You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven)

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.39 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Empire: Total War (Archived-See Empire: Total War Heaven) » New Gameplay Movie of Naval Warfare
Bottom
Topic Subject:New Gameplay Movie of Naval Warfare
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Intrepid C I F
VIP
posted 13 August 2008 10:33 EDT (US)         
If you look around we have released a movie of gameplay footage of the naval battles for Empire.

Enjoy.

Edit by Gaius
You can also view the trailer here on our Youtube channel.

Intrepid C I F ~ C.A Staff

http://www.totalwar.com

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

[This message has been edited by Gaius Colinius (edited 08-19-2008 @ 06:06 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Bulba Khan
Legionary
(id: stormer)
posted 16 August 2008 18:24 EDT (US)     26 / 39       
I would love to see somebody do an AAR on ETW.

I feel the same way I did after playing Stronghold 2 for about 15 minutes, like it was my birthday and all my friends had wheeled a giant birthday cake into the room, and I was filled with hopes dreams and desires when suddenly out of the cake pops out not a beautiful buxom maid, but a cranky old hobo that just shanks me then takes $60 dollars out of my pocket and walks away saying "deal, with it".
impspy
Legionary
posted 16 August 2008 18:59 EDT (US)     27 / 39       
*picks up Computer and smashes it with a sledge hammer*

dang I need a new computer. I can just see ETW trying to run off my current one, it can barely play m2tw at the lowest settings.

"He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword..." Matt 26,52b
"Viva Christo Rey!" Miguel Pro, and numerous other Catholics who were martyred for their faith in Spain and Mexico in the early 20th century.
Winner of the 2008 TWH Seraph elections.
Unchallenged master of EAW Heaven
Ah, but for a return to Christendom, darn Reformation.
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 16 August 2008 19:58 EDT (US)     28 / 39       
Build it yourself and you can make a pretty darn good machine for $2000. In February I built the following for about $1700:

3.0 Ghz Intel Core2 Duo
motherboard (I forget make/model)
4 Gigs of DDR2 800 RAM
GeForce 8800 GT
SoundBlaster X-Fi soundcard
300 Gig HDD (10,000 RPMs)
standard DVD/CD drive
case & power supply
22 inch monitor
Windows Vista and Microsoft Office
That is one impressive box. Although I would not touch Vista with a 15 foot sarissa. I went to Alienware and built myself a box. It came out to 5k. So I think I will just build myself another box instead. If I need to.
Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 16 August 2008 19:59 EDT (US)     29 / 39       
Thanks for the link :/

I save everyone else by putting a link in my sig.

As-Salaam-Alaikum

[This message has been edited by Santos I (edited 08-16-2008 @ 08:10 PM).]

Smileyman007
Legionary
posted 17 August 2008 04:18 EDT (US)     30 / 39       
That is one impressive box.
Crysis on max settings brutalizes my machine, so it's not THAT great. But it's still my baby.
Although I would not touch Vista with a 15 foot sarissa.
I can understand that. I had similar feelings, but I wanted DirectX 10 and Media Center to sync up to my Xbox 360.

But I will say that my biggest beefs with Vista were fixed with SP1 (namely hangs when Windows boots, generally slow performance, and issues with wireless connectivity). Since I got SP1 it's been pretty great. Virtualization can be a pain, especially when M2TW's folders are spread out across Program Files and the Virtual Store...but it's not too bad.

Back on topic: Yeah, Empire looks cool. And by cool I mean totally sweet.

No, I'm not being sarcastic.
Wolfpanzee
Legionary
posted 17 August 2008 05:41 EDT (US)     31 / 39       
Although I would not touch Vista with a 15 foot sarissa.
Yes, I imagine that touching a computer with a sarissa would damage it, the end being pointy and all. Waste of money that is.

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his-George Patton
You can get a lot more with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone-Al Capone
Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo-H.G. Wells
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity-Karl Marx
Bulba Khan
Legionary
(id: stormer)
posted 17 August 2008 06:49 EDT (US)     32 / 39       
I thought a Sarissa was a 24-footer

I feel the same way I did after playing Stronghold 2 for about 15 minutes, like it was my birthday and all my friends had wheeled a giant birthday cake into the room, and I was filled with hopes dreams and desires when suddenly out of the cake pops out not a beautiful buxom maid, but a cranky old hobo that just shanks me then takes $60 dollars out of my pocket and walks away saying "deal, with it".
Ubernoober
Legionary
posted 17 August 2008 19:17 EDT (US)     33 / 39       
Anybody else spot the steam ship?

It is not enough that I succeed, but my enemies must fail.

I came, I saw, and was crushed.

Mongols? Time for a strategic retreat to the Atlantic.
Smileyman007
Legionary
posted 17 August 2008 21:55 EDT (US)     34 / 39       
Anybody else spot the steam ship?
Yep.

No, I'm not being sarcastic.
Gaius Colinius
Seraph Emeritus
posted 19 August 2008 17:57 EDT (US)     35 / 39       
I'm currently uploading this to our Youtube channel (with kind permission of CA) and will add the link to the OP when it is done.

-Love Gaius
TWH Seraph, TWH Grand Zinquisitor & Crazy Gaius the Banstick Kid

Got news regarding Total War games that should be publicised? Then email m2twnews@heavengames.com. My blog.
Nelson was the typical Englishman: hot-headed, impetuous, unreliable, passionate, emotional & boisterous. Wellington was the typical Irishman: cold, reserved, calculating, unsentimental & ruthless" - George Bernard Shaw
Vote for McCain...he's not dead just yet! - HP Lovesauce

Intrepid C I F
VIP
posted 21 August 2008 10:12 EDT (US)     36 / 39       
Glad you enjoyed it guys. As it says at the beginning 4 more to come. Will keep you posted.

Now you might get an idea of how I felt when I saw the naval battles working for the first time.

Some of you will remember me saying this

"Naval battles...huh..huhhhurrr...mmmmm. Sorry got carried away."

http://rtw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=22,6600,,10

Intrepid C I F ~ C.A Staff

http://www.totalwar.com

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
SubRosa
Legionary
posted 21 August 2008 11:52 EDT (US)     37 / 39       
Enjoyed it is an understatement. Based on just the naval battles alone, I cannot wait to buy this game! When you throw in all the other Total War goodness, well, it is gamer paradise.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 21 August 2008 16:33 EDT (US)     38 / 39       
Bloody hell. CA's completly made a mockery of any bar a developer's put up there. Interesting music, too- I assume that's going to be a marching track in-game?

Will we get different music for land and sea, out of curiosity?

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Gallowglass
Legionary
posted 24 August 2008 18:08 EDT (US)     39 / 39       
little sigh and jumped off the desk...
Mine done cartwheels then ran around a hamster wheel in a hamster cage when I don't even have a hamster.

If we get to name our own ships, I won't know what to call mine. One for each clan...be an expensive fleet.
I hope, too, that naval tactics are very different from land ones. The Highland Charge at sea is not something I think I could pull off without...mixed success at best.

To put the description of that naval video into words:

A stalwart fleet of oak and rigging, wet mast, drenched sails, slicing the waters through the mists to the welcoming hand of watery oblivion.

------m------m------
(o o)
(~)

Monkey beats bunny. Please put Monkey in your signature to prevent the rise of bunny.
m0n|<3yz r 2 pwn n00b

[This message has been edited by Gallowglass (edited 08-24-2008 @ 06:12 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames