You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome II Total War Intro Forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies, Sticky
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome II Total War Intro Forum » We want YOU to help us make R2TWH
Bottom
Topic Subject:We want YOU to help us make R2TWH
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 04 July 2012 16:35 EDT (US)         
A fansite is nothing without its community, and so I stand here with a rallying cry- Help us make the best fansite possible!

• Keep your eyes peeled for previews and updates, and let us know either on here or on the facebook page.
  • Keep chatting about features and things you're buzzing for
  • Dig out those old copies of Rome, and tell us what things you want from the original, and things you think could be updated with features from the later TW games
  • Get your friends excited, and bring them here
  • Get strangers excited, and bring them here
  • Make fan art and toons and pretty things- if they're good enough we could well adapt them into graphics for the main site when it comes up
  • If there's a gaming convention near you, let me kip on your sofa
  • Subtly mention us on other fansites
  • And More!

And, y'know, actually buy the game and write up some strategies and stuff...

Basically, chaps, let's bring in as many people as possible. With great excitement brings great opportunities, as a man in lycra with the ability to stick to walls once said. Or something like that.

If you see anything that might interest us, either start a new thread or if you don't have time, stick a link here and we'll do something with it.

Clarification:
    We want to make the best possible site concerning this wondrous new game.

This we can do with your help; ideas for the game itself are beyond our abilities to implement at the moment.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 07-21-2012 @ 08:06 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    I2ain_2_Battle
    Legionary
    posted 13 July 2012 17:04 EDT (US)     1 / 12       
    *I hope the AI will be smarter in the sequel.
    *I hope they have their own Spartan Campaign.
    *I hope there will be blood and gore, or atleast mods to make this possible.
    *I hope there will be more army to be controlled on the battlefield, to portray more realistic battles in the 10's of thousands.
    *I hope there is more variety than shogun total war 2.
    *I hope they keep Pike-men from Roma Surrectum 2, and Spear men hoplites separate.
    *They could make this an awesome sequal if they steal some of the best parts from roma securrectum, such as higher more realistic morale. the vanilla morale was laughable. and not realistic.
    General_Hobbes
    Legionary
    posted 16 July 2012 16:22 EDT (US)     2 / 12       
    *What about a third level of game play?

We have the battle maps, then we have the campaign map...
    Well what if when you scroll your mouse wheel in the campaign map you zoom out to reveal your Faction Leader standing over a large battle map?

If he is stationed in a city, then you will find his war room is in a palace. If he is at war and marching over the deserts of egypt then his war room will be in his battlefield tent.

You can move your General around his war room. Various easter eggs would accumulate as you won victories or suffered losses.

But most importantly, any of his sons/Generals stationed with the General, they would also appear in the War Room.

The general could command them to go through additional training. The training available would depend if they were in the field or in a city. And what buildings were available in the city.

For example if they were with an army on the march you could order a general to be trained in night fighting, or personal combat to improve his ability to survive a battle.

If You faction leader were in a city with one of his sons you could order the son to participate in the chariot races (at great risk for scarring and trauma). All these would allow slight increases, or decreases in the particular son/generals skills.

I think this would allow a third layer of depth. Which would add to a feeling of total emersion in the world of total war. But it is also a feature that players do not absolutely need to use, so players who prefer to focus on the two classic maps could completely ignore this feature.

What do you think of that?
    Hannibal the Conqueror
    Legionary
    (id: HannibalBarcaXXI)
    posted 17 July 2012 11:54 EDT (US)     3 / 12       
    A suitable image for this topic would be:

Will share the site, I'll see how many friends I can get from Facebook and Twitter.

"I long for Darkness."
    - Cormac McCarthy, The Sunset Limited.

"We are a species that ravages, plunders, kills, destroys, rapes and enslaves in the name of progress."
    Sir Ran Harder
    Legionary
    posted 20 July 2012 08:34 EDT (US)     4 / 12       
    I am hoping for three main things:

1). You can make your own campaign, unlike Napoleon where if you want to play as the French, there is a very linier road to follow.

2). The game is long enough (in turns) for you to take your time and do things right, rather than rush through in order to meet the end turn deadline. I personally like to take a long time on a game and do things my own way.

3). Recurring factions. This was introduced on Medieval and vanished for Rome. Finally making a comeback I believe in Empire. The Medieval version was not the best as a full army woudl suddenly turn up in a faction with hundreds of mounted knights. Empire did this right by only allowing a faction to return in its origional lands if it was left unguarded and turned rebel first.
    Turk23
    Legionary
    posted 21 July 2012 06:24 EDT (US)     5 / 12       
    i want many campaigns and different styles of campaigns.
    i want more troops for each faction.
    i want more targets for each faction.
    i want more music in the game.
    i want more diffent screens at the loading screen.
    i want each faction to have many videos for their factio.
    -finally 2 more unique characters tax collector
    and trader.

[This message has been edited by Turk23 (edited 07-21-2012 @ 06:25 AM).]

Terikel Grayhair
    Imperator
    (id: Terikel706)
    posted 21 July 2012 08:04 EDT (US)     6 / 12       
    Clarification:

We want to make the best possible site concerning this wondrous new game.

This we can do with your help; ideas for the game itself are beyond our abilities to implement at the moment.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
    |||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
    |||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
    Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
    Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
    Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
    alton12
    Banned
    posted 11 June 2013 23:52 EDT (US)     7 / 12       
    I really like your way of expressing the opinion and sharing the information.
    Aftermath
    HG Alumnus
    posted 29 August 2013 15:29 EDT (US)     8 / 12       
    Where are we guys?

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
    Awesome Eagle
    Spear of Mars
    (id: awesomated88)
    posted 29 August 2013 16:09 EDT (US)     9 / 12       
    We are getting there. Rather close i might add..

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
    History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
    Wars not make one great- Yoda
    Lenardius VII
    Legionary
    posted 29 August 2013 17:18 EDT (US)     10 / 12       
    I want....Rome 2 total war!

"Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale."
    EnemyofJupitor
    HG Alumnus Superbus
    posted 29 August 2013 19:53 EDT (US)     11 / 12       
    Where are we guys?
    The site is quite actually two technical fixes away from being released. Like, super super close. I can smell it.

Obviously we wanted it out earlier. But it's always the last corner that's hardest...

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
    Lenardius VII
    Legionary
    posted 30 August 2013 00:01 EDT (US)     12 / 12       
    Hurry up please!

HULK! SMASH!!!!

"Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale."
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames