You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.51 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Anything I can do?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Anything I can do?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Lazy8s
Legionary
posted 15 May 2006 20:00 EDT (US)         
Before you lock without reading I am NOT asking for a No CD hack or anything against the forum rules. I am asking for a legal solution other than buying the game again. I lost my CD for BI during my recent move. :-/ I still have my RTW CDs and I have the box, instructions, CD jacket and even the freakin receipt for BI. Anyone know if there is a way to get another CD from the manufacturer without having to buy the whole game again or do they have the ISO available for DL or something? I mostly play MMOs and you can usually DL the client online. I didn't fine anything like this at www.totalwar.com.I am looking everywhere, thx for your help.
AuthorReplies:
shadowarmy
Legionary
(id: shadowarmy75)
posted 16 May 2006 17:45 EDT (US)     26 / 51       
I think if you go to their site maybe they will send you a new one if you give proof of purchase? Like how they give you a new key if yours doesn't work. Go to the support site. I believe it is at SEGA now.

"The most virtuous are those who content themselves with being virtuous without seeking to appear so."-Plato
Thanatos
Legionary
(id: deathmaster666)
posted 16 May 2006 18:59 EDT (US)     27 / 51       
It's sad that "no cd-cracks" and "disc images" are used by unscrupulous individuals for piracy. This makes them overall illegal and thus people who really need them for legitimate reasons can't use them.

Frankly anyone who wants to find these objects either for legitimate reasons or for piracy will find the.
Of course I suppose the official stance does go some way to curbing piracy even if it is at the expense of legitimate people like Lazy8.

Some game companies have a procedure where you just need to contact them via Internet or some other means and just have to buy the CD you lost and not the whole game, maybe CA has that system.

Quote:

Dont message me asking for a No crack again u fool

and here we have a futile and rather late attempt to cover his tracks.

Help me to tally the forums belief patterns, vote in my poll

Tally so far:-
Agnostics:18
Atheists:28
Theists:42

[This message has been edited by THANATOS (edited 05-16-2006 @ 07:01 PM).]

JOYA
Legionary
posted 17 May 2006 01:33 EDT (US)     28 / 51       
skullhunter, why do you say "no crack" instead of just "crack"?
oshovahiscool
Legionary
posted 17 May 2006 03:58 EDT (US)     29 / 51       
@Skull hunter: your outnumbered so stop going on about it. id say it a bit more colourfully but i don't want to offend. also why do u want to use CD cracks? half of them screw you game up anyway (i haven't used them but my friends have)as there full of viruses and trojens and stuff.

@whoever said that under 18's can't spell: im under 18 and i can spell. Skullhunter is speaking in MSN talk, any under 18's would know that and can read it perfectly, so please don't insult people about the way they talk on the internet. formaility is not really the most important thing on the internet unless the person can't speak English as a first langauge. also i know people way over 18 who can't spell. if you dont know this already english is HARD!!!!!! even for those who speak it as a first language.

[This message has been edited by oshovahiscool (edited 05-17-2006 @ 04:02 AM).]

D Furius Venator
HG Alumnus
posted 17 May 2006 04:43 EDT (US)     30 / 51       
Clarity is important however. Text speak is A- lazy and B- unclear. It may be faster to type but it's harder and slower to read. Basically it is both lazy and discourteous.

Civile! Si ergo fortibusis in ero.
Wassis inem causan dux?
Gnossis vile demsis trux!

I suggest that before badgering for a translation you take the time to read it out loud. Thankyou.
Blunderboy
Legionary
posted 17 May 2006 05:29 EDT (US)     31 / 51       
And will attract my attention, in an official capacity.

WWW.C3LL.NET - War is C3ll
Official RTWH Spelling Enforcement Officer
Voted The Most Normal Looking Forumer, 2005
The saddest sight in all the world is a battle lost. The second saddest sight is a battle won.
skullhunter
Banned
posted 17 May 2006 07:52 EDT (US)     32 / 51       
@Skull hunter: your outnumbered so stop going on about it. id say it a bit more colourfully but i don't want to offend. also why do u want to use CD cracks? half of them screw you game up anyway (i haven't used them but my friends have)as there full of viruses and trojens and stuff.

@whoever said that under 18's can't spell: im under 18 and i can spell. Skullhunter is speaking in MSN talk, any under 18's would know that and can read it perfectly, so please don't insult people about the way they talk on the internet. formaility is not really the most important thing on the internet unless the person can't speak English as a first langauge. also i know people way over 18 who can't spell. if you dont know this already english is HARD!!!!!! even for those who speak it as a first language.

Ok i dont use i know someone who does and his games are fine

anyway i wouldnt use one i just know were to get em and i did try one once many moons ago.

and ty for defending my spelling skills, perhaps some people should learn manners and respect Btw am not lazy who ever cant read it is probel to lazy to try

taccovert4
Legionary
posted 17 May 2006 07:59 EDT (US)     33 / 51       
@oshovahiscool

IM talk is for just that, IM. Online forums are a bit slower and more formal, kind of a bridge between IM and E-mail. Therefore a little more formal language is in order. Not to say grammar has to be perfect, but it does have to be a bit cohesive. Otherwise, us 21 year old fogies have a hard time understanding it. You don't read 'msn' as a course in a history major, after all.

Also, my use of the terminology "under 18" was not as an insult to those that are that, instead it was a use of the literary device called understatement. Taken in context it would mean kid or noob.

Crazed Ewok
Mectator
(id: The Crazed Ewok)
posted 17 May 2006 08:19 EDT (US)     34 / 51       

Quote:

and even the freakin receipt for BI.

That might help you out alot. Contact Sega or TCA. Maybe they can help you out somehow.

Also, good spelling and grammar is essential. This is not a chatroom.

And lastly, we do have TCA staff browsing our forums.

C hairman of the FMT, Mectator, and Seraph
r esident of Unity RPG, Anti-Heroes, and Indolents
a seraph at SWGBH and EAWH
z apping spammers and stealing their shoes
e w o k "Don't waste your breath trying to figure out my logic" - Seacker
d ependent on daily tea infusions
D Furius Venator
HG Alumnus
posted 17 May 2006 08:26 EDT (US)     35 / 51       
Hey Crazed, did you ever get that WRE opening strategy guide I sent (twice...)?

Wassis inem causan dux?

I suggest that before badgering for a translation you take the time to read it out loud. Thankyou.
Jonathon Clark
Legionary
posted 17 May 2006 13:39 EDT (US)     36 / 51       

Quote:

i shall not shut up nor grow up Btw Dont message me asking for a No crack again u fool

Shut up.
It's people like you I can't stand. It's people like you that make me lose my temper.

It's also funny because you're so retarded that you haven't even noticed this forum doesn't have a PM system, and you have not disclosed your email.
Pathetic, is the word for people such as yourself.

And for any politically correct mod, who is going to post me a warning, I say this: He's a BAITER.

St Jimmy
Angel face and a taste for suicidal
skullhunter
Banned
posted 17 May 2006 13:49 EDT (US)     37 / 51       
did i say you Noooooo soo shut up you big fat muppet tool
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 17 May 2006 13:53 EDT (US)     38 / 51       
Ouch- Johnathan has snapped. Not good. Hopefully now you've got that out your system you'll calm down, although I agree with you in this case.

@Skullhunter: Please stop baiting/trolling, as we don't want a repeat of Firefox here again.
Oh, and please, learn a new word today- respect. Look it up in the dictionary and implement it here.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Jonathon Clark
Legionary
posted 17 May 2006 13:54 EDT (US)     39 / 51       
**** off and die. Now.

St Jimmy
Stormraider
Tribunus Militum
posted 17 May 2006 15:20 EDT (US)     40 / 51       

Quote:

and ty for defending my spelling skills, perhaps some people should learn manners and respect Btw am not lazy who ever cant read it is probel to lazy to try

Oh good, my daily dose of travesty against the English language.

You know, skull, you might consider pandering your crusade against copyright protection somewhere where its better recieved. I'm sure the Simple Plan message boards are just rife with people like you.

"we have an agenda, a character assassination agenda, assassinating characters is what we do for a living" - Sukkit
skullhunter
Banned
posted 17 May 2006 16:15 EDT (US)     41 / 51       
respect i didnt bother any of you you need to learn the respect and stop dising other peoples spelling how youd you like it. i got the respect its all you cheaky muppets who are saying i cant spell Needs to learn respect
D Furius Venator
HG Alumnus
posted 17 May 2006 16:33 EDT (US)     42 / 51       

Quote:

Btw am not lazy

cracks me up...

Wassis inem causan dux?

Jonathon Clark
Legionary
posted 17 May 2006 16:56 EDT (US)     43 / 51       
Skullhunter, just quit. You're digging your own grave by continuing.

St Jimmy
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 17 May 2006 16:58 EDT (US)     44 / 51       

Quote:

i didnt bother any of you you need to learn the respect

You ignored the warning from Lazy8s to not breach forum rules in the title post. We told you this. You responded... Well, I don't think I need to go into that, do I?

Quote:

and stop dising other peoples spelling how youd you like it.

We actually don't get it, as we try to make it legible to non-MSN and Non-Texters, and also to the poor Non-english speaking members who have trouble grasping the normal english, never mind the abbreviated version. A little grammer here and there is much appreciated by all.

Quote:

i got the respect its all you cheaky muppets who are saying i cant spell Needs to learn respect

Lol, my 30-year-old-PE-teacher-who-trys-to-be-cool-but-really-isn't calls people muppets. Sorry, just that it cracked me up

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
meplaygames
Legionary
posted 17 May 2006 23:49 EDT (US)     45 / 51       
Hey, I got an idea for anyone that might consider a no cd crack. How about for every game that requires a cd, install an external cd drive. You might need a USB hub. Then, you'd never have to remove/insert a cd ever again.

Of course, I don't do that. The way I do is that I just simply keep the RTW cd in the drive at all times. The rest of the games are free ones like America's Army and a few MMORPGs and a few others like Pac Man.

I guess nobody likes that idea, but it's something that I've come up with after reading this rather amusing thread.

GMRage
Legionary
posted 18 May 2006 05:04 EDT (US)     46 / 51       
^I quite like that suggestion. That's pretty much how I operate.

As a seasoned RTW gamer & forumer, I'd even suggest that if you need to change cd's then you are playing to many other games - If you have a problem with the RTW cd staying in your drive, go & complain about it in a different forum.

GM

Stupid questions & their appropriate responses from an Australian tourism web site:

Q: Which direction is North in Australia? (USA)
A: Face south and then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.

taccovert4
Legionary
posted 18 May 2006 08:34 EDT (US)     47 / 51       
Original message:

respect i didnt bother any of you you need to learn the respect and stop dising other peoples spelling how youd you like it. i got the respect its all you cheaky muppets who are saying i cant spell Needs to learn respect

After Editing:

Respect? I didn't bother any of you! You need to learn respect and stop dissing other peoples spelling when it's not how you would like it to be. I've got respect, it's all of you cheeky muppets who are saying that I can't spell that need to learn respect.

Skullhunter,

I am showing you a great plethora of respect by not reverting to MSN. If I've got 50 stitches in my hand and can still type in proper form, the least you could do is type in complete sentances. You are showing no respect to those that would read your posts, most especially those from foreign countries that have a hard time with proper English. By continuing to utilize slang, you are dissing your own worth to this forum, in effect, marginalizing yourself.

Tac

[This message has been edited by taccovert4 (edited 05-18-2006 @ 08:34 AM).]

wlnoble
Legionary
posted 18 May 2006 12:11 EDT (US)     48 / 51       
@lazy 8, instead of reading all these messages, spend the hour cleaning Daddys car, or an extra hour at Macdonalds...then you can buy a new CD. Everyones happy
Lazy8s
Legionary
posted 20 May 2006 18:31 EDT (US)     49 / 51       
@D Furious:
First off your analogy is completely off. It's more analogous to losing the keys to your car and having to buy a whole new car. Why can't you pay like $2 and get a new key from Toyota? Or maybe I lose the power cord to my computer do I have to buy a whole new machine? If I lost my computer, or maybe uninstalled the game and lost the CD/box/everything I wouldn't expect it back but I still have the game installed so technically I still have the complete game, all I need is the CD to put in my drive so I can use it.

@meplaygames:
I already have 2 CD drives that hold CDs of games I play more regularly that also require CDs to play. It's a great idea, but so many games require CDs nowdays i's just getting harder to keep up with them all.

@wlnoble:
Your post probably wasn't meant to be condescending but it came off that way. I am a little too old to "clean daddy's car" and graduate school and my internship gets in the way of working at McDonalds. It's not about the money. I can certainly afford to buy another copy of the game. I just think it sucks that I already paid for it once and just cause I lost the CD I can't play the game anymore. It's still installed on my computer and everything. I mean why have a CD key if you have to have the CD to play it, right?

My real problem is that I DO want to support the manufacturers. I spent the money instead of borrowing it from someone and using a no-cd crack already. It feels like this goes completely unrewarded though. Like I said, I admit I could have easily kept track of the CD but you'd figure by registering my CD key or something they'd want to reward paying customers instead of making them less likely to pursue legal means in the future.

Anyways, I just bought a new copy for $19 any suggesions on good programs to make a backup copy? I saw a few on google but I don't have any experience with any of them so any suggestions would be great.

[This message has been edited by Lazy8s (edited 05-20-2006 @ 06:33 PM).]

yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 20 May 2006 19:36 EDT (US)     50 / 51       

Quote:

Anyways, I just bought a new copy for $19 any suggesions on good programs to make a backup copy? I saw a few on google but I don't have any experience with any of them so any suggestions would be great.

Sounds a good price.

I'd suggest Nero, but it's not freeware.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
Lazy8s
Legionary
posted 20 May 2006 20:37 EDT (US)     51 / 51       
Yeah I have nero, I just didn't know if I could make a straight-up ISO and have it work. It's kinda old though, like 5.5 I think.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames