Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.244 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Easter Egg
Bottom
Topic Subject:Easter Egg
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10  Next Page »
ChristianII
Legionary
posted 02 May 2006 15:54 EDT (US)         
Heres a little easter egg i found (probably nr 5897623 to post this but still, i thought it was pretty funny )

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/christianII/allyourbase.jpg

Who would have thought the egyptians played arcade games?!

Credit to EnemyofJupitor for the picture guide

[This message has been edited by ChristianII (edited 05-02-2006 @ 04:15 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
androv
Legionary
posted 14 November 2006 02:08 EDT (US)     226 / 244       
just read through the posts.

someone had mentioned a racehorse right at the beginning of the whole egg hunt. not sure who it was, too lazy to go back and find it.

anyways, that guy should get some credit, he was the closest.

Spartamaran
Legionary
posted 14 November 2006 09:49 EDT (US)     227 / 244       
Well, I got admiral Parmenion and admiral Agemenmon(sp?) in my Greek campagne... Will try to upload screen when I get home from work tonight. Will it be of any interest?

"One can do without God, but not without religion.."
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
"In war there is but one favorable moment; the great art is to seize it!"

- Napoleon Bonaparte

GMRage
Legionary
posted 14 November 2006 20:37 EDT (US)     228 / 244       
Androv:

Quote:

just read through the posts.
someone had mentioned a racehorse right at the beginning of the whole egg hunt. not sure who it was, too lazy to go back and find it.

anyways, that guy should get some credit, he was the closest.

Yup, I found the reference just 1 page back:

Rubber Soul 65:

Quote:

It's a text file too, but out in the open. Maybe there's a general named after a famous racehorse?

I agree. Cap'n Fishpants should have said RS65 was on the mark.

to you cap'n!

GM

Seany Boi
Legionary
posted 22 November 2006 14:43 EDT (US)     229 / 244       
The IRA killed the horse? Baths folk would know why i find that funny...

bag of weed - £40
skins - 99p
new muse cd - £6
getting stoned out your head on your night off listening to tunes
PRICELESS
"Well I've already been under and on top of 5 women at this point of my life so I guess it evens out." - DominicusUltimus
Count Belisarius
Legionary
posted 22 November 2006 20:12 EDT (US)     230 / 244       
Hello, there was a mispelling in the greek cities building description. When you goto any settlement, and click on the the button that brings up the buildings tree, scroll down to the four temples, and look at the last temple (pantheon), one of them is spelt incorrectly as pentheon.
androv
Legionary
posted 23 November 2006 03:26 EDT (US)     231 / 244       
very nice observation. perhaps they had something else on their mind?
Count Belisarius
Legionary
posted 23 November 2006 15:32 EDT (US)     232 / 244       
Sorry, that was a mistake, I just checked, it's not the Greek Cities, it's Macedon, the pantheion dedicated to Zeus says pentheion.
Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 28 November 2006 15:30 EDT (US)     233 / 244       
Bless you for relinquishing my agony...

how come that one guy didn't get credit for being the closest to it?

(as a side note...how in the heck is anyone born after 1985 going to know something like this? Seems like the designers are all older than 21 as a safe guess)

As-Salaam-Alaikum
Enkidu of Uruk
Legionary
(id: thekid951)
posted 31 December 2006 08:41 EDT (US)     234 / 244       
Hi =)
I've found 2 possible easter eggs.

First : http://img330.imageshack.us/img330/7851/lesbianrebels2nk5.png

Second :
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/thekid951/AriovustusiseenGeneralgeenSpion.png

Now, you'll wonder what's so weird about this second one. Well, I'm in my third year of Latin and we were translating a Latin text to Dutch. In this text, A German General named ARIOVISTUS was messing with some Gauls, and Juluis Caesar helped the Gauls and drove Ariovistus back (to put it shortly)
So, what's wrong? What's the possible easter egg? Well, Ariovistus was a German GENERAL, not a SPY, like in the picture. Secondly, this Ariovistus lived in 270 BC,but in reality he lived later, which we know because he messed with Caesar, who was born in 100 BC and died in 44BC.

[This message has been edited by thekid951 (edited 01-01-2007 @ 12:31 PM).]

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 01 January 2007 04:55 EDT (US)     235 / 244       
THe first isn't- lesbians were from the island of lesbos, so it's historically accurate. It's popped up about 5 times in the thread

The second I'm not sure.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Enkidu of Uruk
Legionary
posted 01 January 2007 04:59 EDT (US)     236 / 244       
Oh
Primo
Legionary
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 01 January 2007 05:27 EDT (US)     237 / 244       
I think there might have been a German general called Ariovistus during the time of Caesar.

Yep, there was. Linky Linky!

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460

[This message has been edited by Marcus Orentius (edited 01-01-2007 @ 05:30 AM).]

Enkidu of Uruk
Legionary
posted 01 January 2007 12:25 EDT (US)     238 / 244       
That is what I said...
Scutarii
Legionary
posted 01 January 2007 14:44 EDT (US)     239 / 244       
Arovistus was a German name, so it is probobly one of the names put in as a possible agent/general name. It just happened to be and agent. I'm sure there was more than one single human being in the world named Arovistus, there was just only one famous one.
Enkidu of Uruk
Legionary
posted 02 January 2007 12:57 EDT (US)     240 / 244       
I really don't believe that the single known famous German General, who is the only famous German person named Ariovistus in the whole history books, is by coincedence the first spy of the game at German side.
Scutarii
Legionary
posted 02 January 2007 17:39 EDT (US)     241 / 244       
Quote: I really don't believe that the single known famous German General, who is the only famous German person named Ariovistus in the whole history books, is by coincedence the first spy of the game at German side.

You never said it was the first spy... I assumed it was a spy trained at a city.

Voltiguer
Legionary
posted 02 January 2007 18:16 EDT (US)     242 / 244       
Another thing (I dont know if its been mentioned before but anyway):

The Pontic leader at the beginning of the game is called Mithridates while his son is called Pharnacas.

However, in reality the 'real' Mithridates and his son Pharnaces did exist but like 170 years later. Sulla fought Mithridates and Pharnaces got beaten by Caesar.

Another funny thing I encountered though it wasnt in RTW but in M2TW: A heretic called Moses LOL.

MisplacedPope
Legionary
(id: misplacedgeneral)
posted 02 January 2007 19:10 EDT (US)     243 / 244       
These aren't easter eggs, it is simply the name being used. Unless, of course, it was Mithridites VI.

It isn't like they are going to call them Eastern Leader 1 Eastern Leader 2.

"It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good." Jack Nicholson
Voltiguer
Legionary
posted 02 January 2007 19:13 EDT (US)     244 / 244       
Well, but the possibility of having a king Mithridates and his son Pharnaces is very unlikely to happen often.

If only one of them would be called what they are I wouldnt care. But father and son with this names as Pontic rulers?

I guess CA just wanted to use a famous name for a Pontic king.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames