Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Total War : 1942
Bottom
Topic Subject:Total War : 1942
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 10 April 2018 01:14 EDT (US)         
Hi people,

There is a new upcomming mod!

As the title says, the mod is in the middle of the Second World War. There will be different 'provincial campaigns', all historical battlefronts.

Together with another modder (he asked me if I could create more tanks) we are developing the mod. There are already a couple of videos to give you an idea what you can expect on the battlefield

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXq0qwEpuf5AsMc4lyKYVSzSF-wC1djrI
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 10 April 2018 11:20 EDT (US)     1 / 15       
This sounds really interesting!

I can understand the mechanics of how tanks work (ranged cavalry, in essence) and of course Infantry (archers with diferent weapons). I really want to know hoe you intend to get airplanes and artillery worked in.

Aeroplanes were a major influence on the war. Ask anybody in Dresden or the Ruhr. And artillery has a range that would put if off of most tactical maps, km's behind, with observers forward to spot the rounds. Artillery was not the King of Battle for nothing, especially with VT fuzes and airburst ability. Lots of dead guys can testify to that.

I am inttrigued to know if these items will be in the game, or will it basically be infantry and tanks?

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 11 April 2018 00:42 EDT (US)     2 / 15       
The other modder is testing with planes, but they are hard to create.

I already have some artillery for usa units. And mortars too. There are based on an engine.

Watch this video:

https://youtu.be/ZbIsjdVGZYA
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 14 April 2018 04:18 EDT (US)     3 / 15       
Mortars I can understand- extremely short-range, high arcs, relatively easy to code. The average artillery piece of WWII era had an effective range of over 10 kms- will your tactical maps be that size? (Modern artillery can boost over 22 kms)

Airplanes- fighter-bombers and strafing fighters- have a range of over 500 miles, and speeds far in excess of those of the ground fources beneath them, even when strafing. Like I said, a challenge. And Anti-aircraft fire? M2 machine guns on tanks and jeeps have been known to knock down the occasional fighter.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 16 April 2018 01:02 EDT (US)     4 / 15       
Yes I already created a flak 38 as AA for germans, but need to figure how to make it a static backline weapon.

Dont forgot it is on a RTW engine. Not everything is possible..
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 16 April 2018 11:38 EDT (US)     5 / 15       
That was my concern. How much 'modern weaponry' can the ancient RTW engine handle?

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 17 April 2018 10:20 EDT (US)     6 / 15       
I found models that are low polygon but are nice looking. So a small file size with not too low quality.

Have you seen some vids?
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 18 April 2018 12:12 EDT (US)     7 / 15       
I tried, but my computer doesn't do Youtube really well.

I need a new browser, and a hardware upgrade in order to handle the new browser.

Sometimes I just hate progress.

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 19 April 2018 00:36 EDT (US)     8 / 15       
Wondering what build you have that you cant process YouTube 0,0

Also, nowadays smartphones will provide YouTube very well
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 19 April 2018 11:33 EDT (US)     9 / 15       
My telephone is a little tiny brick that used to say Nokia on it before it got scratched off over the years. I know what letters are where on which keys without having to read them- can't read them because they too wore off years ago.

Still, I tried.

I asked it to do a Google search for Youtube.

It asked, 'what is Google? and you what?'

I replied, that thing on the Internet that helps people find things.

It said, 'what is an Internet? Can you not just SMS instead?'

I need a new phone.

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 22 April 2018 16:09 EDT (US)     10 / 15       
Probably...
Dagovax
Legionary
posted 24 April 2018 13:36 EDT (US)     11 / 15       
Do you want me to post some pictures with the current stuff?
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 25 April 2018 11:20 EDT (US)     12 / 15       
That would be nice.

My ancient computer can handle still photographs.

Dagovax
Legionary
posted 28 May 2018 16:01 EDT (US)     13 / 15       
Hi,

A little bit late, but I have a lot of work to do, and the mod is..

Well I'm even confused by my own work

Here are some screenshots and videos for the people who can play them :P

This is assault infantry, with own animations

This is heavy artillery, for German the Pak40

As you can see, we already added the Willy the allied factions, and for Axis we have Kubelwagen (Third Reich) and Blackmedal for Japanese Empire

Secret weapon for the USSR

There are a bunch of new animations for a lot of units, including for these rocket launchers

And ofc motorcycles! Also with sounds etc.

Where the story started... Somebody asked me to create more tanks. Now there are already 7 different tank types, and more are comming!

I also managed to create an airplane, which is ofc flying in the air. Spitfire and mustangs can be easily implemented this way. There are also plans for heavy bomberse

Below the planes you can see landingcrafts, which are one of the newest implementations. We are currently busy with ships!

And one of those ships is the Iowa-class battleship from USA

And the HMS Prince of Wales, the first historical implemented battleship

A single salvo from the Prince of Wales!

And the most nicely thing so far.....

Battleship IJN Yamato!

[PNG, (3.07 MB)]

I hope all of you like the pics so far

This is a video showing the battleships in action!

https://youtu.be/wozXiy1V32g

[This message has been edited by Dagovax (edited 05-28-2018 @ 04:03 PM).]

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 29 May 2018 18:05 EDT (US)     14 / 15       
Wow Dag, that looks quite epic, although i must admit the picture of the Ships on the fields made me do a double take.

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 31 May 2018 11:50 EDT (US)     15 / 15       
They will indeed look much better in the water. But for now- WAUW!

The detail on the models looks extremely historically friendly. The distance of the first roadwheel of the tanks versus the rest- it was so. The Yamato and Zeroes- outstanding!

The bazooka boys also had that historically-accurate feel, though bazookas and Panzerfausts were not used en masse by any unit in any army. (I am sure the RTW engine had something to do with that- it is infinitely forgiveable, especially since everything looks so damned good! My comment was basically to shut down the history hounds who would be biting at my heels had I overlooked this)

I love the in-flight photo of the salvo from the PoW. Great timing!

I am impressed so far. This is not something I write lightly, either, so feel honored. Very honored. You have earned it.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames