Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.244 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Easter Egg
Bottom
Topic Subject:Easter Egg
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9  Next Page »
ChristianII
Legionary
posted 02 May 2006 15:54 EDT (US)         
Heres a little easter egg i found (probably nr 5897623 to post this but still, i thought it was pretty funny )

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/christianII/allyourbase.jpg

Who would have thought the egyptians played arcade games?!

Credit to EnemyofJupitor for the picture guide

[This message has been edited by ChristianII (edited 05-02-2006 @ 04:15 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
shadowarmy
Legionary
(id: shadowarmy75)
posted 28 June 2006 23:18 EDT (US)     151 / 244       
I think I found it, when Britian tries to make you Preatoriate(I can never spell that word), it says "may you live long and prosper".

"The most virtuous are those who content themselves with being virtuous without seeking to appear so."-Plato
von Nelson
Legionary
(id: General_Nelson)
posted 29 June 2006 00:06 EDT (US)     152 / 244       
But that's not British specific. Star Trek was massive in America, too.

< Jarrod Nelson>
Nelson looks good in his pics - Gaurdian_112
Wow, Nelson's awfully cute... - HP Lovesauce
Thanks for ruining something that I've waited over 6 years for. - Redneck93
It might be a bit of an odd moment to say so, but I still think Nelson's smile is awesome. - Hnossa
THIS SIGNATURE IS A TESTAMENT TO MY VANITY
blockeyking1
Legionary
posted 01 July 2006 09:23 EDT (US)     153 / 244       
Something interesting that i found was that one of my Generals (Julii, in Arrinium, with a scriptorium (or the one below that)) ended up with Archimeiades (a famous Greek philosipher) in his retinue. This gave him 100 extra build points, +1 command when defending walls and +2 command when attacking walls. Also he got Eratosthenes who gave him +1 command and +1 management.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j65/blokeyking/Archimedes1.jpg

[This message has been edited by blockeyking1 (edited 07-01-2006 @ 09:42 AM).]

mercury9
Legionary
posted 03 July 2006 21:57 EDT (US)     154 / 244       
hey haven't been here in along time. I still play rtw pretty much everyday but i still haven't found anything.

"The best defense is a good offense" -I Forget
" in battle, if you know you cannot beat your enemy, give him mean looks and act like you're about to do something heroic. it might scare him into doing something stupid. If not, act like you died"
- Me
Quintus Labienus
Legionary
posted 14 July 2006 18:44 EDT (US)     155 / 244       
Got it! One of my Greek generals, Euemenes of Sparta, has in his retinue a comedian, and when you pass the cursor over the comedian you get the immortal lines, "Nay, nay and thrice nay" and "Titter ye not." None other than the late, great Frankie Howerd!!! Am I right or am I right?
mercury9
Legionary
posted 14 July 2006 19:01 EDT (US)     156 / 244       
I hope so. All this searching really is frusterating

" in battle, if you know you cannot beat your enemy, give him mean looks and act like you're about to do something heroic. it might scare him into doing something stupid. If not, act like you died"
- Me
Leo IV
Legionary
(id: leonadas_IV)
posted 14 July 2006 19:16 EDT (US)     157 / 244       
That may be it, but if not i would opt for a clue.

LEO IV
Pugna Concusio ~ Fight the Oppression
Army Commander
BeerMatt
Legionary
(id: Olondi)
posted 15 July 2006 03:42 EDT (US)     158 / 244       
I asked about the Frankie Howerd lines in page 2-3 here.

It's apparently in plain view, and not in a text box.

I think they're just making it up. There are no other cultural references in the game.

-+- Non sequiturs and weak puns a speciality -+-
mercury9
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 12:53 EDT (US)     159 / 244       
of course there is. I don't think fishpants would put us on a wild goose chase

- Me
shadowarmy
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 13:01 EDT (US)     160 / 244       
There are geese in the game?

"The most virtuous are those who content themselves with being virtuous without seeking to appear so."-Plato
Rubber Soul 65
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 13:25 EDT (US)     161 / 244       
Hunt them down, geese make good eating

Anyways...maybe the layout of the settlements on the map spell a word, like connect the dots? or the mountains perhaps?

My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori.
Kaidonni
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 15:31 EDT (US)     162 / 244       
Okay, I've seen something associated with settlements...not sure if they're associated with the easter egg Captain Fishpants is on about, though. The following images were taken on Terrae Expugnandae 5.1, but the mod does not alter the skins of buildings whatsoever.

Screenie 1:
Location - Roman settlement. May be present in settlements of Greeks.

Screenie 2:
Location - Wooden Palisade gateway, Roman settlement. May be present possibly on Wooden Wall gateway too, and possibly in settlements of other cultures.

(\_/)
(X.x)---------
()> <()
\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\This is Bunny roasting on an open fire. Yummy!
Rubber Soul 65
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 15:45 EDT (US)     163 / 244       
That's pretty observant. I'm going to check the gates out myself.

But what are those patterns supposed to be?

One of them, the bottom one, looks maybe like an Oscar statuette, but the top one...is that a bunny?

Pro patria mori.
Kaidonni
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 15:55 EDT (US)     164 / 244       
I have no idea. Almost looked like a Cyberman at one point. At other times, it looks like a bearded-chap sitting down in a chair, or something.

(\_/)
(X.x)---------
()> <()
\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\
inkdrinker
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 17:04 EDT (US)     165 / 244       
Those are how they tile their stone textures. The easiest way to make anything tile is to have the next tile be a mirror image so all the lines connect. Thus, you end up with the occasional spots of bilateral symmetry like that.
Kaidonni
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 17:55 EDT (US)     166 / 244       
Ah...but is it just coincidence? Or did they deliberately make the symmetry look like that? You have to ask these sorts of questions. I couldn't possibly believe the gate one is just by chance...why would they even texture the gate like that? Seems very out-of-place to me.

(\_/)
(X.x)---------
()> <()
\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\
inkdrinker
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 19:40 EDT (US)     167 / 244       
I'd wager that it ends in that because whoever was designing the texture had corners in mind more than anything, and was trying to texture it so the corners have some moisture/moss/etc. I can see a pattern in it and even apply a meaning to it, but that pattern definitely isn't strong enough for me to say that this is an intentional drawing representing a human figure. Our inherent ability to recognize patterns means we sometimes see things when they aren't there.
Elven Sniper
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 20:30 EDT (US)     168 / 244       
Just found this thread and I am myself intrigued as to what it may be...
It isn't anything about fish and chips, spice girls, the queen or cricket, is it?

Proud Recepient of the BFME2 Heaven Best Location Award.
Rubber Soul 65
Legionary
posted 15 July 2006 20:52 EDT (US)     169 / 244       
I would have hoped it was about the Beatles but of course the whole world knows them, despite them being four lads from Liverpool

Pro patria mori.
shadowarmy
Legionary
posted 17 July 2006 11:16 EDT (US)     170 / 244       
Does it involve a rebel diplomat?

Rubber Soul 65
Legionary
posted 17 July 2006 14:50 EDT (US)     171 / 244       
Rescuturme is his name, no?

Pro patria mori.
Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 17 July 2006 15:02 EDT (US)     172 / 244       
it is his name.

Now that Medieval TW is soon to come will the makers just let us know what the damn easter egg is?

sooooo many tries...

As-Salaam-Alaikum
mercury9
Legionary
posted 02 August 2006 22:28 EDT (US)     173 / 244       
ok I think we all have given up searching. Fishpants, can you either give us big hint or just tell us? It really doesn't matter to me anymore lol

- Me
The Sav
Legionary
posted 03 August 2006 01:08 EDT (US)     174 / 244       
I would doubt this is it; but i was wondering if the trade route lines might form a picture if you have the right cities and trade right agreements? seems a REAL long shot, but that would be cool.

I saw a perfect(ish) pentagram a couple days ago, it got me thinking...

anyway, come on Fishpants! tell us dammit, or we will all wait until the day AFTER M2:TW comes out to buy it!

CaptainFishpants
VIP
posted 03 August 2006 08:41 EDT (US)     175 / 244       
As ingenious as many of the ideas floated here are so far, you are looking in entirely the wrong places when you imagine that there is a secret message coded into textures or the patterns of trade lines. Or perhaps I should say that we haven't put anything in there, even it is there.

There is one *text* reference in RTW - or more accurately BI - that so far no one outside the CA design group has picked up. It's not a brilliant joke, but it made us smile when we snuck it in. We don't get to smile very often, so we relish the opportunity when it comes our way.

----

Gentlemen should exercise caution and wear stout-sided boots when using the Fintry-Kyle Escape Apparatus. Ladies, children, servants and those of a nervous disposition should be strongly encouraged to seek other means of hurried egress.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8 9  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames