Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Campaign: RtR Romans
Bottom
Topic Subject:Campaign: RtR Romans
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 27 March 2007 10:17 EDT (US)         
Ave Senators,

The campaign for a civilised world has only just began Senators, the year is only 280 BC and Phyrrus looms at our borders. Our Latin confederacy is confronted by enemies along our borders, the Gauls are still capable of wrecking havoc throughout our great lands, the Greek colonies loom to the south of our confederacy, Carthage has a foothold in the Mediterranian and Illyrian pirates threaten our shores...

Noble Senators I Call Apon You... We Must Act Against Anyone Who Threatens Our Independence, Republic Government and Honour... The Republic Requires Your Wise And Noble Knowledge To Guide Her Through These Moments In Our Glourius History... So Rise Up!!! Rise Up!!! And Support Your Republic!!!

So Noble Senators You Wish to Know What This Is? Well fellow Senators I will tell you... This thread is a roleplaying campaign where the forum frequenters can act as Senators, hurray! You will have direct imput over what exactly happens in my campaign as you are the SENATE!

Whenever the Republic is presented with dilemmas I, Consul Scipii, will bring them before you, the Senate. What I demand from you noble senators is the noble and wise judgement of you all... Although of course you are allowed to discuss the actions, or future actions the Republic should proceed doing, not just simply the choices I the noble Consul of Rome present to you, the wise Senate...

Guidelines
1. Address your Fellow Senators
Nothing serious but if your going to roleplay as my Senate please talk how Senators might... thanks!

2. Voting On Plans
The Senate can propose a strategy for the Republic to furfil... Say Senator Scipii wishes to raise a legion:

Motion 1: Yes, Raise a new legion for the Republic...
Motion 2: No, The Republic does not require a new legion...

(TRY TO BE REALISTIC in things you propose. Do not ask that rome invades Partha while rome doesn't even have Italy under control for example. This aar can only work if everyone cooperates)

3. Traits
your senators may develop traits over time, I may become a warmonger and wish to wage war on everyone who opposes Rome... Feel free to give us some knowledge of your character to help us understand his position, just try to keep it short since we are discussing moves for my Romans to make and stuff.

Regards,
Consul Scipii

Currently Awaiting the Senates Wishes...

AuthorReplies:
blaster fodder
Legionary
posted 27 March 2007 16:07 EDT (US)     1 / 72       
Aye, I understand that we are in quite, how you say, a delima. I think the correct course of action is to build 2 more legions. 1 of them specializing in barbarian fighting. and the other used againsts Phyrrus and his wicked beasts of wars. But these legions should not be used only for war time. They should be standing armies. each soldiar in each legion should be forced to stay in that legion for..... hmm.. 5 years? with pay of course, but not too much. They pay would on keep the men deserting. Fellow senators, secound my notion, to make roman borders safe, and fight against things that threaten our borders. PHYRRUS MUST BE STOPPED.
Sincerely, Senator Blaster Fodder.

Lost in a roman...wilderness of pain
And all the children are insane
AFF92
Legionary
posted 27 March 2007 17:16 EDT (US)     2 / 72       
I would advise that the whole of Italy be taken from the rebels and Greeks! Count on mercanaries from the land to bolster up the legions. Establish trade with other factions for more wealth.

Senator AFF

TAD ROX
blaster fodder
Legionary
posted 27 March 2007 17:38 EDT (US)     3 / 72       
I here bye second the motion of establishing, trade with other civilizations. We shall show those barbaric carthaginians, that we to may build up a trading empire. but I must disagree with senator AFF on the subject of getting rid of those rebels. We should worry about the more immenint threats. the gauls for example. We shall not take agreesive action against them, but we should bolsterour defences, because we know they will keep attacking, untill we destroy them. But we need to focus our armies on Phyrrus. I also disagree with hiring mercenaries. What if our treasury runs low? What if we have no money to pay them? We will face a revolt. We should race a profesional army, much like the spartan before us. being a soldier should be a career I think, not just when needed. As for those pirates, I reccomend making a deal with carthage. We could use there navy, no matter how barbaric we say they are, they are the kings of the seas. we can create some sort of deal, were we give bronze or even some silver for use of there naval resources. Any one second me? PHYRUSS MUST BE STOPPED!
Sincerely senator Blaster Fodder.

New Roman
Legionary
posted 27 March 2007 17:57 EDT (US)     4 / 72       
I agree that we must establish trade routes but we must take the rebel settlements to help the economy and we must use mercinarys to help hold off the Gauls, once we have the gauls at a stalemate we can then worry about an offensive against phyruss, but only once our other prioritys have been met.

Sincerely Senator New Roman

blaster fodder
Legionary
posted 27 March 2007 18:39 EDT (US)     5 / 72       
We should however construct a standing army. Today, we have an army when we get attacked, or attack some one else. we need an army ready for whatever. I mean, When we start a war with some one, a bunh of citizens sign up, and after a campaign, they go back home. Soldiaring needs to be a career, won you get paid for, but you must sign up for terms. Such as 5 years per soldiers. This will give us an army that is always ready, wether it be from border raids, or for campaigns against other factions. It is imperitive that we have proper protection from other threats, before we make more enemies. With a standing army, we won't need mercenaries, and will have a sense of pride. With standing armies revolts would be supressed quicker. Now please second me for the good, and future of Rome. There is also a situation of establishing a navy. Right now it should'nt be on our priority lists, but rather on our to do list. Right now we should focus on the matters at hand. Phyruss, and his evil beasts of war, and the barbaric gauls. PHYRUSS MUST BE STOPPED!
Sincerely,

Senator Blasterfodder.

New Roman
Legionary
posted 27 March 2007 18:44 EDT (US)     6 / 72       
I second these notions, Senator Blaster Fodder, however dont forget about the economy, without a good one we can support said armys.

Sincerely,
Senator New Roman

Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 27 March 2007 20:29 EDT (US)     7 / 72       
*Consul Scipii Strieds Upto the Podium, lays down his scroll containing his ideas*

Noble Senators, Your Wise Plans Of Actions I Applaud! That scourge of Rome called Phyrrus shall find hiself vanquished by the Republic for threatening our soverienty. Our economic bases shall be strengthened through the construction of vital infulstructure, which is still to be discussed by the Senate. We have recieved word from the Etrustcan (sp?) rebels to the north that shall we assists them against the ramping Gauls from the north they shall srengthen our Latin Confederacy with tribute, levies and other services.

Carthage has recently been sighted by our scouts to have moved towards the mainland of Italy from the island of Scily, but for the moment they threaten none of our so called Greek Allies on Scily or the provinces of Rome herself...

Noble, Wise Senators Now is The Time When You Can Have Your Voice Heard, Now Is The Time We Must Decide What Further Actions To Take, Now is The Time We Shall Head Towards Victory And The Survival of the Republic!!!

*sits down at his cold, hard chair awaiting the Sentates verdicts and motions*

Regards
Consul Scipii

New Roman
Legionary
posted 27 March 2007 20:46 EDT (US)     8 / 72       
Senator New Roman takes the podium,

Has Rome herself been degraded to strikeing deals with rebels? Certainly the gods would frown on such behavior. Why except tribute when we can have so much more. May any who decline the savior that is Roman rule feel the blades of our many men, be it Phyrrus, Carthage, Gaul or the Etrustcans.

VIVA, ROMA.

Senator New Roman takes his leave from the podium.

Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 27 March 2007 21:46 EDT (US)     9 / 72       
[quote]Senator New Roman takes the podium,

Has Rome herself been degraded to strikeing deals with rebels? Certainly the gods would frown on such behavior. Why except tribute when we can have so much more. May any who decline the savior that is Roman rule feel the blades of our many men, be it Phyrrus, Carthage, Gaul or the Etrustcans.

VIVA, ROMA.
Senator New Roman takes his leave from the podium. [/qoute]

Scrap that rebel stuff, rebel bashing doesn't really affect public relations in RTR realism like they would in history, we can be agressive aginst rebels and still have many factions like us unlike it might be in history with people hating us for being agressive.

regards,
Scipii

blaster fodder
Legionary
posted 27 March 2007 21:52 EDT (US)     10 / 72       
(After new romans speech, blasterfodder stands up and yells)
Here here, I second the motion. What will it look like to the world, when they see us, bargaining with these... these rebels? They will think, do we not have honor?, are we so week... so poor we cannot fight our own battles? Nay I say, we shall forcibly inflict our rules upon these... rebels. By bargining with them, we show these sub humans that they have earned our respect, that we think them as our equels.. we we should march our armies straight on every single one of those sub human rebels in the name of the gods, give them our demands and have them fulfill our demands, or drastic military actions will be taken. Fellow senators, I have a vision. When I think of rome, I don't see an alliance, between different latin city states, I see a Italy united over the roman eagles. I do not see, a rome that realies on, other cities, a rome were In order to have a strong army, we have to be in an alliance, no no no. Thats not what I see. Economy is important yes. And in order to build an army, we need money, which come from our economy, right? Well I say, we force, those week rebel towns, and other latin towns to pay us, to fund us. Just to show our power, to show were are stronger. With the money we get, I bring forth the idea, of a navy, and a standing army. The army most obviously comes first, but the navy would be imperitive to enforce the republics control over the peninsula. We should not need other towns to help make our descisions. It is time, we take firm action against all who does not treat the republic with respect, and fear, and acknowledge our supremeacy. Yes, our economy isnt the best its been. But i think we can sustain ourselves by... trading with those barbaric cartheginains. They are obviously the dominant trading, and naval power in the mediterranean. We could despitw what I said earlier go into an alliance with them, get part of there trade, buy some ships, and threaten all the other fledgling latin towns around us. We need no alliance with the weak. FOR THE POWER AND GLORY OF THE ROMAN REPUBLIC, DOES ANYONE SECOND MY MOTION!
PHYRUSS MUST BE DESTROYED!
From your fellow senator, and Roman,
Blaster Fodder.
(Edit: Lol sorry scipii, guess you wrote your last post while I was typing mine. can we just act like you psted your post after I posted mine?)

[This message has been edited by blaster fodder (edited 03-27-2007 @ 09:54 PM).]

dsmi1
Legionary
posted 27 March 2007 21:58 EDT (US)     11 / 72       
"I propose Phyrrus should be removed as soon as possible, he is too large a threat to leave idle. If he reinforces any more he shall become too dangerous and strong to defeat.

In the meantime, the borders to the north should be reinforced only to the point of defense from the Gauls. They are pathetic and shall only be dealt with after the South is secure.

Of course, anything regarding increased trade should be considered and put in place"

New Roman
Legionary
posted 27 March 2007 22:25 EDT (US)     12 / 72       
Senator New Roman retakes the podium inraged
Italian city states? PHAAA who are we the Greeks? Are we peoples who should spend our time fighting against each other rather than our common enemys? I WOULD THINK NOT!!!( the senator bangs his fist upon the podium) Why should we share power with those inferior to us when can rule as a single, stronger power, THE POWER OF ROME!!!

The Senator steps down from the podium to the cheers of his fellow Romans.

the spartan pro
Legionary
posted 28 March 2007 01:27 EDT (US)     13 / 72       
This senator takes the podium...

-="I like cheese"=-

Do not worry about any civil wars or unrest, as long as we keep the baths clean, and the arenas bloody, the people are happy.

As for our enemies...

We should not worry too much about the barbarians to the north, they are afraid of us, Romans. The best course of action would be to take the Roman islands, and shouth Italy from the carthagenians and the Greeks. If we do that first, we will no longer have two or three fronts, but only ONE front. When we have only ONE front, we will be able to concentrate all of our might on the filthy dogs up north and push all the way to the mountains!

Waits for a response.

[This message has been edited by the spartan pro (edited 03-28-2007 @ 01:27 AM).]

Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 28 March 2007 03:42 EDT (US)     14 / 72       
*Consul Scipii Strolls Towards The Podium and Takes His Position To Speak*

Ave Noble Senators! I second the motion to build vital infilstructure (sp?) to support our legions, finances and to strengthen our Republic and Confederacy... I also second as I mentioned the motion to take action against Phyrrus and the Tyrants towards the south of Italy and on the Scillian Island... the influx of income and military levies shall bolster our glourius Republic of Rome... THE REPUBLIC SHALL PROSPER I PROMISE YOU THAT!

While I agree that Phyrrus and his ""Greek"" states, which clearly wish to be liberated from the tyrants watching over them! But why shall we cour behind our walls when the Gallic (sp?) are Inferior in disipline, fighting equiptment, organisation and squabble amongst each other! Our census reports that our cities can support atleast another two legions which are not needed if swift action in the south of Italy is taken! We Have Talented Generals at Our Disposal Why Not Use Them!

WHY NOT SPREAD THE BEAUTY THAT IS THE REPUBLIC TO THOSE CLEARLY SUPPRESSED BY THOSES TYRANTS TO THE NORTH WHICH COULD PROVIDE VITAL MILITARY LEVIES AND ECONOMIC SUPPORT TO HELP SUSTAIN OUR GROWING LEGIONS!

*Consul Scipii strides away from the podium with the Senate pondering over his loud but decisive speach, hoping that atleast his own families down in Capua shall agree that Rome deserves the best she can get*

Regards,
Consul Scipii

nimbert
Legionary
posted 28 March 2007 07:13 EDT (US)     15 / 72       
Senator Nimbert, whose ancestors lie buried in the land of the Pharaohs, hauls his vast bulk into a standing position...

Senators, hear me! We must begin now to prepare for our war with Pyrrhus. The Gauls are of no consequence compared to this tyrannical Greek monster. His mighty beasts of war pose a serious threat to our armies and he must be defeated quickly, before he grows stronger. We need to take the rebel provinces to our south, build ports and roads and markets there to support the growing needs of our armies. We already have all the military infrastructure that we need to accomplish these immediate objectives. Let us concentrate on nurturing trade and commerce whilst we expand our territories southwards, towards the arch-enemy.

Pyrrhus must be destroyed and we must begin today.

Senator Nimbert sits down heavily, exhausted by his brief oration.

Hussarknight
Seraph Emeritus
posted 28 March 2007 09:18 EDT (US)     16 / 72       
Let us bring good Roman order to all those who do not have it right now. Let us take the rebel towns in Italy, both those to the north of our glorious Res Publica and those to the south.

Let us seek allies to aid us in our fight against Pyrrhus and his countrymen. The Illyrians, for one, seem worthy of being an ally to Roma.

Let us build an armoury in Rome, so that our soldiers will be equipped with the best weapons available. Let our soldiers crush our foes with the best swords, shields and spears in all the known world.

Let us improve our roads, so that trade may flourish and our soldiers will be able to march much faster.

And remember this above all: our Roman Gods are watching! Make sure they are not ashamed!

Hussarknight
Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 28 March 2007 09:35 EDT (US)     17 / 72       
*Applauds HussarKnight's strategy* Here!!! Here!!! *Applauds HussarKnight's strategy and approaches the podium*

That Tyrant and Scourge of Rome entitled Phyrrus wishes to sue peace with our glourius Republic... You know What I Wish To Say??? I SAY HE MUST PAY FOR HIS EVIL, DAEMONIC AND WICKEDLY DEEDS! EVERY LAST SUPPORTER OF PHYRUSS SHOULD BE HUNTED DOWN LIKE DOGS FOR WISHING TO DESTROY OUR SOVERIENTY!

Yet as i speak the Gallic Tribes have managed to organise a rabble of warbands that at this moment are settled near Mediolanium poised to strike at our lovely captil of freedom called Rome! The Securing of Northern Italy is vital as the chock points the alpine passes offer our commanders and defences will greatly help secure our nation from fighting over three or more fronts... the trade and extra military levies these provinces will offer our Republic will help fund our war agianst the traitorus Greeks who support Phyrrus on the Scillian island!

*Returns to the his seat amongst the senators*

Regards,
Scipii

New Roman
Legionary
posted 28 March 2007 11:23 EDT (US)     18 / 72       
Senator New Roman takes his place at the podium

Alas, We must seek alliance with the Cartaginians . They can help us to fight off Phyrrus on Sicily while we conqure the rebel states and secure our Northern boarders against the Gallic tribesmen and after they have been delt with we can foucus on Carthage. Trade is a must, we should seek trade rights with civilized people like the Cathaginians to power our massive armies.

nimbert
Legionary
posted 28 March 2007 11:40 EDT (US)     19 / 72       
Senator Nimbert hauls himself to his feet once more...

Yes, Senators, we do need to deal with the Gallic rabble who occupy the lands to the north, lands that are rightly ours. But first we have much more urgent matters to deal with in the south. The Gauls fear to encroach further and we should use their hesitancy to our advantage and focus our attention southwards. Consul Scipii, have we dispatched our spies yet?

Senator Hussarknight has spoken of an alliance with Illyria and I agree. Let us send an envoy eastwards with that objective in mind. Grant him powers also to make trade agreements with all he meets, even the Gauls! They will relish the profits they make by trading with us and that will buy us valuable time, time we need to deal with the Greek tyrant in the south, time in which we can grow ever stronger, time to become an economic and military powerhouse that will grow into an irresistable force for good in the world. I foresee a time when all the nations of the world will be but one, a time when all men will be equal before the gods of Rome. Er, except for those bloody Greeks, of course.

Wearily, Nimbert plonks himself down again.

Celtic_Warlord
Legionary
posted 28 March 2007 15:10 EDT (US)     20 / 72       
*Senator Celtic Warlord enters the hall and takes the podium*

Forgive my lateness Senators of Rome but i have just arrived from the northern border. They are indeed under threat from Gallic raiders. We must mobilize some leigons to destroy the Italian Gauls before they get the chance to destory us! Then we may return our eyes to Phyrrus who may indeed sueing for peace but we shall not give it to them! Also on another matter, the upgrade of our soldiers would be an idea. Thank you for listening.

*Returns to his designated seat*

[This message has been edited by Celtic_Warlord (edited 03-28-2007 @ 03:11 PM).]

blaster fodder
Legionary
posted 28 March 2007 15:20 EDT (US)     21 / 72       
Fellow senators, am I the only one, that sees a rome that rules the italian peninsula? If there are others, you must second me in saying that we shouldnt relie on other latin city states, yes city states in the GREEK term, we should grab the elephant by the tusks. WE should be come a new world order, now please remember my comments I have stated before, and second my motion, in is for the power and glory of rome. PHYRUSS MUST BE STOPPED!

New Roman
Legionary
posted 28 March 2007 16:36 EDT (US)     22 / 72       
After the speech of fellow Senator Blaster Fodder, Senator New Roman jumps to his feet.

Here, here, Senator Blaster Fodder your pleas fall not on deaf ears, I to see an Italy unified under Roman rule. Who are we to deny the people of Italy the rulers they deserve, Roman rulers. And yes PHYRUSS MUST BE STOPPED! May Mars smile upon his sons in the battles to come!!! VIVA ROMA!!!!

With that the senator takes his seat among his pondering countrymen.

Celtic_Warlord
Legionary
posted 28 March 2007 16:50 EDT (US)     23 / 72       
*Senator Celtic Warlord goes to the stand*

I have been contemplating the situation and i now think that we should get rid of Phyrrus before we work our way up to Gaul. They are after all weak up there an compared to our armies they will crumble. I support Blaster Fodder's plan for war with Phyrrus. Lets give them hell!

*Slightly twitching, a very excited, Celtic Warlord returns to his place*

New Roman
Legionary
posted 28 March 2007 19:41 EDT (US)     24 / 72       
The Senator again stands to support his fellow senators Celtic_Warlord and Blaster Fodder

ON TO PHYRUSS!!!! LET THEM KNOW NOT THE END OF ROMAN HATRED TOWARD THEIR KIND!!!!!

The Senator takes his place among his chearing fellow Romans

Scipii
TWH Seraph
posted 28 March 2007 20:34 EDT (US)     25 / 72       
*Adress the senate from the podium*

As I speak Phyrrus is trapped inside Tarentum besieged by the Republic's 1st Consular Legions... Phyrrus still sues for peace but I SHALL SHOW HIM NO MERCY! The Greek Cities along the Italian and Scillian Coast are drained of funding with Carthage waging war against Syracuse (sp?) and the other Geek colonies. I Demand We Seize (sp?) The Oppertuniy (sp?) To Unite The Italian Mainland Under Our Sovereinty And Republic Rule! what are your thoughts on this motion?

Our Economy prospers as our provinces thrive with the new economic buildings constructed and are people are happy with the attention the gods have gotten. Our next upgrades on the agenda are upgrading everyone with better blacksmiths and military services. For now Rome supplies the bulk of our troops with Roman honour and Courage more reliable then that of our mercenaries and allied legions.

So Let Us Strike Forth Into Liberating More Cities From Their Tyrants And Giving Them The Sovereinty Of The Republic...

*steps down and returns to the seat* *speaks to senate: ONE LAST THING THE SPIES ARE READY FOR ACTION*

Regards,
Consul Scipii

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames