Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Multiplayer Discussion » Forum Party
Bottom
Topic Subject:Forum Party
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Jax
HG Monument
(id: Jax Omen)
posted 01 April 2005 16:58 EDT (US)         
Ok, so there hasn't been a thread about it yet, and I was wondering when it will be tommorow. Did we decide to have it at 5BST or 6BST because of Daylight Savings? I assume there still will be one tommorow?

*Hijacks thread for Ueriah*

Where: Chat Lobby
Password : rndpwd
Session 1 : 12:00 noon EST / 5:00 pm GMT
Session 2 : 8:00 pm EST / 1:00 am GMT

It's that time again! Come lock horns with the HG Staff and the Irregular Regulars to see how you fare!

The times will be the same as always. If you adjust your clock at the appropriate times, you won't have any problems missing the games.

house won this

[This message has been edited by Adder (edited 04-01-2005 @ 05:48 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
General Tomzilla
Legionary
posted 02 April 2005 19:49 EDT (US)     26 / 48       
The first game was my best victory. The second game was my worst defeat. In the second, I saw that I was beaten from the beginning, so I sent all my men in a single charge. Cavalry sent my charge elsewhere where it was torn apart by flaming arrows. Nice strategy. The second one was a close game?!? We routed in no time at all.

[This message has been edited by General Tomzilla (edited 04-02-2005 @ 07:51 PM).]

doitzelkaiseriii
Legionary
posted 02 April 2005 21:12 EDT (US)     27 / 48       
Went to the second time. We had one 3v3, I got beaten but Firefox was on my team, so we won

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
Rookierookie
Banned
posted 02 April 2005 22:14 EDT (US)     28 / 48       
If you ever lose so badly against Macedon using my tactic again, I'm going to strangle you.
exe1
Legionary
posted 02 April 2005 22:17 EDT (US)     29 / 48       

Quote:

Barnastae Mercaneries

Either you were Thrace, or you were using Thracian mercenaries(less attack/defense/hitpoints) as Pontus(?) No faction gets Bastarnae mercenarries, mainly because in the game they cost 1600 denarri if I recall correctly.

And you posted fake material on your site! Noone told me that the Unorthodox strategies page was a joke. All I got from that game was the title "the last thing Firefox needed to see to see everything"(maybe it was the backwards militia hoplites in a 10k game, or the no archers), and miracuosly, a win over DoitzelKaiserIII when he was using a variation of the Brittannia strategy, I should have saved the replay, does anyone have it?

Share our wealth!
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
As far as I can tell, Baltimore is in redneck country ~ Bored Scotsman
You all realize that both Halo and Starcraft stole their storyline from tetris, right? ~He113ent

[This message has been edited by exe1 (edited 04-02-2005 @ 10:18 PM).]

Rookierookie
Banned
posted 02 April 2005 22:21 EDT (US)     30 / 48       
I didn't, it was fun while it lasted, but I don't think it has much rewatching value.
exe1
Legionary
posted 02 April 2005 22:22 EDT (US)     31 / 48       
I know, I was just hoping to see it so I could watch Cheesewhiz rush and Spitful fight it out with Urbans.

Share our wealth!
You all realize that both Halo and Starcraft stole their storyline from tetris, right? ~He113ent
doitzelkaiseriii
Legionary
posted 02 April 2005 22:23 EDT (US)     32 / 48       

Quote:

If you ever lose so badly against Macedon using my tactic again, I'm going to strangle you.

I was expecting cretan archers, not Illyrian Mercs. Plus I replaced four units of chariots with warpuppies Not exactly sure why... Besides, I've never seen the strategy executed properly, or ever read about it

Rookierookie
Banned
posted 02 April 2005 22:26 EDT (US)     33 / 48       
It should have been EASIER with Illyrians replacing the archers, foo'. And having only 6 chariots means you were doomed.
Ueriah
Legionary
posted 02 April 2005 23:32 EDT (US)     34 / 48       

Quoted from exe1:

And you posted fake material on your site! Noone told me that the Unorthodox strategies page was a joke

W00t! We got someone!

Sun Tzu say, "Beware Strategy that suggests using pig for general that is posted on April Fools Day".

fate
Legionary
posted 03 April 2005 00:18 EDT (US)     35 / 48       
I've been waiting for you to confess!!
doitzelkaiseriii
Legionary
posted 03 April 2005 00:30 EDT (US)     36 / 48       

Quote:

It should have been EASIER with Illyrians replacing the archers, foo'. And having only 6 chariots means you were doomed.

Foo, Illyrians have a bonus against chariots! They killed a bunch of them while I was cutting the Companions to pieces.

SapphirianDragon
Legionary
posted 03 April 2005 07:56 EDT (US)     37 / 48       
I still have the recorded game, if anyone wants it. The last part of the game was pretty hilarious, the carnival game and those onager guys charging everywhere (they're far stronger than I thought they'd be). Too bad I couldn't stay longer, through.
exe1
Legionary
posted 03 April 2005 10:18 EDT (US)     38 / 48       

Quote:

Sun Tzu say, "Beware Strategy that suggests using pig for general that is posted on April Fools Day".

I forgot the pig general, that would have tipped me off, but the backwards militia hoplites and only Illyrians seemed like a good idea at the time. Good thing I had those Companions, apparently Head Hurlers arent good against cavalry

Share our wealth!
Jax
HG Monument
posted 03 April 2005 14:58 EDT (US)     39 / 48       
Gah! The interenet providers been down fot my entire area, so I missed yet another party!

house won this
Tiresias
Legionary
posted 03 April 2005 16:05 EDT (US)     40 / 48       
Hey Jax, if you live in Yorkshire you're probably the closes forumer to me. you better not end up being one of the people next door.
Jax
HG Monument
posted 03 April 2005 16:18 EDT (US)     41 / 48       
Lol. I live near Hull. Where are you? It would be scary if we were next door to each other.

house won this
Tiresias
Legionary
posted 03 April 2005 16:25 EDT (US)     42 / 48       
naw i'm in north yorkshire, a couple of hours away
Ace Cataphract
HG Alumnus
(id: Ace_Cataphract)
posted 03 April 2005 19:42 EDT (US)     43 / 48       

Quote:

I think in the third game Cheesewiz set a record for most kills during a forum party. I know that we've seen the 1k mark hit before but Cheese ended up with something like 1288 kills, totally saving the day while Ace was grinding my nose into the mud.

Cheese did set the Normal unit size kill record, but we often pass it on parties with larger unit sizes.

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
Fanatic_Kaster
Banned
posted 04 April 2005 02:49 EDT (US)     44 / 48       
Not to mention The_Roman_Juli's record of 62 kills in the very same game.
SpitfulPig
Legionary
(id: butcher003)
posted 04 April 2005 05:22 EDT (US)     45 / 48       
Cheezwwiz totally saved the day for us, i had to march my army half way across the map to get into position to fight together with my allies, fortunately my intact pike phalanxes got into position, (including my artillery) further up this valley before Cheese's and Ueriah's position was finnally overrun the tired attackers had to face an army of fresh macedonian pike, although he did tell make me commit all 6 units of cavalry including my general to a suicide mission, only the genral and one unit of companions escaped! Curse you Cheesewiz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If you find yourself riding alone through open fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled for you are in Elysium and you are already dead!"- "The Spaniard" - Gladiator
"There are three ways to defeat your enemy, the first and most obvious is to defeat him by trial of force, the second is to destroy him from within, the third and easiest is to push onto a course of self destruction."-Sun Tzu
HG Singles Tourney 2nd Place 2005

[This message has been edited by butcher003 (edited 04-04-2005 @ 05:24 AM).]

Ace Cataphract
HG Alumnus
posted 04 April 2005 22:00 EDT (US)     46 / 48       
Every time I lose to Cheese I always make the same mistake. I commit my cavalry irresponsibly. If I had kept them near my infantry instead of impetuously charging what I thought was his flank, I might've been able to do better. It turns out that the "flank" of Cheesewiz's was the flank of one unit of Praetorian Cavalry, while every other unit in his army was in one small, tightly packed circle, so it wasn't only his cavalry but his cavalry and about 4 Urban Cohorts.

Cheesewiz
HG Alumnus
posted 04 April 2005 22:12 EDT (US)     47 / 48       
I remember that fight with you Ace. You flanked about two units of my cavalry, but the others couldn't compensate because they were engaging your non-flanking cavalry. I assumed that my guys would at least last 30 seconds fighting, so I committed all of my urbans, six to the fight. Unfortunately, two of them got tied up in fighting with one of your units of some kind that was routing. Then, my infantry flanked your cavalry, and they had to leave. You fought incredibly well afterwords...even with cavalry advantage it took forever to put you away.

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
Ace Cataphract
HG Alumnus
posted 04 April 2005 22:18 EDT (US)     48 / 48       
Yea, that one was a great fight. My Cappadocian Cavalry just couldn't cut it as Pontus, even with my Scythed Chariots trying to mow your cavalry from behind. The Urbans just dealt with them pretty quickly.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames