You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.51 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Anything I can do?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Anything I can do?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Lazy8s
Legionary
posted 15 May 2006 20:00 EDT (US)         
Before you lock without reading I am NOT asking for a No CD hack or anything against the forum rules. I am asking for a legal solution other than buying the game again. I lost my CD for BI during my recent move. :-/ I still have my RTW CDs and I have the box, instructions, CD jacket and even the freakin receipt for BI. Anyone know if there is a way to get another CD from the manufacturer without having to buy the whole game again or do they have the ISO available for DL or something? I mostly play MMOs and you can usually DL the client online. I didn't fine anything like this at www.totalwar.com.I am looking everywhere, thx for your help.
AuthorReplies:
Blunderboy
Legionary
posted 15 May 2006 20:03 EDT (US)     1 / 51       
Nope.
You're screwed. Sorry hombre.

WWW.C3LL.NET - War is C3ll
Official RTWH Spelling Enforcement Officer
Voted The Most Normal Looking Forumer, 2005
The saddest sight in all the world is a battle lost. The second saddest sight is a battle won.
skullhunter
Banned
posted 15 May 2006 23:16 EDT (US)     2 / 51       
i could hook ya up no cd cracks shouldnt be outlawed there very handy and save time
MaximusDecimus
Legionary
(id: maximus09)
posted 15 May 2006 23:19 EDT (US)     3 / 51       
Ok, say good buy to at least one of you. CD Cracks, Key gens ect. are not to be discusses here. They are illegal and mods dont tollerate it., Surely you read the sticky thread at the top right? I suggest you do.

posted 16 May 2006 01:15 EDT (US)     4 / 51       

Quote:

Before you lock without reading I am NOT asking for a No CD hack or anything against the forum rules.

Well done on reading the rules. Thank you for makeing that clear, so a mod doesn't ban you.
As for teh missing CD, well, You'll have to buy a new one. Sorry.

@Skullhunter- Congratulations! You've earnd yourself a one-way trip to oblivion. Fasten your seatbelt. It's going to be a bumpy ride...

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 16 May 2006 02:49 EDT (US)     5 / 51       
Apart from having another very good look (like checking you haven't left it in another box or something), there isn't a legal solution without buying another game.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
Blunderboy
Legionary
posted 16 May 2006 06:14 EDT (US)     6 / 51       
Goodbye Skullhunter.
I doubt I shall shed a tear for your departure.

WWW.C3LL.NET - War is C3ll
Official RTWH Spelling Enforcement Officer
Voted The Most Normal Looking Forumer, 2005
The saddest sight in all the world is a battle lost. The second saddest sight is a battle won.

[This message has been edited by Blunderboy (edited 05-16-2006 @ 06:15 AM).]

Lazy8s
Legionary
posted 16 May 2006 07:54 EDT (US)     7 / 51       
I know I should have made a backup copy but this kind of thing really turns me off from game publishers that require CDs. This is the second time I have really loved a game and lost the CD for it. Was it my fault? Sure, but it seems like there's a better solution to anti-piracy than requiring CDs. A simple google search will show that CDs are hardly required to play this game while law abiding citizens like me are going to go out and buy a second copy just to keep playing. I guess they figure my 2nd purchace will make-up for someone else using a no-cd crack. Just my little rant.

Oh yes and thank you for the replies.

[This message has been edited by Lazy8s (edited 05-16-2006 @ 07:56 AM).]

skullhunter
Banned
posted 16 May 2006 08:46 EDT (US)     8 / 51       
oh grow up ya noobs everyone uses no cd cracks its handy when u have 8 games and sames you from changing the blooming cd over all the time. just because i dont put my cd in makes me a bad person lol grow up and use some of that pinks stuff in ya head called a brain
D Furius Venator
HG Alumnus
posted 16 May 2006 08:46 EDT (US)     9 / 51       

Let's look at it this way. I move house. During the move I lose my prized copy of A Roman Revolution.

Naturally I get straight onto the publisher and point out that I have previously purchased the book but unfortunately lost it- I still have the receipt and everything. Of course the bastards just tell me to buy another copy and suggest I might be more careful next time.

It was the same with my Best of Squeeze CD too.

Music industry, software industry, publishing industry.... anyone would think they were in it for the money... oh hang on... they are. And quite right too. Evan they and their employees have to eat.

Civile! Si ergo fortibusis in ero.
Wassis inem causan dux?
Gnossis vile demsis trux!

I suggest that before badgering for a translation you take the time to read it out loud. Thankyou.
steace43
Legionary
posted 16 May 2006 10:36 EDT (US)     10 / 51       
Well, there are nothing you can do now. You should check the laws about this though. Atleast in the US, you are allowed to make a back-up copy of your games in case you do loose them, but only for personal use ofcourse.

@Skullhunter:
Nomatter what you think, cracks etc. are forbidden on theese forums and will earn you a ban if the staff find out that you use them. Do you realy think that the game creators will like us very much if we allow them? No, they won't, so they'll stop comming here, and we do NOT want that to happend.

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
skullhunter
Banned
posted 16 May 2006 10:54 EDT (US)     11 / 51       
RTW game creators come here eh somehow i dont think so
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 16 May 2006 10:57 EDT (US)     12 / 51       
Look for the blue, Skull. THey're VIPs from game creators. Go to the Easter egg thread and tell me there isn't a single hint of blue there. Go on.

taccovert4
Legionary
posted 16 May 2006 11:19 EDT (US)     13 / 51       
Nice knowing you skull hunter. You know, your little statement about cracks could have been written off as an irritated diatirbe at cd requirements, quite a few of us have that gripe, but since you're actually tring to defend your position it makes you look guilty.

Prepare yourself for the impending blackness that is "Banishment, the final frontier......"

[This message has been edited by taccovert4 (edited 05-16-2006 @ 11:22 AM).]

steace43
Legionary
posted 16 May 2006 11:59 EDT (US)     14 / 51       

Quote:

RTW game creators come here eh somehow i dont think so

Check EoJs reply. We do have CA staff here, plus it is the same rules on ALL HG forums, and most of them has much more support from the game creators.

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 16 May 2006 12:06 EDT (US)     15 / 51       
Ach, if only Doikie was here. He'd do something funny to close the Saga.
Oh, and lazy8s (Nice name, BTW) your thread may be closed NOT because you have broken any rules, but to stop any more idiots from breaking them. It happened to me on BFME2H.

C Franziskus
Legionary
posted 16 May 2006 12:45 EDT (US)     16 / 51       
Did you check your CD-drive?...Happened to me once
taccovert4
Legionary
posted 16 May 2006 13:05 EDT (US)     17 / 51       
[QUOTE=]
oh grow up ya noobs everyone uses no cd cracks its handy when u have 8 games and sames you from changing the blooming cd over all the time. just because i dont put my cd in makes me a bad person lol grow up and use some of that pinks stuff in ya head called a brain
[/QUOTE]

There wouldn't be an issue if that was the only time they were used. However, there are those that use no cd cracks to illegally access a company's commercial intellectual property, ie the game. While I cannot claim full innocense to what you have advocated (I have used the occasional cd crack in the past, though I chose to stop), I can however state that even using one legitimately bears the "appearance of evil." (which is why I stopped, in addition to them not being all that necessary) This is in addition to the forum rules that specify (at the top no less) that no warez or cd cracks are to be discussed or advocated. You are in violation of the rules, regardless of your opinion. I'd advise you to retract your statements advocating cd cracks, and request that the mods parole your impending doom, on condition of good behavior.

Otherwise, you're banned already, you just don't know it yet.

skullhunter
Banned
posted 16 May 2006 13:27 EDT (US)     18 / 51       
no cd cracks are evil dont use em. very bad
TotalWarFanatic
Legionary
posted 16 May 2006 13:33 EDT (US)     19 / 51       
I think banned is an inappropriate title, going legionary to banned doesn’t make since. Poopsweep would be more humiliating and amusing.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.-me A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
I've put most of my units/skins and ss of them on my new site!:
http://totalwarfantic.tripod.com/
Proud winner of most underrated forumer award!
Jonathon Clark
Legionary
posted 16 May 2006 13:56 EDT (US)     20 / 51       
Skullhunter,
Shut up and grow up.

No CD cracks are illegal. No questions asked.
You've broke the rules. You'll have a thread in MA when GoS comes online on MSN.

OMG HINT HINT NUDGE NUDGE BABY

Game developers and publishers regularly visit these forums. Anyone with a blue title works for either a developer or publisher.

St Jimmy
Angel face and a taste for suicidal
skullhunter
Banned
posted 16 May 2006 14:38 EDT (US)     21 / 51       
i shall not shut up nor grow up Btw Dont message me asking for a No crack again u fool
taccovert4
Legionary
posted 16 May 2006 15:16 EDT (US)     22 / 51       
In light of the way you treat scolding and reasoned arguments, I'd have to say you are either a spammer or a smurf or a troll. Barring that you are an online masochist that gains strange pleasure from being banned by online forums. But from the way your answers are worded gramatically, and due to the absolutely atrocious spelling, I'd dare say you would be under the age of 18. In that case, do remember that you invited yourself to play with the big boys. Do try to fit in. Nd your spelling is inexcusable: I'm getting it right (most of the time) and I have a completely disabled right hand from surgery, meaning that on top of not being able to play RTW at my usual skill level, I'm typing as slow as drying paint.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 16 May 2006 15:18 EDT (US)     23 / 51       
And I am dyslexic.
Well, not really, but I'm one of those that can't spell. I had to have handwriting lessons and spelling lessons last year It was funny.

skullhunter
Banned
posted 16 May 2006 16:42 EDT (US)     24 / 51       
i have learning probelms
Evil Sheep
Legionary
posted 16 May 2006 17:18 EDT (US)     25 / 51       

Quoted from skullhunter:

i have learning probelms

Trust me, nobody reading this thread doubts that statement.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames