You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome: Total War Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome: Total War Discussion » Questions about the Battle Editor
Bottom
Topic Subject:Questions about the Battle Editor
jgenard
Legionary
posted 06 March 2019 12:26 EDT (US)         
Hi,
I've been having some fun creating Historical Battles (mainly in BI, but I assume it's the same in RTW) and I just can't seem to find what exactly decides the army you play as in the Battle Editor battles. Is it simply the first army you physically put down on the field? Or is it some other aspect?
Also, I'm playing the game on a laptop, without a 'delete' key, so I think I simply can't delete units I've just put on the battlefield. Is there some other way to do that?

P.S.: I'm sorry if this shouldn't be here, but I couldn't find a more suitable place. Feel free to delete this or move the thread if this is annoying.
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 07 March 2019 12:00 EDT (US)     1 / 5       
Its been a while since I toyed with the Historical Battles, or do you mean Custom Battles that you set up to reflect historical encounters?

In Custom Battle you can let the computer decide the opposing forces, or you can select them yourself. Then start the battle and save it, and it is there to play anytime you want.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
jgenard
Legionary
posted 08 March 2019 07:57 EDT (US)     2 / 5       
No, I specifically mean battles created in the battle editor. I can create and afterwards easily load them in the game, but there doesn't seem to be any external evidence of them existing (and therefore can't edit them, annoyingly) in the data folder.
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 08 March 2019 14:07 EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Those kinds of things are saved in game format, not text files you can edit.

I fear that you must experiment with it to decide what plays as what. My intuition says the first army you create is that for the player, and the rest (if more than one) are the opposing sides.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
jgenard
Legionary
posted 11 March 2019 15:25 EDT (US)     4 / 5       
Alright man, thanks. I'll figure it out!
Btw, I was rummaging around the data folder, and I found a tga file holding buttons for a strategy/campaign map editor. This would be the coolest thing ever.
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
posted 14 March 2019 14:35 EDT (US)     5 / 5       
There is a downloadable program somewhere that allows you to create your own campaign map- and associated provinces- or edit existing ones.

That's how they made mods like Viking Invasion II and Rome:Total Realism. We were intending to use it for our own group mod- Roman Revival- but when our modders went into the armed services in Real Life, they took their knowledge and progras with them. Point is, the program exists. Somewhere.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames