You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome II Total War Intro Forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.27 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome II Total War Intro Forum » Total War: ROME II Preload Starts Today, Activation Times Announced for Release Day
Bottom
Topic Subject:Total War: ROME II Preload Starts Today, Activation Times Announced for Release Day
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 28 August 2013 10:36 EDT (US)         
Official news regarding the big release day next week. Let's get ready to preloooooooooooaaaaaddd!!!
Hello Guys,

Just to let you all know CA today announced the Activation Time for ROME II on its release day next week as a single worldwide unlock time of zero hours US Pacific Time on the 3rd Sept, equivalent of 00:00 PDT / 03:00 EDT / 08:00 BST / 09:00 CET / 17:00 AEST.

From that point game activation will be live and Total War: ROME II will be playable.

Digital customers can begin preloading via Steam from 10:00 PDT / 18:00 BST today (28th Aug) in order to be as ready as possible to begin their conquest of the ancient world on launch day, with only the day one content patch including Pontus, an additional playable faction, needing to be downloaded once the game is live.

Please note that ROME II will be region-locked in some territories, if you are buying a copy from overseas please check with your retailer if you will be able to activate it your home country. Further details on the regions this effects are here: http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War...l_Restrictions

Total War: ROME II Launches next week on the 3rd September.

Exciting stuff, go and get your pre-load on
In addition to this incredible news, here's a new pic from the Total War FB showing off one of the units (I'm thinking Sparabara or levy spearmen) of Pontus!

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Cherub of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums

[This message has been edited by DominicusUltimus (edited 08-28-2013 @ 10:52 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 28 August 2013 11:36 EDT (US)     1 / 27       
Great news. I did actually cancel my physical copy Pre Order and get it on Steam eventually. My internet is less than impressive, so the Pre-Load so far in advance is a huge help

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 28 August 2013 12:48 EDT (US)     2 / 27       
Surprisingly small pre-load download for a game with a 30gb space requirement, clocking at just under 10gigs (9.9gb to be exact). Not that I am complaining less time needed to pre-load the game. Though still going to be hampered by the Day-0, aka Release Day, patch... cause you know those Steam servers are going to take one hell of a beating from the traffic of people updating and wanting to play Rome II.
Thompsoncs
Legionary
posted 28 August 2013 14:22 EDT (US)     3 / 27       
I cant really use this advantage. My new computer will be delivered the 2nd of september. But perhaps I can get it to work just in time to start the preload before the actual release.

If I checked it correctly it will release on 8 am GMT+1 on the 3rd of september?
Scenter102
Legionary
posted 28 August 2013 15:03 EDT (US)     4 / 27       
Well, I won't really have to worry about the update time because PDT happens to sync up to the time I go to school in the morning.
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 28 August 2013 16:21 EDT (US)     5 / 27       
17:00 AEST
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! YES! That mean i can play it straight after school! Great work CA!

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Scenter102
Legionary
posted 28 August 2013 19:01 EDT (US)     6 / 27       
After you update.
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 28 August 2013 19:10 EDT (US)     7 / 27       
I will have an hour to install and update. MWHAHAHA..
So in all hope i should be playing on time, or a few minutes late. Be warned- i will create a threat and update it as i play the tutorial/ start a game. I think i will be having a marathon!

History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Lenardius VII
Legionary
posted 28 August 2013 20:51 EDT (US)     8 / 27       
Cannot wait!

even though I have fast internet. I still always prefer to buy the media and I know it'll still download updates.

"Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale."
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 29 August 2013 03:14 EDT (US)     9 / 27       
I can't actually preload yet, at least not until Saturday/Sunday earliest because I'm waiting for my new OS and other PC components. My current Hard Drive will need formating so no sense in loading Rome II yet

I'll be up and raring to go from 8am on Tuesday. I'm free all day until the evening, then have the Weds and Thurs off work too so I can get my grubby mits all over it.

A f t y

A A R S

Jetkill Fastmurder
Legionary
(id: Mayank Sharma)
posted 29 August 2013 05:13 EDT (US)     10 / 27       
My download cap has been used up, so I can't really start the game before my cycle renews on 8th of September, even though I have ordered a physical copy.

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor" - Alexis Carrel
Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Census II
Scenter102
Legionary
posted 30 August 2013 05:21 EDT (US)     11 / 27       
That sucks.
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 30 August 2013 05:31 EDT (US)     12 / 27       
Poor forward planning on your part I have to say

A f t y

A A R S

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 30 August 2013 06:35 EDT (US)     13 / 27       
My copy is dispatched, should arrive before activation date. Huzzah!

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 30 August 2013 06:35 EDT (US)     14 / 27       
Where'd you order from? Zavvi?

A f t y

A A R S

Punic Hebil
Centurion
(id: Punic Hoplite)
posted 30 August 2013 07:07 EDT (US)     15 / 27       
Thank the Gods Dubai has amazing wifi and within an hour I've downloaded 94% of it All I'll have to do is come to this spot again on the 3rd and I'll be set!

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
Ischenous
Legionary
posted 30 August 2013 08:58 EDT (US)     16 / 27       
I wasen't that excited for the game but literally the day before this announcement I Pre-ordered an now its pre-loaded I'm now feeling pretty excited for it.

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 30 August 2013 09:12 EDT (US)     17 / 27       
Where'd you order from? Zavvi?
Yep.
Thank the Gods Dubai has amazing wifi
Oh, nice. And you were worried you wouldn't be able to play it

Junya
Legionary
posted 30 August 2013 13:19 EDT (US)     18 / 27       
Mine has been shipped as well (from Ozgames)
Exciting!

R[3vol]UTION
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 30 August 2013 16:32 EDT (US)     19 / 27       
Welcome to the party Ischy

A f t y

A A R S

Earl Scruffles
Legionary
(id: generalscruff)
posted 31 August 2013 10:28 EDT (US)     20 / 27       
I got an email from amazon telling me to expect it on Monday. IT'S HAPPENING.

But I won't go to England due to the prescence of scruffy in shottingham. - Scenter102
This is Scruff we are talking about. I can't think of anything I don't see Scruff doing just for the hell of it. - Agrippa 271
The cake was made by Scruffy and it was... a rude shape. - Liam
monkey in a suit on a cycle - Scenter102 describing Scruffy
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 02 September 2013 03:46 EDT (US)     21 / 27       
I spent yesterday building my new PC, then the evening left it be for Rome 2 to pre-load. Took about four hours but now I am totally at peace with work today, then seeing the female friend later before she loses all contact with me for the foreseeable future

This time in 24 hours I'll be well on my way to conquering a certain peninsula

A f t y

A A R S

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 02 September 2013 08:59 EDT (US)     22 / 27       
Mine's arrived

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 02 September 2013 21:23 EDT (US)     23 / 27       
Picking my copy up in 4 hours. I was disappointed to hear that the game cannot be installed from a physical copy before it is activated. i will be a hour- half hour behind everyone else now..

Also, they converted the times wrong. It is actually activated here at 1800 rather than 1700

[This message has been edited by Awesome Eagle (edited 09-02-2013 @ 09:35 PM).]

Waffentraeger
Legionary
(id: Daelon)
posted 02 September 2013 23:49 EDT (US)     24 / 27       
Hi everyone. I'm new here, but I'll be staying up till midnight for the release. Hopefully this is a good release. Have fun guys.
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 03 September 2013 01:58 EDT (US)     25 / 27       
Hey buddy

Good to see you again

A f t y

A A R S

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03 September 2013 02:40 EDT (US)     26 / 27       
Guys, can you remake it here?

Thompsoncs
Legionary
posted 03 September 2013 05:16 EDT (US)     27 / 27       
My new pc was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but was delayed 2 days. So, I'll have to avoid this forum for a few days.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames