Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Amazon: Total War » ATW cheats :-s
Bottom
Topic Subject:ATW cheats :-s
JPizzle
Legionary
posted 09 August 2013 03:33 EDT (US)         
Hey guys, I've been playing ATW for a while now, but I really want to have some fun and start the campaign with almost unlimited money. I know you can do this on Rome by going into descr_strat file, but when I go into the same file for ATW the new factions are nowhere to be seen. Anyone help me on this?
Oh and the romeshell cheat thing doesn't work on my sh***y vista.
Thanks guys and girls!
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 09 August 2013 06:25 EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Not to encourage you to play under false pretenses, but still, a cry for help is a cry for help.

Hast thou peeked in the folder for ATW? The mod should be mod-switched, which means it does not touch the original files in the original folder, but rather looks into the mod folder for all it needs. Thou shalt first peek there, peruse that folder, then attempt to edit what thou wilt. As the 11th Commandment does say: Thou shalt make a back-up before attempting any modifying.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
JPizzle
Legionary
posted 09 August 2013 06:49 EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Thou hast peeked, and yet thou hast come out empty handed.
I've checked descr_strat in the Amazon folder. Should it be there? Or is thou looking in the wrong place?
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 09 August 2013 09:44 EDT (US)     3 / 5       
You'd have to follow through the ATW folder the same pathways you would travel in RTW.

I did that for BI, and found the descr_strat after a bit. ATW should work the same way.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
JPizzle
Legionary
posted 10 August 2013 16:40 EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Worked it out.
The new factions names are some of the old faction names. For example the valkyjra(unsure spelling) are listed as the scipii.
ParthianShot
Legionary
posted 11 August 2013 20:16 EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Glad you got it working, another way is do this is to add this block of script to the section immediately above the "armageddon" section in the file called, descr_script.txt in the show_me folder of the script folder.

monitor_event SettlementTurnStart FactionType egypt
and SettlementName Alexandria
console_command add_money egypt,20000
end_monitor

And you can repeat this for all the factions

The above script says, as long as Egypt holds the city of Alexandria, there will be $20,000 added to that faction at the beginning of every turn.

[This message has been edited by ParthianShot (edited 08-11-2013 @ 08:18 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames