_captain.cas

btw i use 2.4

any help???
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 11 July 2013 12:43 EDT (US)     115 / 120       
Check your files in the folders to see if it does in fact exist.

If it does not, try downloading the mod again and (re)installing.

If you do have the file, make sure it is spelled correctly.

If neither of the above solve your problem, then I too am stumped.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
jakename
Legionary
posted 12 July 2013 01:20 EDT (US)     116 / 120       
i done all this thing's but the prob remain.

i download and reinstall again both mod and patch but nothing.
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 12 July 2013 03:14 EDT (US)     117 / 120       
Does the file exist in the folders?

jakename
Legionary
posted 12 July 2013 08:14 EDT (US)     118 / 120       
yes
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 12 July 2013 08:26 EDT (US)     119 / 120       
I noticed an apotrophe in your file path.

Does that exist in your folder name? And is it written such in the export_descr_unit file?

The two must match exactly. If they do not, then to the computer, the file does not exist.

ParthianShot
Legionary
posted 15 July 2013 09:07 EDT (US)     120 / 120       
Here is the 3.0C mod, the last by Subrosa. I notice the original link is no longer available, so perhaps you can download this and install it to acertain that it is not caused by a corrupted download file.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?587944-Amazon-Total-War-Download-for-3-0c
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames