Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Holland: Total War
Bottom
Topic Subject:Holland: Total War
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 04 October 2016 04:19 EDT (US)         
Hi all,

first of all, seems there are still guys playing Rome: Total War. Yes i know, the game is epic and I'm playing it still too.

Im currently creating a new mod for Rome: Total War.

It is called: Holland: Total War.

The mod (as the name says) is a mod based on the provinces in the Netherlands (my home country).

Its almost finished now, and I really want you guys to play it. It is a totally rework with even an own campaign map. The mod is too big to upload on this site, so I will upload it to mediafire and give you the link below.

I hope there are some people who wants to try it :P

Sincerely, Dagovax
AuthorReplies:
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 20 November 2016 15:36 EDT (US)     26 / 52       
They are actually Tiger-1 (It was the first free downloadable tand for 3ds max I crossed. And yep, I know the Netherlands never had such tanks)

I just tried something with that ugly ammo model I created(lol).It's the cheat unit that replaced the cheat oliphants. I tested them in battle, and they are still OP, but defeatable by cavalry.

I have LotRTW installed, and used some models. For the crossbows I used a mod from this server (credits for that guy ofc). And for axeman I used BI. After I installed 3ds max I could edit the models and create new ones.

Thx btw for nice feedback (so far).
Only struggle now is that I can't find sound lines for the scorpion card (the mount that I turned into Tiger I) so the tigers don't have sounds now.
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 23 November 2016 12:53 EDT (US)     27 / 52       
So, does anyone know how to add/change the sounds for the scorpion_card?? (It's localised in descr_mount.txt

It's actually an engine mounted on a chariot, and I can't find the place to change it...

Any help is welcome, and ofc we all want real tiger sounds in the game
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 25 November 2016 10:58 EDT (US)     28 / 52       
SubRosa and I working on Vikings. She borrowed the throwing axes from the Franks in BI, then created swords for them when in melee mode. She was a real genius at modding.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 26 November 2016 07:45 EDT (US)     29 / 52       
I already found a way to edit the sounds. The only problem is: I dont know which one to change.

In descr_mount.txt the scorpion_card is a class. It seems there is somewhere in the files a file that tells some info about that class.

I don't know where to look
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 21 December 2016 16:00 EDT (US)     30 / 52       
Hmm there are still no comments, likes or dislikes for my mod. I know at least 7 people downloaded it...
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 23 December 2016 04:06 EDT (US)     31 / 52       
Eight.

I had to make space on my disk first.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 24 December 2016 01:57 EDT (US)     32 / 52       
Okay nice
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 24 December 2016 07:16 EDT (US)     33 / 52       
Now I need to find the time to install it and then after that more time to play it.

The download went easy, though.

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 02 January 2017 15:34 EDT (US)     34 / 52       
LoL, I started a new campaign today, playing Noord-Hollandians. Quite nice heavy swordsman actually;
they seems to be very useful against all the surrounding factions, which are trying to defeat my faction.

Love my own mod lol

Dagovax ~ creator of Holland : Total War
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 07 January 2017 02:27 EDT (US)     35 / 52       
Okay, I tried to trigger the marian reforms for the rebels, but it won't work: for some reason the rebel towns turn into barbarian.

I have one faction that remained unmodded so far; I will turn that one in an unplayable France That faction will be the marian reform trigger
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 10 January 2017 04:59 EDT (US)     36 / 52       
It worked!

I created the French with exotic units (more like the napoleonic war) and now the marian reform is triggered when they build their first imperial palace.

I am now fixing the 'off map' models, as they are the same as vanilla. Seeing a pyramid in the Netherlands is funny though
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 10 January 2017 11:08 EDT (US)     37 / 52       
A new form of the Utrechtse Heuvelrug?

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 10 January 2017 12:51 EDT (US)     38 / 52       
Yes lol. Nah I edited the 2 landmarks I had.

Btw I am sometimes streaming on twitch.tv/ardwin22

You can watch the last videos as well
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 27 January 2017 07:28 EDT (US)     39 / 52       
I updated my mod, now the French are very nice looking units.

Other things that are changed:

+ Rebalanced the unit costs in custom battles.
+ Updated the unit cards for some units
+ Tried to play my mod on multiplayer with friends (it is working with gameranger. Explanation how to play my mod mp will arrive soon)
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 07 February 2017 15:06 EDT (US)     40 / 52       
Funny that I'm still patching my mod.

It's the common problem for modders I guess...

...starting with the mod to make it workable, but without good looking details. Currently I am remaking most of the unit cards, as they were very ugly (made bij using printscreen and edining with photoshop).

Now I am a rtw based 'professional' modder using 3ds max with animation rendering. It's even funnier to do too!
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 08 February 2017 11:55 EDT (US)     41 / 52       
Let us know when Holland: Total War 2.0 is ready.

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 03 April 2017 05:25 EDT (US)     42 / 52       
And here are some patch notes for Holland: Total War 2.0

+ Created an unhistorical landbridge in the western sea, to connect Britain with France, and France with the rest (this is needed to let that factions do something)

+ Replaced the desert in Belgium with a forests on hills (this looks more like the real Belgium now)

+ Reworked unit cards (rendered 3ds Max version instead of screenshots)

+ Marian reform addition by scripting resources for France (which is the only faction who can trigger the event)

+ Winter everywhere, not only in the North

Only 1 more thing to do now until patch 2.0 is completed: the unit_info cards. They are screenshots now, but I found the gras piece from the real RTW developpers, so I need to render the images for all units again. For instance:

Old

New

Dagovax

[This message has been edited by Dagovax (edited 04-03-2017 @ 10:24 AM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 04 April 2017 12:52 EDT (US)     43 / 52       
Landbridge? You were not able to get Preferences:Prefer Seaborn Invasions working? (or whatever it was called)

Usually you enable seaborne invasions, then set a task or mission for them to conquer hidden resource "other guy's capital".

Was that not possible here?

Failing that, making a landbridge underwater (long-ass ford) should do the trick without being too ahistoric.

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 04 April 2017 13:50 EDT (US)     44 / 52       
What do you mean with:

"Failing that, making a landbridge underwater (long-ass ford) should do the trick without being too ahistoric."?

I don't know how fix that..

And about the enabling of the naval invasion, it doesn't help anything.

[This message has been edited by Dagovax (edited 04-04-2017 @ 01:55 PM).]

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 06 April 2017 12:08 EDT (US)     45 / 52       
Fords are crossing places that are in the water.

Isn't there a way to target a faction? To make another faction attack a certain one? I think there is, but it has been far too long since I tinkered with that.

With naval invasions enabled, and targeting a city on the other side of the water, that should generate the necessary fighting, toch?

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 06 April 2017 12:44 EDT (US)     46 / 52       
Ja toch? Lol laten we dit in het Engels houden :P

I only know the Senate missions, which indeed give a Roman faction a mission. However, that's not working because there is no senate.

I haven't seen another city targeting system in the game. If you know one, please tell. It's looking weird now as it is not the Netherlands anymore (at least at the west of the coast)
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 08 May 2017 06:48 EDT (US)     47 / 52       
Holland: Total War 2.0 has been released!

Check my website for the download link, and patch notes

If you already have Holland: Total War installed, I recommend to delete it first, or overwriting it.

(and don't forget to run the movie swapper before deleting anything)

Sincerely,

Dagovax
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 30 January 2018 13:21 EDT (US)     48 / 52       
Hi all,

I picked up the work on my mod again. I am currently doing those things:

- Creating a ballista whit as missile the log of the tortoise ram (Everything is ready but the model of the ballista itself

- Changed the animation for the standard barear when he performs an attack while charging (standard anim is just copy from other unit)

If you want some pics or vids, feel free to ask!

Any other suggestion for my mod?

Dagovax
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 06 February 2018 02:24 EDT (US)     49 / 52       
Well okay lol
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 06 February 2018 10:42 EDT (US)     50 / 52       
Do some of the Dutch troops use the legendary cheese-helmet?

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 15 February 2018 15:10 EDT (US)     51 / 52       
I listened to you Terikel:

I removed the land bridge. But I had to move French faction, so I increased the map size in the south and the west. Now Great-Brittain got the eastern part of the island (whith cliffs).

I also completed the Ramhead Ballistas. Looks funny and is ofc special unit.

If you want to see the result, I can make a youtube vid from it

Dagovax
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 14 March 2018 03:00 EDT (US)     52 / 52       
Version 3.1 is out!!

You can download the newest version here.

Download the latest complete version (3.1) and run the installer. This update contains the following:

+ Removed land bridge and reworked the campaign map. Now U.K. is
as it needs to be. France is placed on new southern part of
the map.

+ Added first bunch of own buildings. These buildings can be
built when the city where the building is located, reaches
huge city. These buildings can be seen on the battle map too.

The first bunch of buildings are:
- Assen District Court -> Constructable in Assen
- Dom Tower -> Constructable in Utrecht
- Central Pharmacy Leeuwarden-> Constructable in Leeuwarden
- National Monument -> Constructable in Amsterdam
- Martini Tower -> Constructable in Groningen

+ Added 'epic' units for each faction with a special building
- Court Guards
- Dom Axemen
- Pharmacy Cavalry
- Ramhead Ballistas
- Martini Spearmen