You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Game Modification & Editor Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.122 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Game Modification & Editor Discussion » Rise of Etruria 0.1 Beta Released
Bottom
Topic Subject:Rise of Etruria 0.1 Beta Released
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
Primo
Legionary
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 27 April 2008 08:04 EDT (US)         
Rise of Etruria 0.1 Beta Released

This mod adds the Etruscans to the vanilla campaign game. It also merges the Romans into one faction and makes some other small changes as well.

So without further ado, the mod:

The Etruscans

The Etruscans were once the dominant faction on Italy, but since the Romans grew to power the Etruscans were absorbed into the empire, and Loyalists fled to nearby Corsica.

Now it is time for the Etruscan peoples to fight back. Etruria is already under Etruscan control and with the Romans reeling from the recent blow, the Etruscans are already looking south to Rome...

The Etruscan territories:

Etruscan Noble Cavalry:

More screenies:

With the promise that the tyrannical rule of Rome would be overthrown, the Gauls have sent many of their best cavalrymen to aid the Etruscans in their plight. With the recapture of Etruria, the Gauls have also sent some of their best hunters, in an effort to aid the Etruscan war machine...

While far away from Gaul, in the Greek province of Laconia, the world's best warriors board ship, and set sail for the island of Corsica. With an Etruscan/Greek alliance firmly in place, and the Gauls merrily supporting their cause, all looks set for the Etruscans to take back what is rightfully theirs...

Thanks to:
SubRosa, for her continued support and assistance during the making of this mod.
SrJamesTyrrel, for his gift unit and help.
EoJ, for his support and generally being a nice guy.
misplacedgeneral, or misplacedpope, for historical information on the Etruscans.
PrivateClark, for his contributions and help on various units and UI cards.
King Louise Assurbanipal, for his amazing unit skins for Greek, Roman and Gallic units.
The Modding Legions team, for letting me use their amazing Roman skins.
Arkrai, for his Unified Rome mod which formed the base of this mod.
TotalWarFanatic for his Spartan Hoplite skin.
And anyone else I've forgotten.

This mod uses mod-switch so it will not affect your original game files.

Download here:
http://files.filefront.com/etruscansrar/;11680958;/fileinfo.html
You will need winrar to open it.
http://www.download.com/WinRAR/3000-2250_4-10007677.html

Changelog:

0.1 - Initial Release

0.11 - Fixed CTD caused by Roman artillery.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460

[This message has been edited by Primo (edited 09-21-2008 @ 05:01 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Lord Ahm
Legionary
posted 27 April 2008 08:18 EDT (US)     1 / 122       
Etruscan mod, finally! Looking forward to this, I'll check it out when I have more time. Good going.

Ahm Heribeus
Is a suits murmur
PrivateClark
Legionary
posted 27 April 2008 12:13 EDT (US)     2 / 122       
hopefully il have the Unit cards done by tonight, ive already done the hoplites :

[This message has been edited by PrivateClark (edited 04-27-2008 @ 12:14 PM).]

Primo
Legionary
posted 27 April 2008 13:08 EDT (US)     3 / 122       
Ah yes, I forgot about Clark, Clark's doing some unit cards for me.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 27 April 2008 13:45 EDT (US)     4 / 122       
I like the alternate history idea with the Etruscans making a comeback. The hoplite unit card is fantastic!
PrivateClark
Legionary
posted 27 April 2008 14:13 EDT (US)     5 / 122       
I like the alternate history idea with the Etruscans making a comeback. The hoplite unit card is fantastic!
thanks
PrivateClark
Legionary
posted 27 April 2008 15:42 EDT (US)     6 / 122       
HereticPope
Legionary
posted 27 April 2008 22:39 EDT (US)     7 / 122       
Hmm! I might even start up the Ol' RTW Disc once I get this mod!
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 27 April 2008 23:27 EDT (US)     8 / 122       
The cards look very good Private Clark. Are you doing them as scenes in 3ds Max? That is one thing I have not quite gotten the hang of yet.

One thing though. The horse looks gigantic next to the Noble Cavalryman.
Primo
Legionary
posted 28 April 2008 05:55 EDT (US)     9 / 122       
I assume they're the actual sizes.

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 28 April 2008 11:09 EDT (US)     10 / 122       
Sub, Horses are generally that big.

Awesome stuff, it seems a fair bit of work is going into this

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 28 April 2008 11:34 EDT (US)     11 / 122       
If you look at the smaller card the horse and man seem to have different proportions. The reason I asked if they were done in 3dsMax is that it has a known issue with showing horses as being proportioned too large for the riders. You have to scale them down (I do now know how) to get them right.
Primo
Legionary
posted 28 April 2008 13:08 EDT (US)     12 / 122       
Final Etruscan Troop Tree:

Infantry:
Etruscan Militia
Hoplites
Armoured Hoplites
Gallic Swordsmen

Missile:
Peltasts
Heavy Peltasts

Cavalry:
Militia Cavalry
Greek Cavalry
Gallic Noble Cavalry

Artillery:
Ballistas
Onagers

This is the final troop tree for the first version, though if I release other versions, more will undoubtedly be added.

HereticPope
Legionary
posted 28 April 2008 15:21 EDT (US)     13 / 122       
Missile:
Peltasts
Heavy Peltasts
Oooh...looks like I'll be sending recruiters to Greece every few turns to get some actual Missle units, but peltasts will help a lot once you move in to Greece later...bah, I still want actual Archers! (Genoese Crossbows maybeh?! Too much M2TW :P._)

EDIT: The banner reminds me a LOT of the Scipii banner, hmm...... :P

[This message has been edited by HereticPope (edited 04-28-2008 @ 03:22 PM).]

Ischenous
Legionary
posted 28 April 2008 15:30 EDT (US)     14 / 122       
It is the Scipii flag. What will the Brutii be then?

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
HereticPope
Legionary
posted 28 April 2008 15:47 EDT (US)     15 / 122       
It is the Scipii flag. What will the Brutii be then?
[/quote

Do you mean what will the Scipii be then? Or are we simply replacing the Scipii all together?
Ischenous
Legionary
posted 28 April 2008 15:55 EDT (US)     16 / 122       
If he's using the unified rome mod and the picure shows the Jullii as the Romans then what are the Brutii?

Calling all new people. USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION before asking a question. Thank you.
Alert the APOCOLYPSE is coming!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM(Itcame)
"TWH Guild Award (Best Duo/Trio) -Ischenous/IJ"- Tryhard. Why he chose that nomination, I don't know...
HereticPope
Legionary
posted 28 April 2008 16:12 EDT (US)     17 / 122       
Primo
Legionary
posted 28 April 2008 17:47 EDT (US)     18 / 122       
I did originally base the Etruscans on the Brutii, but I felt the blue and Scipii wolf would fit better. At the moment, the Brutii are non-existent.

HereticPope
Legionary
posted 28 April 2008 18:39 EDT (US)     19 / 122       
I'm still expecting Genoese Crossbowmen! Alternate history already, you can alter it a little more

But I'd like at least Peasant Archers, as having only Skirmishers against the Romans doesn't make me too happy...
(Then again, Heavy Peltasts + Hoplites + Good swordsmen + Good Cavalry, what else can I ask for really?)
Primo
Legionary
posted 28 April 2008 19:08 EDT (US)     20 / 122       
There will be mercenary archers available around Italy if you're really desperate.

HereticPope
Legionary
posted 28 April 2008 19:49 EDT (US)     21 / 122       
FINE! I just won't download it then!

(I still probably will...but put Cretians in Italy then! Haha, kinda out of place...)
PrivateClark
Legionary
posted 28 April 2008 20:35 EDT (US)     22 / 122       
The cards look very good Private Clark. Are you doing them as scenes in 3ds Max? That is one thing I have not quite gotten the hang of yet.

One thing though. The horse looks gigantic next to the Noble Cavalryman.
Yeah, i make em in 3dsmax and they are the actual model sizes, the horse and soldier model are proportionaly scaled up to fit in the scene, and i didnt scale him down at all for the smaller unit card, i guess the horse looks smaller when hes mounted.

Anyway, it only takes me about 10-15 minutes per unit for unitcards.
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 28 April 2008 20:42 EDT (US)     23 / 122       
CaesarVincens
Legionary
posted 28 April 2008 21:02 EDT (US)     24 / 122       
For the Brutii, maybe, sometime in the future, you could add either Epirus or Syracuse, another two good alternate history civs.

Veni, Vidi, well... you know.

Extended Cultures, A modification of RTW.

Si hoc legere posses, Latinam linguam scis.
ɪf ju kŠn ɹid ­ɪs, ju noʊ liŋgwɪstɪks.
PrivateClark
Legionary
posted 29 April 2008 21:31 EDT (US)     25 / 122       
Ever think of writing an article for the site on how to make the scenes in 3ds Max?
Havent much thought about it, il give it a go when school ends, which is in about a month.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames