Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Holland: Total War
Bottom
Topic Subject:Holland: Total War
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 04 October 2016 04:19 EDT (US)         
Hi all,

first of all, seems there are still guys playing Rome: Total War. Yes i know, the game is epic and I'm playing it still too.

Im currently creating a new mod for Rome: Total War.

It is called: Holland: Total War.

The mod (as the name says) is a mod based on the provinces in the Netherlands (my home country).

Its almost finished now, and I really want you guys to play it. It is a totally rework with even an own campaign map. The mod is too big to upload on this site, so I will upload it to mediafire and give you the link below.

I hope there are some people who wants to try it :P

Sincerely, Dagovax
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 04 October 2016 10:46 EDT (US)     1 / 52       
You could try breaking it into sections (text files and half the graphics in one package, the rest in part II) and Upload it into our Downloads Center.

(do more people than just me think that funny?)

Exactly how big is you mod? Are you using mod:switch to change certain files, or did you redo all of R:TW into H:TW?

See sig. I live in the Provinces as well, southwest of Matilo, west of Traiechtum and Albiania, right near Lugdunum Batavorum, though I hail from distant Thule and points North.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 05 October 2016 03:08 EDT (US)     2 / 52       
Quite interesting that Dutch (Roman) city names. I have to warn you that my mod isnt't historical. It's just based on the Netherlands. (see it as an other dimension or something lol).

I just need to remake 2 more factions (Noord-Holland and Limburg), en then there are some other extra's I need to make. (Like events on campaign map and such things).

The mod is a modfolder, so I had to edit 3.195 files so far, totally 962 MB. So when completed the mod is above 1 GB.

And yes, it's a totally redo

I need to make screenshots I think so you guys know what you can expect
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 17 October 2016 09:30 EDT (US)     3 / 52       
Hi,

I am now almost finished with my mod.
I only need to change some little things.

I created an intro:

Holland: Total War (Intro)

Sincerely,

Dagovax

[This message has been edited by Dagovax (edited 11-03-2016 @ 08:36 AM).]

UrbanEngine
Legionary
posted 18 October 2016 08:31 EDT (US)     4 / 52       
Just wanted to post that I will be giving the mod a go once I dig out my old RTW discs.

Thanks for continuing to bring life to a great game man.

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 18 October 2016 12:12 EDT (US)     5 / 52       
Echo the above.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 19 October 2016 16:09 EDT (US)     6 / 52       
Thank you guys, I really appreciate it. Today I finished 'creating' the last faction. Only thing I need to do now is adding some events etc.

Terikel, I discovered today that I had placed 2 videos in my modfolder which doesn't belong there. (So max folder size is now around 500mb)

Am I still able to upload it to the download section here? I want the complete folder in a .zip file because that is easier to handle for downloaders
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 20 October 2016 11:56 EDT (US)     7 / 52       
The current cap is 256MB. I will see if I can work something out to bump that.

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 21 October 2016 03:50 EDT (US)     8 / 52       
Thank you Terikel,

I am currently struggling with the Marian Reforms event. I added armoured bodyguards, but they will never appear in the campaign map because I removed the roman faction

(the slaves however are still roman, and I already gave them roman cities with the italy resource.)

Don't' know how to solve it, I think I should let it be as it is
UrbanEngine
Legionary
posted 21 October 2016 07:43 EDT (US)     9 / 52       
It's been a long while since my RTW modding days, but is there not a way to edit the Marion reform event triggers?

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 21 October 2016 14:02 EDT (US)     10 / 52       
I searched on the forums and I found out that the event us hard-coded. It automatically happens when the Romans (with I believe the hidden Italy resource) build an Imperial Palace.

I tried it but it didn't work out.
I also tried to add it to descr_events.txt but that caused a ctd.

The mod is finished now. It's just over 500mb (can't make it smaller)
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 24 October 2016 20:53 EDT (US)     11 / 52       
While it may not give your family members Armoured Bodyguards, you can add them as a trainable unit in the export_descr_buildings file without the "marian reforms required" variable. That way, you can recruit bodyguard units- that come with a general (non-family tree character)- with the Armoured Bodyguards.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 25 October 2016 02:14 EDT (US)     12 / 52       
Thanks for your reply.

Yep, I already thought about that. However, I have all factions now split in 2 cultures: Barbarian and Greek.

It is unfair for the barbarian factions, because they will never reach a Huge City (when I add the armoured bodyguards, it will only be trainable when having Huge City)

So thanks again, I think I will let it be as it is now. The armoured bodyguards are still playable in custom battles.

You can download Holland: Total War on my website. Please don't forget to give a comment

[This message has been edited by Dagovax (edited 11-03-2016 @ 08:37 AM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 25 October 2016 11:31 EDT (US)     13 / 52       
Remember that barbarians can capture a huge city.

I modded my game to give the Germanics artillery- but not the ability to build a catapult range. If they wanted onagers, they would have to capture a city that had an catapult range. Otherwise they cannot recruit them.

Barbarians are clever at copying what they cannot themselves create.

So were the Romans, for that matter.

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 25 October 2016 12:03 EDT (US)     14 / 52       
Yep maybe I will add it in the future xD

For now, the mod is online and downloadable from my official website

https://sirrianusdagovax.wordpress.com/holland-total-war/

[This message has been edited by Dagovax (edited 11-03-2016 @ 08:38 AM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 27 October 2016 10:41 EDT (US)     15 / 52       
I have not heard back yet, but since the mod is available and downloadable already, we can wait.

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 27 October 2016 11:04 EDT (US)     16 / 52       
Where are you waiting for? sounds like a misunderstanding I guess...
Did you download the mod already?

[This message has been edited by Dagovax (edited 10-28-2016 @ 03:22 AM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 29 October 2016 08:45 EDT (US)     17 / 52       
I am hoping we can host the mod here as well. That is the wait.

I had a system crash a while back, and am still piecing things together in my spare time. One of the things I need to piece back together is my RTW. I re-installed the game and it mostly works, but there are still some tweaks to apply before I can put in a new mod. But I will get to it.

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 29 October 2016 10:11 EDT (US)     18 / 52       
Yep it would be nice to have my mod here on heavengames.

I fixed one problem in my mod. I will not update it yet before I am able to upload it.

As you might know there is a problem with the britons. When they are playing the AI they aren't attacking anyone, even with prefer_naval_invasion enabled.

So I added a script (my first one ever pff) that will help the British AI a little bit (giving them 2 cities in the North)
Of course this script only work if the player hit the show me how button

[This message has been edited by Dagovax (edited 10-29-2016 @ 04:02 PM).]

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 03 November 2016 08:46 EDT (US)     19 / 52       
For all guys who already downloaded my mod. My excuses if you have (some) bugs.

Go to my website to download the last updated version.

You don't need to update, but you might have some bugs if you don't update it.
I already fixed this bugs:

+ I deleted preferences,saves and replays folder. (so you don't have my corrupted saves and replays. And I deleted the preferences folder because it then load your own computer preferences.

+ CTD when trying to do a Quick Battle

+ Added the script where I was talking about

important note: If you used the intro movie swapper, turn it back to vanilla before deleting the folder, and pasting the new one. Otherwise, you will lose the original intro movies
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 15 November 2016 15:24 EDT (US)     20 / 52       
Terikel, did u already watch the intro (maybe even played the mod)?

I'm still waiting for some feedback, I spent a lot of time in it
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 16 November 2016 05:43 EDT (US)     21 / 52       
Not yet.

Real LifeTM is biting me in the ass.

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 16 November 2016 07:12 EDT (US)     22 / 52       
Ok

Btw, how can I create a gallery here on rtw heaven? I have some screenshots ready...
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 19 November 2016 08:38 EDT (US)     23 / 52       
Parts of our gallery failed to make the move to the new servers. The main part that failed was the thumbnail generator. The damned thing will not let us upload any files now, because it can't produce the thumbnail.

So we are left with some unpleasant choices. The easiest one is open a Photobucket or Image Shack account and post the links.

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 20 November 2016 06:17 EDT (US)     24 / 52       
Okay, I uploaded some screenshots to my website. You can find them here:

http://sirrianusdagovax.wordpress.com/holland-total-war/
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 20 November 2016 09:42 EDT (US)     25 / 52       
I like those units! The icons/standards are fabuluously clear and well-detailed.

Great job overall.

I saw hand axes, and crossbows. Have you crossed in some pieces out of Medieval Total War?

The Leopards were of course awesome. What kind of range did you give them? But why, with HE shells, did only four people get blown up? A solid rock does that with its impact...

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames