You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.29 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Bardic Circle - War Stories & AAR forum » Sepia Joust II - The Memoirs of...
Bottom
Topic Subject:Sepia Joust II - The Memoirs of...
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 13 May 2009 04:55 EDT (US)         
The Sepia Jousts continue with Joust II- the Memoirs.

Genre: Diary / Journal / Memoirs
Target Length: Any
Submission Date: on or about 31 August 2009
Submission Place: Sepia Joust II Submission Thread

Special Instructions: Entrants will be the Memoirs / Diary / Journal of someone somewhere sometime in the distant past that sheds light on a specific and notable event.

They need not be the diary of a famous person themselves, but must be of someone close to the famous person so as to detail the motives and thoughts of the famous/infamous person doing whatever it was that made him/her famous/infamous.

Examples: Varro at Cannae, Vercingetorix's brother at Alesia, Vindex in 68, Spartacus dealing with the Messanine Pirates, The slave of Crassus at Carrhae, Lucullus at Tigranocerta, etc. Be creative.

Voting criteria: Voters will consider grammar, historical accuracy, enthusiasm shown in the writing, and interest generated during its read as well as the general feel of the piece.

Voting Rules are simple- only those entering pieces may vote, entrants are required to vote, and entrants may not vote for themselves. If three or less people enter, then Voting may be opened to the Public. The vote of a member of the Guild of the Skalds counts twice, should he/she so desire- very useful in deciding ties.

Voting occurs in its own thread after the Submissions thread is locked.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 06-12-2009 @ 05:01 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 15 September 2009 11:18 EDT (US)     26 / 29       
Your vote does count twice, you must vote, but you may not vote for yourself. See the rules.

However, the same applies to me.

We cancel each other out, which is why this Joust's voting is open to the public.
Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 15 September 2009 12:36 EDT (US)     27 / 29       
I would probably have voted for you anyway. Voting for myself would be wrong for two reasons:

1) It would be dishonourable.
2) Your tale was probably better than mine anyway.

EDORIX
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

*tegos, -esos, noun, neuter. house.
Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 29 September 2009 11:57 EDT (US)     28 / 29       
Well, congratulations of the victory, Terikel.

Bloody bragging rights.

I fought, but the best man won, so well done.

Next time the Sepia Jousts come around, the Lone Wolf will rise again!

EDORIX
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

*tegos, -esos, noun, neuter. house.
vampiric canniba
Legionary
posted 29 September 2009 17:42 EDT (US)     29 / 29       
[wrestling announcer voice] the winner of this match, and still the Sepia Joust Champion... TERIKEL GRAYHAIR! [/wrestling announcer voice]

you like something both hardcore and whack
2009 RLT & ETWH Craziest Forummer Award!
I had to remove the excessive numbers of smilies I used la VampiricCannibal so as not to inconvenience low bandwidth users too much... - Edorix
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames