You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modification & Editor Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Game Modification & Editor Discussion » Announcing Norse Vikings for RTW 1,5
Bottom
Topic Subject:Announcing Norse Vikings for RTW 1,5
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 14 April 2008 13:33 EDT (US)         
Hail, fellow warlords! Art thou tired of leading the men of the Dark Forests into glorious melee, only to have thy brave warriors murdered from afar by flying toothpicks? Does thou wish for hardy warriors to supplement thy warhosts, men who wear shirts of iron and charge into melee following their thrown axes as we did so long ago? Well, seek no further, noble warlords!

Welcome to our wizardry to allow thee to call forth Norse Vikings to thy warhosts.

These hardy warriors are especially useful for those wishing to command the warhosts of the Dark Forests. They wear coats of metal as do the swordsmen of other dwellers in wooden houses, and wield the axe of the Northern Forests. This axe may also be hurled against a foe, giving these warriors the ability to kill from afar and follow up with honorable melee.

Their impressive appearance is guaranteed to make dwellers in stone houses soil their undergarments, as they are giants from afar who come to slay and die in battle, for only the best are chosen by Odin’s handmaidens for life eternal in Valhalla.

They are not numerous, for the frozen north is not suited to a large population, and to call them to thy ranks requires great wealth and large ports to which they flock. But in battle they are more than worth the sacks of yellow metal they ask.

We are very proud to present this scroll- the Norse Vikings! Merely have thy hairless rodent chew upon these runes to lead thee to where the scroll is sequestered.

Tis common for us to use the Royal ‘We’ when writing, but in this scroll the ‘we’ refers in fact to two warlords, for two of us have pooled our thoughts and efforts into bringing thee these wonderful warriors. These Vikings began as a brainchild of the warlord Terikel Grayhair who had a desire for armored swordsmen for the People of the Dark Forest, but they were brought to life in our Virtual World by the hard work and dedication of the The Queen of the Ocean of Grass, the talented Lady SubRosa. Thus this scroll and the contents within are the result of a wonderful collaboration.

Luck and Fair Winds,

Terikel Grayhair of the Dark Forests
SubRosa of the Windswept Plains

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
AuthorReplies:
Ischenous
Legionary
posted 14 April 2008 13:45 EDT (US)     1 / 9       
Seems intresting, might get it.

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 14 April 2008 20:08 EDT (US)     2 / 9       
Me too!

How about some pics of the Vikings in action, o' Oratorius One?

[This message has been edited by SubRosa (edited 04-14-2008 @ 08:12 PM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 15 April 2008 13:01 EDT (US)     3 / 9       
We are much better with words than art, but no soul of such a creative nature can withstand the challenge of creating visual representations. Thus here is an attempt to create paintings of our Vikings in action:

Formed and awaiting the enemy

Give a barrage of axes, Vikings!

Chasing cowards

Charge!!

Passing the mountains of dead

Here we come- prepare to soil thy trousers!

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Ischenous
Legionary
posted 15 April 2008 13:19 EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Now they look good, I guess you did them yourself. I will get them when I find the time to add them and not mess the game up.

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 15 April 2008 14:38 EDT (US)     5 / 9       
We would gladly wish to take such credit for the wondrous images, but we cannot. The artwork, and indeed heavy burden of finding the faults in our coding and correcting it, as well as the sorcery by which the throwing axe was brought into our Virtual World, was performed by the talented Lady SubRosa. To her goes the lion's share of the accolades. Our part, the inspiration and runes enabling them to live, is miniscule in comparison.

Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 15 April 2008 16:06 EDT (US)     6 / 9       
Great work both of ye. I notice there's no news item on the front page and I presume that SubRosa's modesty is to blame.
I will fix that now.

I also removed the rude comment in the downloads section.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

SubRosa
Legionary
posted 15 April 2008 20:21 EDT (US)     7 / 9       
I notice there's no news item on the front page and I presume that SubRosa's modesty is to blame.
Actually I was waiting for Foamy to sort out moving the Vikings from the Miscellaneous section to the Modpacks section before making a news item linking to it.

[This message has been edited by SubRosa (edited 04-15-2008 @ 08:21 PM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 16 April 2008 03:45 EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Awww...

The poor fool spent all of 10 seconds of his life constructing a query to beg us for an explanation of the sorcery in a language he could understand.

And now our reply, which was quite appropriate (and mirth-bringing), is no longer valid, as his query has been banished to the netherworlds.

Drat!

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 20 April 2008 10:42 EDT (US)     9 / 9       
Hail, fellow warlords!

We are proud to announce that the Vikings have now been granted a home in the Chamber of Modpacks, within the Vault of Downloads.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames