You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.61 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » M2TWH Hotseat (2)
Bottom
Topic Subject:M2TWH Hotseat (2)
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 02 February 2013 14:24 EDT (US)         

M2TWH Hotseat(2)

Game running (but new players welcome)
Current position: Turn 17 - Spain - EOJ - 18 June

Ranking charts:
Turn 13

Paypal standing - Turn 10

Players:
Wales (Kilij)
Milan (Selifator)
Spain (EoJ)
Denmark (ZSmart)
Hungary (SwampRat)
Kingdom of Jerusalem (LooseCannon)

Following the completion of HotseatA - let's have another game

Rather than Retrofit, this time we plan to use the Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod (KGCM) - it's a bit of a long-winded install (three files if I recall correctly) but should be interesting.

We'll use admin mode so that players can drop in and out easily and to allow us to skip turns if there's a long wait with no sub arranged - that would really have helped on HotseatA.

As for rules, the same all encompassing "don't cheat or exploit" applies as for HotseatA. The obvious parts of that are:
don't rerun your turn or parts of it to get a better result
don't crush agents with armies
don't park merchants in a fort over a resource
don't have a crusading general with no army at sea as a free-upkeep super-fleet
crusaders/jihadist should intend to go to the crusade target (visiting other places en-route is fine)

but broadly anything that feels like it shouldn't work isn't good.

Any thoughts on playing battles and difficulty settings? I'm up for M/M and autoresolve again but open to suggestions.
Autoresolve any battles against other human factions (and any battles with allied human armies unless permission is granted). M/VH difficulty settings to give more challenge in battles but not bias autoresolve (hopefully).

In terms of timing, if there's no word from a player for 5 days the turn gets played by the AI - the limit doesn't apply if you respond to email or have said in advance you need extra time. It would be good to arrange a sub if there'll be an extended absence though as the game could lose momentum

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 06-21-2013 @ 02:21 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 12 May 2013 07:57 EDT (US)     51 / 61       
I'm going to be out of the country for a few days, it shouldn't cause much of a hold-up (a few days tops) or mean I can't access emails etc
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 12 May 2013 09:59 EDT (US)     52 / 61       
Exams have held me up, getting it done tonight.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 12 May 2013 12:24 EDT (US)     53 / 61       
heh, I should pay better attention to whose turn it is...
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 13 May 2013 13:12 EDT (US)     54 / 61       
Sent off, apologies for delay

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 13 May 2013 13:23 EDT (US)     55 / 61       
If we can keep up with having our longest delay being 4 days we'll have a much better average speed than hotseatA ended up with

I trust the exams went ok
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 21 June 2013 14:20 EDT (US)     56 / 61       
EoJ is temporarily indisposed - does anyone fancy a turn as sub for Spain

As in substitute you dirty people
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 22 June 2013 03:05 EDT (US)     57 / 61       
Yes, sorry. I thought I'd have time Friday but alas I ended up with not one but two job interviews.

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 22 June 2013 11:29 EDT (US)     58 / 61       
Are you planning on using your degree for the line of work you're applying for - or is this for a summer / intern position?
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 27 June 2013 04:45 EDT (US)     59 / 61       
Stick it on AI for a turn, can't hurt.

The line of work for the summer is helping a department at uni submit their research off to the central grading authority, the REF, that'll then look at the quality of research at every uni and dish out money accordingly. Should be interesting- I even used TWH in my interview.

LooseCannon1
Legionary
posted 13 July 2013 08:11 EDT (US)     60 / 61       
The garrison of Alexandria moved out into the desert to engage the army led by Jasper Werner at the city's port. Thinking that numbers alone would be enough they did not realize Werner had the support of Leeroy Jenkins leaving them broken and the city ripe for an assault.
Selifator
Legionary
posted 19 July 2013 08:32 EDT (US)     61 / 61       
Hey guys, I've decided to quit the hotseat due to a lack of interest on my part, other games have hooked me firmly away from TW. Hope you'll have fun in the game and may the most brilliant scheming madman win.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames