You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Amazon: Total War

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Amazon: Total War » Amazon Total War 7.0E Reached top 5 ranking at ModDB
Bottom
Topic Subject:Amazon Total War 7.0E Reached top 5 ranking at ModDB
ParthianShot
Legionary
posted 08 May 2013 17:46 EDT (US)         
With understandably great excitement, I would like to announce that Amazon Total War's latest release

Amazons: Total War - Recalesced

has reached the top 5 ranking on ModDB's most popular mod list out of 19,200 titles.

Peak visitation is 6,400 with about 800 downloads daily.

I still remember the first announcement made here on the 5.0 Beta back in May of 2011. None of this is possible today without Terikel Grayhair's help.

The latest Amazon Total War 7.0E release is out and the gallery and downloadable mod file can be found here

http://www.moddb.com/mods/amazons-total-war-recalesced

[This message has been edited by ParthianShot (edited 05-09-2013 @ 04:00 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 09 May 2013 04:31 EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Congratulations!

Well earned, too. This is a great mod. Now I see others have learned this simple fact as well.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 08 July 2013 20:14 EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Fair play ParthianShot. Thought this mod was done and dusted so it's great to see somebody taking the great work that was done before and building on it.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

ParthianShot
Legionary
posted 11 August 2013 20:31 EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Sorry for the late reply, Thank you so much for your encouragement.

BTW, if you have the chance, it would be great for all people who want to support this mod to sign onto ModDB, and rate this mod a slightly higher rating than you would normally provide.

I request this because we are under troll attacks, i.e. people who are having past grudge against the project, intended on smear campaign us by providing the lowest ratings possible. One of the trolls is a confirmed pirate who wants to hijack Amazons Total War as his own. He released an old 6.0 mod by copying our work verbatim and added two load screen pictures. Moddb as well as Strategy Informer have both removed his releases.

Just to show what damage can such an attack do, for example, we were having a "10 out of 10" rating for the first three months of release, because it is a new title, we do not have many rating entries, so just a few people who rate the project with minimum rating would sink the mod's popularity.
As a result, we lost about 6,000 visitations everyday until more people gradually add the "10" rating to bring the current rating a bit higher.

We are now barely the top 5 mod because of this malicious ratings.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames