You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Surnames children of bribed Generals
Bottom
Topic Subject:Surnames children of bribed Generals
Lubman
Legionary
posted 25 June 2014 17:10 EDT (US)         
Maybe its a little too late to be posting this but ive been looking a way to make sure my brided general's children would have the same last name as their father.

The only topic, ive found anyway, is the link below:

http://rtw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=1&tn=8093&st=recent

In this topic is being described how the "Surnames", for example the macedonians, can be pasted within the part of the greek "Surnames" within the file: descr_ names.txt.

After testing the results, they have come to the conclusion that it wont work...

Now ive been adding, besides all the Surnames of the roman families, all the Character names of the characters within the Roman familiy tree's, as described in the file: descr_strat, under the faction: greek_cities, ''characters'' and tested the result...

As you can see, my new born son of the bribed roman general has the same last name as his father

So to make this happen: add the Character names and the Surname of your bribed generals to your faction withing the descr_ names.txt file in the ''data'' folder.

For the greek, in particular, ive added the Surnames of the Roman families to the following sections:

;;of Town/City in Greek areas

;;of Sicily

;;;of Greek Region

This to make sure that it doesnt matter where my bribed roman generals come from / are bribed (i'm not really sure how it works), and still carry his father's name.

Hope this will help (and work for anybody else as well)...

Ps: sry for bad english, I'm better with math
AuthorReplies:
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 25 June 2014 20:24 EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Welcome to our forums Lubman! It's certainly not too late to put up new information about the game.

This is an interesting result, although to be expected. However, I can foresee one potential issue with the way in which you carried out the modification; when you get husbands or men of the hour, there's a reasonable chance they'll have one of the Roman or other names you added to the Greeks' list. Certainly not a game-breaking problem, but it could produce some interesting results

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 26 June 2014 11:53 EDT (US)     2 / 4       
Cool!

And welcome to our happy halls!

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
AiDok
Legionary
posted 18 May 2017 11:31 EDT (US)     3 / 4       
1)Did he done the editing before the campaign started.

2)I'm confused of his bribed general.the Bribe general should be the one Linked to the family Line not the Generals Wife.How does it happened that bribed general married one of your princesses.

3) What's the mechanism of marriage of Bribed and adopted gerneal? Its been awhile I bribed a general but I just adopted a son earlier and the adopted son married other girl not one of your princesses.

----------END----------

[This message has been edited by AiDok (edited 05-18-2017 @ 11:37 AM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 19 May 2017 08:05 EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Bribed generals are brought into the family and often married to an unmarried female, effectively adopting the guy through marriage.

I could be wrong, but your screenshots seem to support that idea.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames