You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.29 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Let us help the guys at Creative...
Bottom
Topic Subject:Let us help the guys at Creative...
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Talamascah28
Legionary
posted 11 October 2005 04:34 EDT (US)         
Many of the forumers in here wondered what Creative Assembly is to make next time. One idea is to remake Medieval Total War with Rome's graphics. I agree upon that idea. But I have an idea too...

Musketeer Total War

Place: Europe, middle east and north africa.

Timeperiod: 1550-1820 give and take.

Factions: England, France, Prussia, Russia, Turkey, Denmark, Holland, Austria and such others.

Missions: Take a number of regions, with so and so of special required regions.

Generals: Can be recruited.

Agents: Diplomats, Spies, Assassins/saboteurs and the new one, Priests. This new agent can convert settlements to one's official religion.

Fleets: Sloops, frigates and ship-of-the-lines. Naval battles are auto-determined as before.

Artillery: 2 different pounds cannons and howitchers. With Grapeshots as special fire. Except howitchers, they can have explosive cannonballs. Best for sieging.

Units: Early, pikemen and simple riflemen, but with later opgrades, fusiliers and such. Divided into infantry, cavalry and artillery.

Buildings: Besides the obvious, such as barracks, foundries (for artillery) markets, roads, churches, governour houses, sanitation, universities, defensive walls and buildings of entertainments. But also new ones, such as Hospitals, which can limit the attrition in seiges, and the loss when plague hits.

Battles: As Rome. You can either auto-detemine, forfeit or go to the battleground.

Otherwise it will show many of the same aspects as in Rome, total war.
I know there's a game called Imperial Glory, but that sucks compared to Rome. I think it will be cool with Rome's engine and graphics.

Your thoughts. please.

AuthorReplies:
Bouchious
Legionary
posted 11 October 2005 10:25 EDT (US)     1 / 29       
preist are nothing new, they were in STW and MTW

Religion Is For People Who Do Not Understand Science
Tarquinius
Inactive
posted 11 October 2005 10:45 EDT (US)     2 / 29       
ooow nice id dude
Caelin
Legionary
posted 11 October 2005 13:19 EDT (US)     3 / 29       
Raidships would be nice. Like this:

1 raidship: raid a merchant ship, 150 gold or something
2 raidships: Can raid a fishing village (small port), 300 gold
3 raidships: Can raid a protected merchant fleet, 600 gold
4 raidships: Can raid a port, 1000 gold profits

Raidships would only be created by several faction, like England, Spain, Holland and France. In citys factions can buy merchants fleet (when having a port and market) wich Highers the profits in the settlement. The fleets move per turn (so not like in rome total war that the merchant ships are moving while playing) so that they can be raided. They are upgraded to protected merchant fleets to heavy armored merchant fleets.
Ports are getting extra defences per upgrade, so they can stop more merchant ships. When having vessels in the port, the port is harder to raid.

^^

And for the generals, my idea:

Nobles: family members, These controll settlements, and settlement titles (duke of ...) can be switched between them. If these nobles walk to far from their settlement, it causes unrest. Also, the noblewomen can be married to generals to adopt them in the family. Also, the noblewomen can come as a agent on the map, so they can walk through the lands. They can be married to foreign nobles too, for alliances (like the princesses of midievel total war).

Commanders: Non family members. These can be trained and requires an academy and barracks. Academy gives higher command rating to generals. Generals can also be created by a commander who wins multiple battles.

It would also be nice if there would be a loyalty screen or whatever. That the characters has opinions about other generals, and result into a better civil order if they are put together in a city, or unrest when they hate eachother. More personality would be nice. Also a general who is hated by many family members and the king would be easier to bribe than one respected.

Tarquinius
Inactive
posted 11 October 2005 14:09 EDT (US)     4 / 29       
I think it would be an awesome game (make holland powerfull, o please make holland powerfull) *droowls by the thougt
The Hellinator
Legionary
posted 14 October 2005 09:12 EDT (US)     5 / 29       
I want naval battles! (Like the ones in Pirates, only better).
KaiserWinterfeldt
Legionary
(id: Night_Raider)
posted 14 October 2005 10:02 EDT (US)     6 / 29       

Quote:

Priests. This new agent can convert settlements to one's official religion.

a) that's a diplomats job and b) AFAIK, the nations that would be involved during this time period were all predominatly Christian. There would be no other religion to convert from, unless you integrated the factions of Christiantiy, which would be so close that it would useless anyway.

(¯`•._.•[ .:^:. ]•._.•´¯)
¨‘°ºO.:.Oº°‘¨
KaiserWinterfeldt ¨‘°ºO.:.Oº°‘¨
R.I.P. Kayla Renee Winterfeldt & Jet Jetboy Winterfeldt
(¯`•._.•[ .::. ]•._.•´¯)
(¯`•.__.•´¯)
(¯v¯)
Dricus Frisii
Legionary
posted 14 October 2005 10:14 EDT (US)     7 / 29       

Quote:

Factions: England, France, Prussia, Russia, Turkey, Denmark, Holland, Austria

Quote:

Turkey

Hope you mean Ottoman Empire...

Quote:

here would be no other religion to convert from, unless you integrated the factions of Christiantiy, which would be so close that it would useless anyway.

Well, the Reformation just happened, and that's not close to the Catholics... and you'll have the Islam and Russian/Greek-Ortodox.

GdB
• • • • •

"The story of our life, in the end, is not our life, it is our story" - Americano
Ad furore Dutchmannorum libera nos domine - Ace Cataphract
scipio_africanus
Legionary
posted 14 October 2005 11:37 EDT (US)     8 / 29       
Oooh, AoE3 total war.

///scipio_africanus\\\
"Scipio rules. Nelson sucks." - Jax
"I have a shrine to Scipio in my closet."- Doitzel
"posting a link with no sort of comment or explanation is not something we readily condone in OD." - GillB
The Gamers' Manifesto|Welcome to HG!|The Sanatorium
Winner of the Order of Doitzel!
BGTom
Legionary
posted 14 October 2005 18:18 EDT (US)     9 / 29       
First Fix STW and MTW To Rome Standars, then do World Wide Total War. Set in 1860 to 2060. Play as Germany, Nippon, U.S., C.S.A., Ottoman Empire, Persia, China, Russia, etc. Be an excellent game.
KaiserWinterfeldt
Legionary
posted 15 October 2005 10:57 EDT (US)     10 / 29       
It's too wide of a time frame (but an excellent idea, I'll admitt). During that span of 200 years, you have so many countries and nations changing politically. You have the rise and fall of C.S.A., you have the rise and fall of the Soviet Union, the rise of Communism and the conversion of governments to this new ideological philosophy, the Austro-Hungarian Empire, Prussia/Germany, southeastern Europe (that area has been changing politically at a great rate for some time now), and countless other examples. How would CA integrate all of this?

(¯`•.__.•´¯)
(¯v¯)
FuryDragon
Legionary
posted 15 October 2005 13:21 EDT (US)     11 / 29       
er, wont that become something more like a WW2 game?
BGTom
Legionary
posted 16 October 2005 09:45 EDT (US)     12 / 29       
KaiserWinterfelk, simply by asking for a new advanced Alien Ware Computer. It would work excellently.
Tarquinius
Inactive
posted 16 October 2005 10:39 EDT (US)     13 / 29       
I don't think that's what he means, if I'm right he means that all the political changes are to difficult to integrate into the game

Correct me if I'm wrong

KaiserWinterfeldt
Legionary
posted 16 October 2005 13:39 EDT (US)     14 / 29       
Exactly. Sure, they could make factions like Prussia simply appear, after all that's what they are doing in BI. But how will they bring about the rise of Nazi Germany? You can't just convert back.

(¯`•.__.•´¯)
(¯v¯)
Ace Cataphract
HG Alumnus
(id: Ace_Cataphract)
posted 16 October 2005 14:39 EDT (US)     15 / 29       

Quote:

First Fix STW and MTW To Rome Standars,

First fix RTW to MTW's standards before you do THAT.

Quote:

then do World Wide Total War. Set in 1860 to 2060. Play as Germany, Nippon, U.S., C.S.A., Ottoman Empire, Persia, China, Russia, etc. Be an excellent game.

The first 40 years would be fun, but the rest of the game would suck. Rome Total War wasn't meant for squad combat.

I like the original idea.

Quote:

Fleets: Sloops, frigates and ship-of-the-lines. Naval battles are auto-determined as before.

There should be Galleons as well, and naval battles really SHOULDN'T be auto-resolved. They shouldn't have been in Rome. Back then naval battles were intensely strategic, and were becoming very much so during this time period again.

Quote:

Factions: England, France, Prussia, Russia, Turkey, Denmark, Holland, Austria and such others.

Well, it should be the Holy Roman Empire at first, not Austria or Prussia quite yet. It would be tough to portray the intense diplomacy of the period though. I mean at one point, the Habsburg family under Emperor Karl V (Carlos I of Spain) ruled the Holy Roman Empire, was King of the Spanish Empire, and owned the Netherlands. All of that was amassed through smart political marriages.

Quote:

a) that's a diplomats job and b) AFAIK, the nations that would be involved during this time period were all predominatly Christian.

Obviously you've never been graced with playing Medieval Total War.

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
Stone_12345
Legionary
posted 16 October 2005 14:52 EDT (US)     16 / 29       
Medievil should be made with better graphics then RTW, not the same
BGTom
Legionary
posted 17 October 2005 06:38 EDT (US)     17 / 29       
Tarquinius, how about this way. The new political entities pop up as rebellions which you can choose to join. The game can also be split into time eras such as, Time of change: 1860, time of War: 1914, Time of Dictators: 1934, Time of Space: 1967.
Tewks44
Legionary
posted 18 October 2005 12:19 EDT (US)     18 / 29       
i know this may seem ambitious, and it would take a completly new engine, it would be awsome

Cold war: Total war

factions

U.S., Soviet Union, North Veitnam, South Vietnam, Britain, central European countries, North Korea, South Korea, Japan, Iraq, Iran, and China. if you can think of anymore please post.

emergent factions
Veitcong, (if U.S. declares war on North Veitnam, the Veitcong will start allied to north Veitnam)
insurgancy (if mid. eastern civ. is defeated an insurgancy will spawn)

gameplay changes
for nations with a western culture (U.S., Britain, etc) declaring war will have a negative effect on public order

government types will function as religion, they will be democracy (generally western nations), communism (generally eastern nations) ,despotism (generally mid eastern nations)

democracy has a good effect on income, despotism has a good effect on public order, communism is in between

UN will function much like senate

units

Western culture units

draftees (equvalent to peasents, but smaller unit size and stroner)
volunteer corp (equvalent to most basic infantry unit)
marines (a more adv. infantry unit)
airborne infantry (specail infantry that gain a massive movement adv. if they are in a city with an airport)
special forces (small unit size, very powerful indvidually, can hide anywhere)
AT gun (bonus vs armored units similar to ballista)
artillary piece (like onagoers)
light armor (similar to light cavalry)
main battle tank (almost invulnerable to infantry, very expensive)

Eastern culture units

conscript (equvilant to peasents)
national infantry (basic infantry)
people's gaurd (strong infantry)
elite corps (combat bonus in mtns.)
shock armor (larger unit size, powerful attack)
AT gun
artillary
armored vehicals (equivilant to light cavalry)

Mid Eastern culture units(non-playble so not many units)

republican gaurd (basic infantry large unit size)
religous fanatics (very high morale)
AT gun
battle tanks (small unit size, not very good)
army corps (large unit size)

time period: 1950-2000, each turn = one month

triggers will be in begenning N korea will invade S Korea and U.S. will be asked to send troops to S korea and declare war on N korea until peace is declared, during 1965 N veitnam will invade S veitnam, and it will function same as korea, exept Veitcong will emerge if U.S. accepts. in 1990 Iraq will invade surrounding rebel territories and UN will ask you to send troops (if you are a western nation)

if u have any other ideas/changes plz post

Tiresias
Legionary
posted 19 October 2005 06:29 EDT (US)     19 / 29       
Robot: Total War

The Timeline starts 10 years after Japan unveiled it's giant robot army nad used it to blitzkrieg across half the globe and you pick up trying to reuinite a shattered world and fight the Robot rulers of the world!

Also Pirate: Total War would be great XD

[This message has been edited by Tiresias (edited 10-19-2005 @ 06:30 AM).]

Im_a_beaver
Legionary
posted 19 October 2005 16:58 EDT (US)     20 / 29       
total war remake of Age of Empires?

Or Mesoamerican: Total war. The time where the Aztecs and other peoples were migrating to the area, while they fought of the old olmecs and mayas. In the expansion the spanish and portugese invade. They would have far superior weapons and soldiers, but very limited numbers.

The campaign could cover Mesoamerica alone, or go all the down to Peru and Bolivia to make room for Incas

"The real Art of Peace is not to sacrifice a single one of your warriors to defeat an enemy. Vanquish your foes by always keeping yourself in a safe and unassailable position; then no one will suffer any losses."
-Morihei Ueshiba, founder of aikido

English is not my first language, so please excuse me.

BGTom
Legionary
posted 19 October 2005 17:24 EDT (US)     21 / 29       
Okay I'll bite with even more Ambitious. Iraq Total War.

Fight as Americans who recieve a steady trickle of reinforcements. Then the Insurgents Factions such as Sunni Nationalists, Moqtada Al-Sadr Mahdi Army, Ji-hadists, Khomeni's faction. Then there is The Iraqi Government and the Kurdish Peshmerga. This is a no holds barred constant battle for survival for all factions.

impudent_one
Legionary
posted 19 October 2005 17:37 EDT (US)     22 / 29       
I'm not connvinvced that the game engine would work too well for more "modern" settings, its geared for mass combat with units of men lining up and fighting shoulder to shoulder, i think that the latest war the engine could effectively cover would be the American Civil War. If you think the strategic game would be cool for a much later period i suggest something akin to Hearts of Iron.
Kaidonni
Legionary
posted 20 October 2005 04:56 EDT (US)     23 / 29       
What about, after they make Shogun: Total War 2 and Medieval: Total War 2, they make something around the Renaissance to Industrial time period? Perhaps people here at RTWH could be enlisted (and yes, I'd do it free of charge, just as long as I get a free copy of the game) by CA in helping them make the new Total War game...I'd love to help them in ideas, to help them in moulding them and so on, so they can put them in the game, or decide what future Total War games may have to offer.

(\_/)
(X.x)---------
()> <()
\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\This is Bunny roasting on an open fire. Yummy!
MEGAS_ALEXANDROS
Legionary
posted 20 October 2005 09:29 EDT (US)     24 / 29       
How about

GREECE : TOTAL WAR or HELLAS : TOTAL WAR

Starting from the Persian invasion till the rise of Macedon

Multiple campaign modes

a) Persian wars

b) The Pelloponesean war

c) The rise of Thebes

d) The rise of Macedon

and The Hellenic Flame expansion set
with
a) Alexander the Great

b) The Diadochi wars

what do you think?

[This message has been edited by MEGAS_ALEXANDROS (edited 10-20-2005 @ 09:31 AM).]

Aemilius
Legionary
posted 20 October 2005 09:52 EDT (US)     25 / 29       
Being interested in the history of my country, I present to you all:

Sweden: Total War!

Time period: 1200-1800. A few different campaigns with different starting conditions and time.

Place: The Baltic sea, Scandinavia, Germany and western Russia.

Missions: varying depending on the campaign - although much like the BI missions of RTW. Take a set number of provinces of which some certain ones must be included.

Factions: Sweden, Denmark-Norway, Russia, Poland, Lithuania, The Hanseatic League, several German states.

Play the Swedish, Danish-Norwegians, Polish, Russians, Lithuanians, German city-states and more! Can YOU make a powerful nordic superpower out of the fragile scandinavian countries in the 1200's? Maybe you want to change history by playing the Danish and capturing Gustav Vasa and his swedish revolt before he drives the Danish king out of Sweden? Will you be able to prevent the Stockholm bloodbath in 1520? Can you hold the large Swedish superpower of the post thirty years war times together? Will you succeed where Karl (aka Carolus/Charles) XII of Sweden failed, and conquer the Russians? And what if said Karl hadn't died in Halden by a gunshot, and actually got to the planned coup d'etat in England? What if Sweden had won the battle at Poltava? Change the course of history by the click of a mouse!

There's room for many intriguing campaigns and historical battles in this amazingly interesting era of peace, war, alliances and treachery!

Just idag är jag stark!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames