You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome II Total War Intro Forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome II Total War Intro Forum » What is it about Rome 2 you're most anticipating?
Bottom
Topic Subject:What is it about Rome 2 you're most anticipating?
Aftermath
HG Alumnus
posted 02 September 2013 06:37 EDT (US)         
With less than a day to go, what is it you guys are most excited about?

For me, it's the scope and varying cultures. Not since Medieval 2 have we really had diverse armies with their own traits, quirks, strengths and weaknesses.

A f t y

A A R S

:: The Sun always rises in the East :: Flawless Crowns :: Dancing Days ::

"We kissed the Sun, and it smiled down upon us."
AuthorReplies:
Scenter102
Legionary
posted 02 September 2013 09:48 EDT (US)     1 / 11       
NTW was fairly diverse.

I am most looking forward to naval-land battles (dunno what they are formally called).
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 02 September 2013 10:17 EDT (US)     2 / 11       
I'm really looking forward to the new politics system (especially for the Romans and Carthaginians) and the revamped diplomacy. Still undecided as to whether I'll stay as a Republic or turn into an autocratic Empire when the civil war comes around.

I also can't wait to see all the different bodyguard unit choices for all the different factions.

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Cherub of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
Jetkill Fastmurder
Legionary
(id: Mayank Sharma)
posted 02 September 2013 11:26 EDT (US)     3 / 11       
Yeah the same revamped diplomacy system doesn't even let us trade regions. Almost all the reviews I read highlighted this, and the fact that the other factions as still as stubborn and stupid as ever in terms of diplomacy, like waging war then not following, starting war with 5 different nations at once etc.

"Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor" - Alexis Carrel
Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Census II

[This message has been edited by Jetkill Fastmurder (edited 09-02-2013 @ 11:31 AM).]

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 02 September 2013 11:45 EDT (US)     4 / 11       
Line of sight is one of the main steps forward in my opinion and the ambush system sounds quite fun. Fingers crossed on a return to full modability but I'm not confident enough to call it 'anticipated'
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 02 September 2013 12:23 EDT (US)     5 / 11       
The bloody site...

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 02 September 2013 12:29 EDT (US)     6 / 11       
Yeah the same revamped diplomacy system doesn't even let us trade regions. Almost all the reviews I read highlighted this, and the fact that the other factions as still as stubborn and stupid as ever in terms of diplomacy, like waging war then not following, starting war with 5 different nations at once etc.
I've read several of the reviews released today and I have yet to read about anyone criticizing the inability to trade regions. It's a feature that hasn't been available for quite some time and the chance of it making a return are pretty slim. I for one rarely used it in Rome 1 and Medieval 2 and though there have been some vocal fans asking CA to bring it back, they represent a very small minority of the Total War community.

As for the declaring of war, I have read anything about the AI declaring war on multiple factions unless they declare war on a faction that has several client states and satrapies under their command (like the Seleucids). That being said, I think the cause of multiple declarations of war has to do with the defending faction calling its allies to help them in their war (as you could in Shogun 2) instead of the attacking faction declaring war on several at the same time.

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Cherub of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 02 September 2013 12:34 EDT (US)     7 / 11       
What the man above said. We have worked bloody hard on that thing.

[This message has been edited by Scipii (edited 09-02-2013 @ 12:58 PM).]

WarheroAgiados
Legionary
posted 02 September 2013 12:34 EDT (US)     8 / 11       
I really like the fact we can now aim and shoot with artillery from 3rd person view.
Lenardius VII
Legionary
posted 02 September 2013 17:26 EDT (US)     9 / 11       
BATTLE!!!!!

"Maybe someday we could become friends. Friends who ride majestic, translucent steeds, shooting flaming arrows across the bridge of Hemdale."
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 02 September 2013 21:03 EDT (US)     10 / 11       
SOOOOO many things. I am looking forward to seeing new units, the new buildings available. Some combined sea-land battles would be awesome. I want to take little powers and make them major nations- Such as Athens. Athens begins as a protectorate of Macedon (if memory serves). I would love for it to conquer new regions, become powerful, throw off the shackles of bondage and proclaim a empire. It will be epic.

6 HOURS!!!!

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03 September 2013 02:40 EDT (US)     11 / 11       
Guys, can you remake it here?

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames