You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » How to play Medieval 2 total war online?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How to play Medieval 2 total war online?
Khalidbinwalid
Legionary
posted 17 October 2013 23:23 EDT (US)         
I just bought Medieval 2 total war on Steam yesterday and I don't know how to play Medieval 2 total war online without the GamespyID code thing? I searched this question online for hours last night and I couldn't find a solution....Any help on how I could get a GamespyID?...

"When I am in the battlefield, I love it more then when I am in my house"-Khalid Bin Walid
Questions, Questions, you always ask questions-Teacher
Why sir, questions are the basis of human intelligence-me
AuthorReplies:
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 18 October 2013 00:18 EDT (US)     1 / 5       
You can't do it without a gamespyid - however you can get one of those without needing to do too much, just visit www.gamespyid.com and fill out the form.

You don't need to down gamespy arcade (if that still exists) or sign up for email updates etc unless you want to
Khalidbinwalid
Legionary
posted 18 October 2013 22:23 EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Yes but the Site doesn't work......

"When I am in the battlefield, I love it more then when I am in my house"-Khalid Bin Walid
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 19 October 2013 01:38 EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Oh, that's odd it loaded for me when I tried to check it

There was a warning about it being not properly authenticated, which I ignored - maybe that's what's stopping you.
login.gamespyid.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate expired on 08/08/2013 00:59. The current time is 19/10/2013 07:32.
If you don't have the option to ignore that I'd be happy to setup a login and email you the details (also assuming you'd be happy for me to make up most of the personal info they want)
Khalidbinwalid
Legionary
posted 19 October 2013 02:12 EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Oh wow I didn't realize you could continue.....I got it in and now I'm having something called 'Nat negotiation' problems...What now?

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 19 October 2013 07:45 EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Nat negotiation being in M2TW when you try to connect?

Reliability online was one of the weakest parts of M2TW unfortunately, I don't know of any particular tricks to improve things - so just keep trying. Lots of rude things have been said about gamespy.

It could be worth searching the forums in case anyone had any breakthroughs on connecting but as I say, can't recall anything.

I hope you manage to get on and have some good games to make all this worthwhile. Steam (or something else) can be quite handy to find people you know and ask them for a game - I'd be happy to try if I happen to be about, if I can remember passwords and connect etc, I haven't tried in a while.

edit: there are apparently some ports that, if you can, opening up might help http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/23618-NAT-NEGOTIATION-FAILED!!!-please-help

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 10-19-2013 @ 08:00 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames