Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Chosen Falxmen
Bottom
Topic Subject:Chosen Falxmen
Blackbeard1718
Legionary
posted 15 June 2014 08:42 EDT (US)         
So I've been wanting to make Chosen Falxmen for Dacia and all the other factions that have regular falxmen. Basically I want to take the body/skin of a chosen Swordsmen and give it a falx instead of a sword and buff up its stats. But im not entirely sure on what files to edit and how to edit them. Please help !!!!
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 15 June 2014 08:53 EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Welcome Blackbeard!

Have you tried reading this article by SubRosa?

It tells you which files you will need to edit (ensure you make a back-up copy first!) and even which programs you will need to use.

Enjoy!

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Blackbeard1718
Legionary
posted 15 June 2014 09:23 EDT (US)     2 / 3       
I have checked the article out but im still not entirely sure on how to give the model/skin the falx. I know how to edit export_descr _unit.txt as i have edited other units and i know how to do most everything else but i don't know where in the process you give the unit the falx. What file do you edit to do that. Do you do it in export_descr_unit.txt or... Thank you

Edit: i have made the new unit but it is just a regular chosen swordsmen i dont know how to take the sword and shield away and give it a falx please help!!

[This message has been edited by Blackbeard1718 (edited 06-15-2014 @ 11:22 AM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 15 June 2014 12:29 EDT (US)     3 / 3       
That would be in the model/skin section of the article. I think you will need to make a copy of the current models and skins used, then edit the copies in 3DS Max or similar.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames