Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Kingdoms Discussion » Third Age Crashes
Bottom
Topic Subject:Third Age Crashes
Homalocephale
Legionary
posted 04 February 2015 21:04 EDT (US)         
I try to launch Third Age but it will go to the loading screen and then crash. This started when I installed Divide and Conquer. I uninstalled Third Age completely then installed them again without DAC but the same thing happened, even though there wasn't DAC installed. I'll do lot's of things to get this fixed, please help!!!
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 06 February 2015 07:06 EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Check your registtry when you uninstall.

Make sure every bit and byte is gone.

Then re-install.

Sometimes a leftover piece of registry causes problems.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Homalocephale
Legionary
posted 06 February 2015 17:52 EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Would I just delete the files or stuff if I see any, or am I getting confused? Where do I find that?
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 07 February 2015 06:15 EDT (US)     3 / 5       
If you uninstall and that is the only Total War game on your computer, you can track down Medieval II, Total War, Creative Assembly items in your registry. Sometimes one or two escape the uninstall. This finds them. Delete them.

Then try to re-install. This should be a clean install (no leftovers to screw up the mix) and therefore should work.

If it does not, try the Tech Help section. Sorry.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 09 February 2015 14:33 EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Does the rest of Kingdoms work, for example for any other mod or one of the main Kingdoms campaigns?

I was just wondering if reinstalling M2TW would get you there without having to mess with the registry. If you got the wrong folder with DAC then perhaps it took out a file it shouldn't have
Homalocephale
Legionary
posted 14 February 2015 10:36 EDT (US)     5 / 5       
I launched teutonic and britannia, did a couple battles, and it worked fine. Then I uninstalled third age again and went into the file. I deleted everything in the third age folder, then I installed it again and it still doesn't work.

[This message has been edited by Homalocephale (edited 02-14-2015 @ 11:46 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames