Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome II Total War Intro Forum » Day 1 release
Bottom
Topic Subject:Day 1 release
Lenardius VII
Legionary
posted 20 August 2013 18:37 EDT (US)         
September 3 which faction will you play?

For me its mighty Carthage!! Barcid Dynasty. I will personally send an army through Alps for this one. Can't wait!

Thinking ahead here after that Carthage I'll play the original 8 factions (DLC is just too much "Greekness" to handle but I will play them eventually)

Then the last faction I will play is Rome. hopefully by then some patches are released ironing out any exploitable bugs etc. . This should make my Rome campaign more savoury!

I'll still play Rome in multiplayer to quench my thirst for playing the Romans in battle! For Elysium!!!!

"Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale."
AuthorReplies:
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 20 August 2013 19:19 EDT (US)     1 / 9       
I am not sure. I am thinking Rome by the mere fact that they are the most familar. Then i am thinking Athens of something.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 21 August 2013 02:40 EDT (US)     2 / 9       
Good topic, only 2 weeks now!

I'll be playing the game from 6pm until as late as I can hack it, then I've got the next two days off to indulge too.

First I'll get on with the Tutorial campaign and check out some faction rosters in the custom battles. My first campaign will be as Rome, because it only feels right to get into the swing of things. After that I'm not sure any more, both Pontus and Epirus really intrigue me, as do Parthia and Iceni.

I think I'll do a greek faction then a barbarian though, just to get a mix of different culture. Then switch over to the east for a Parthia or hopefully Bactria (DLC)

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 21 August 2013 04:38 EDT (US)     3 / 9       
Not sure at the moment, especially if I decide to AAR my very first campaign. Since the vast majority of people appear to be committing to the Roman Republic for their first playthrough I might do something different. I might look at each faction's unit roster to decide which faction appeals to me most off the bat.
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 21 August 2013 04:52 EDT (US)     4 / 9       
I don't think I'll AAR my first campaign, but I definitely want to try my hand at one again. On release we need the TWH classic "Whats going on in your campaign?" thread so we can all tell tales and post pics of our shenanigans

Undoubtedly though there'll be swamps of Roman, Carthaginian and Macedonian AARs.

A f t y

A A R S

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 21 August 2013 07:10 EDT (US)     5 / 9       
Rome, and yes, I agree. A "screenshot thread" would also be welcome

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 21 August 2013 15:28 EDT (US)     6 / 9       
I'm going to play Rome as the Cornelii and get busy with conquering Southern Gaul, Iberia and Sicily for the Republic. Not sure whether I'm going to keep it as a republic or transform it into a dynastic empire.

I won't make an AAR for this campaign, but I will do a pseudo-AAR for my second one with Epirus since I'm going to use my opening moves in the first few turns as a basis for the "Early Epirus Campaign Guide" I'm going to work on.

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Cherub of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
Scenter102
Legionary
posted 21 August 2013 19:47 EDT (US)     7 / 9       
I'm going to play the Germans first, and then do the SPQR. I may do an AAR on the Germans(I actually may stream it on Twitch depending on whether or not I finish learning the ropes of Twitch by then).

1 week 5 days and 17 hours.

If I may add to the question stated by OP, what's your plan for your campaign?

I will probably ally with Rome and build up a large navy and attack the Greek trade cities and turn them into trade hubs. Then I'll expand my northern provinces into Gaul and Britain and hit Egypt with my raiders and take the Nile Trade Routes.

[This message has been edited by Scenter102 (edited 08-21-2013 @ 09:03 PM).]

Lenardius VII
Legionary
posted 21 August 2013 22:33 EDT (US)     8 / 9       
If I may add to the question stated by OP, what's your plan for your campaign?
First of all. I will try and get as much African territory as I can but leaving Egypt alone (hopefully they don't attack me). This no doubt has to be the foundation for good stream of income.

At the same time I will try and hold/capture the islands (Corsica, Sardinia, Malta etc) and probably wait for Rome and to capture Syracuse which I'll immediately capture the city while Rome is weak and the defences are down.

I'll have to plan for a strong navy in southern Italy which will always be in parallel with an army on any coast to have the numerical advantage when i fight the battles.

Depending if Rome does not have navy that can stop me I'll land near Rome and take it. if Rome too strong, then its time to tough it out through the Alps BARCA style!!!

"Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale."

[This message has been edited by Lenardius VII (edited 08-26-2013 @ 01:01 AM).]

Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 27 August 2013 06:26 EDT (US)     9 / 9       
Sounds like a good plan. You'll have to watch out for Egyptian aggression on your vassal along the African coast, that might force you into a war with them regardless of your intentions. I wonder if you sign a non-aggression pact with a faction that'll prevent them from attacking your clients too.

My first campaign will be Rome. Priority 1 will be to remove the Etruscans from the peninsula entirely, then focus on Sicily. Next it will be on to Iberia and Carthage itself. Maybe try to solidify an alliance with whatever power emerges on top in Greece. Then late game over to the middle east to take on whoever has climbed to the top over there, hopefully with assistance from my Greek friends.

Haven't decided on who I'll play as next, one of the Greeks I think.

A f t y

A A R S

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames