You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Rome Multiplayer Discussion
Moderated by Terikel Grayhair, General Sajaru, Awesome Eagle

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.76 replies, Sticky
Total War Heaven » Forums » Rome Multiplayer Discussion » Multiplayer Contact Database & Casual Challenge Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:Multiplayer Contact Database & Casual Challenge Thread
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 05 August 2010 05:26 EDT (US)         
Casual Challenge Thread

Default game password: RTWH

Here you may arrange online games, and brag about your victories or discuss highlights. This thread also houses the Contact Database, so you can find and recognise people from Rome Total War Heaven when playing online and arrange games.
As said on the tin. This is where you throw down your gauntlet, sword or whatever else you find will do the job (Though we at TWH advise against the pink fluffy rabbit you sleep with at night) to challenge your fellow forumers.

Please put down the name of the person you wish to challenge, and the date and time (24h) of when you wish to battle them, with, of course, the relative time zone (Time Converter). You may put in a bit of banter if you so wish.

Contact Database

Please submit your own details thus:

[forum username] - [online name 1], [online name 2], ([your email address])
Example:
Edorix - Edorix, (edorix@heavengames.com)

Posting your email address is not obligatory: bear in mind that this is an open website, and anything you post is at your own risk. Giving more than one screenname is helpful; that way, in the event that someone else is using your main name, it won't be terribly confusing for everyone to recognise you. At the same time, having a screen name that is difficult for someone else to accidentally appropriate is a good idea. It is preferable if you use your forum-name as one of your screenames, if it is sufficiently unusual to be unlikely to be copied.

To search for a particular player, use Ctrl+F (or Cmd+F for Macs).

A
Aurelius Scipio - eolis223
Alex_the_bold - ToXaniThsGravias, Badunas

B

C
cazaron - cazaron, indianapoliscolts, (cazaron(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au)

D

E
Edorix - Edorix, Louernios

F
FeudalPrincipes - BigRedRob, razzledazzlerob, (Rob-93(at)live(dot)co(dot)uk)
Friesian - gerrit, (geertsma(at)msn(dot)com)

G
Generalscruff - Generalscruff, Admiralscruff (thomouse6396(at)googlemail(dot)com)
GundamMerc - ClanWolf, clanjadewolf, (clanjadewolf(at)gmail(dot)com)

H
HannibalBaracaXXI - Hannibal_Barca

I

J

K

L
Liam_the_Spartan - Liam_the_Spartan, Liamidas

M
Maniple - ManipleofSertorius, Maniple, Vinco Caudex (ogbuefi(dot)ezeudu(at)gmail(dot)com or yanbo_yin(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk)

N
Nickel531 - Nickel531, Frankish_Warlord, (nickel531(at)live(dot)com)

O

P
PraeQuae - PraeQuae, (j(dot)isaiah(dot)m(at)gmail(dot)com)
Punic Hoplite - Punic Hoplite, Eesti Warlord, Porosus

Q

R
RomulusofEpirus - Naupactus, ROE

S
Scenter102 - Telemachus, Scenter (Andrew1Aldrich(at)hotmail(dot)com)

T
Thompsoncs - Thompsoncs, (thompsoncs(at)live(dot)nl)

U

V

W

X

Y

Z

I am indebted to Cheesewiz for the last contact database here, from which I stole a great deal of text and code.

RTWH screen-name prefix

RTWH forumers sometimes use the prefix {-RTWH-} or similar in front of their multiplayer screen-name, to show which RTW community they belong to and to make themselves more recognisable. If you would like to do the same, you must abide by the following rules:

• You must be part of the forum community at Total War Heaven.
    This should be obvious. If you are a participating member of the forum community you may use the RTWH community prefix.
  • You must follow the HeavenGames Code of Conduct.
    The CoC is mostly common sense good behaviour, but do read it: it isn't as long as it looks and it is important. If you really wish to verbally abuse someone, please remove the RTWH prefix from your screen name first. Here is a selection of some of the most common or important issues for our purposes:
    - You must own a legal copy of Rome Total War.
    If we discover you play RTW by illegal means, moderator action will be taken upon your account. The game can be acquired for just a few dollars/pounds/euros, and conveniently downloaded from Steam.
    - You must treat other users with respect.
    If you start swearing at people or making racist or sexist comments online, it reflects badly not just on you but on Rome Total War Heaven as a whole. Behave maturely.
    - You must be at least thirteen years of age.
    This is not specifically stated in the CoC, however, for legal reasons you may not post on HeavenGames if you are under thirteen. If you cannot post at HeavenGames, you are not a forumer, so you do not qualify for membership. Sorry.
  • You must not attempt to pass for another forumer online.
    Because it pisses everyone off and we will hate you forever.

Violation of any one of these rules will result in ostracism. It may also incur moderator action upon your account at HeavenGames.

Have fun!

EDORIX
    ~ ancient briton ~

/\
    /|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)

[This message has been edited by Lord Eddie (edited 06-30-2014 @ 09:31 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Punic Hebil
    Centurion
    (id: Punic Hoplite)
    posted 28 July 2011 11:42 EDT (US)     26 / 76       
    Who's up for a little 1v1?

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer
    Liam_the_Spartan
    Banned
    posted 28 July 2011 12:03 EDT (US)     27 / 76       
    Moi. ?

Say when. I warn you I have a very slow internet connection, I can usually get 1 or 2 mp games in before it starts acting up, but I just warn you incase it freezes.

If it does, just wait it out. Patience is the best tool available to a warrior, after all.

I can play almost anytime.

[This message has been edited by Liam_the_Spartan (edited 07-28-2011 @ 01:04 PM).]

Liam_the_Spartan
    Banned
    posted 28 July 2011 14:43 EDT (US)     28 / 76       
    Okay, I may be exagerating about my internet. It played okay last time I played RTW multiplayer. Steam takes 5 minutes to detect I have internet, and downloads rarely do. Look at this, me downloading Amazon total War earlier, which was downloading for 24 hours+:

Yes, 0 KB/s. It sometimes pops up to 5 Kb/s then goes back down. I think on average it's around 1 Kb/s.

But it should be fine.
    Punic Hebil
    Centurion
    posted 29 July 2011 12:00 EDT (US)     29 / 76       
    Ok, now I am ready Liam :P You still up for it.

I'll make a room called Liam Here, password: RTWH

I am the Carthaginian who became an angel, and surrendered his wings for a life on the sea of battle.

My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel the Deflowerer

[This message has been edited by Punic Hoplite (edited 07-29-2011 @ 12:03 PM).]

Punic Hebil
    Centurion
    posted 29 July 2011 13:29 EDT (US)     30 / 76       

Thought I was going to lose this one. My chariots were destroyed fairly early on. Then his onagers started targeting my line so I moved up. Many maneuvers later, his army was fleeing. I was surprised

This one I had Urbans, he had Praetorians. He tried to balance it out with more cavalry. He had his army hidden in the forest, with his cavalry a small ways away. I scouted his infantry, went on the attack, and then his cavalry showed up. I was able to have my cavalry get behind his line, and then it all turned into an 'everyone attack in this direction' kind of battle.

This one he was done from the beginning. He had 3 chariots charge my line, which soon routed (after killing a good number of my guys though), and then went berserk and went through the center of his line and cavalry. I then had the cavalry superiority and infantry superiority. All but one of my cavalry went to the side to face his, with the one remaining going around the flank to charge his infantry from the rear. My cavalry beat his, but I didn't pay much attention to the cavalry fight. In the end, it was a rather quick battle.

[This message has been edited by Punic Hoplite (edited 07-29-2011 @ 01:37 PM).]

Liam_the_Spartan
    Banned
    posted 29 July 2011 13:55 EDT (US)     31 / 76       
    Stupid chariots...

WOAH WHAT? I won the first battle! I would show the screenie but it came out black! Obviously Desync issues or something, but I swear on my game I won. Didn't you wonder why I sounded smug after?

I blew up his british chariots in the first battle with my onagers, then when the melee started it was chaotic with my chariots running amok, destroying both armies. My phalanx' were being killed quickly but I still had some cav so I charged in heroicly and... WON. It was a close battle.

Second I thought I would sacrifice infantry for a bit more cav, but Punic's Urbans did the trick. My cav was too far away and charging uphill they didn't do much damage. Meh.

3rd, I thought I would run the chariots into his lines to run amok then hopefully mess it up for him. But they touched his lines and instantly routed.. back into my army... then ran amok...

Here's the screenies, with the one where we both seem to have won coming out black since I forgot to load Fraps and I used anti-aliasing.

Round 2? I will take screenies for all this time.
    Punic Hebil
    Centurion
    posted 29 July 2011 14:00 EDT (US)     32 / 76       
    Did you leave the game early? I wasn't sure but I thought that I saw some white letters a few seconds before I won. Said something about being synched with you again.

Since it is dispute then it shall not count.

Punic Hebil
    Centurion
    posted 29 July 2011 16:14 EDT (US)     33 / 76       

I had Sacred Band. He had chariots, a few archers and a few axemen. Sacred Band took out his chariots, archers were taken out by Sacred Band and cavalry, as well as his axemen.

He had a lot more infantry than I did. Should've paid attention to the map. My cavalry did next to nothing to help me Meanwhile his archers peppered my guys as they climbed the hill. Superior numbers with quality infantry, with good terrain advantage, I was done for

My infantry was superior to his. Both in number and in quality (Royal Pikes are better than Silver Legions). He finally took some cataphracts though. It was a wild mess of infantry charging, chariots running amok (thank you archers!), and cavalry charging and countercharging. Eventaully I was able to get rid of the majority of his infantry and focus on his cataphracts, which won me the battle.

Decided to use Numidia for a challenge I'd say I did reasonably well for my units. Numidian cavalry went forward from the word go. I wanted to see what else he had hidden while making it seem like I was simply getting around his flank. Sure enough, his cavalry were hidden on his flanks His cavalry charged mine, mine skittered away, still throwing spears at his cav. Knowing where his cavalry was, I felt confident enough to send my Numidians around his rear to take out his archers (don't want to lose my precious elephants). It worked.... kind of. My cavalry ended up routing for a bit, but I was able to get my elephants a good charge into his pikemen. I then quickly moved my infantry up (Numidian legions) and started attacking. I ended up having most of my infantry flee, with only my general holding on the left flank, and a couple of units supported by my Longshield cavalry on the right.

Overall second round: 2 to 2. Overall: 4 to 2 (first battle doesn't count as it is disputed)

Liam_the_Spartan
    Banned
    posted 29 July 2011 16:38 EDT (US)     34 / 76       
    The Carthaginian speaks the truth.

Again, forgot to take screenie of first one, but Punic won.

I have a few things to add.

1. Since it was a large money battle, I got many hariots and upgraded them all with extra defence and some expereince, so the stats looked invincible... But against pikes, no.

2. This is like the opposite of the Roman Vs Roman one from before. This time I used Punic's tactic and used better and more infantry, completely ignoring cavalry. And with a hill for him to climb up, they didn't stand a chance.

(thank you archers!),
    That was my plan! Did you not see that they ran amok inside your army? 1 unit routed, the other ran back to my army like crazy battle crazed horses pulling a chair of death, but did not actually hit my lines, and the other ran amok just behind his front line, which probably made more damage than if they were controlled.

4.I knew you were searching for my cav, but in RTW you cannot move units without them being seen, so I had no choice but to kill them. I thenspent the rest of the battle hammer-anviling his legions.

Very GGs.
    Earl Scruffles
    Legionary
    (id: generalscruff)
    posted 30 July 2011 09:06 EDT (US)     35 / 76       
    Generalscruff- Generalscruff, Admiralscruff thomouse6396@googlemail.com

add me to the list. inbox on email or facebook if you want a game

But I won't go to England due to the prescence of scruffy in shottingham. - Scenter102
    This is Scruff we are talking about. I can't think of anything I don't see Scruff doing just for the hell of it. - Agrippa 271
    The cake was made by Scruffy and it was... a rude shape. - Liam
    monkey in a suit on a cycle - Scenter102 describing Scruffy
    Liam_the_Spartan
    Banned
    posted 30 July 2011 12:54 EDT (US)     36 / 76       
    I'll give you a game anytime. Just say when.
    Punic Hebil
    Centurion
    posted 30 July 2011 14:52 EDT (US)     37 / 76       
    Scruff, myself and Liam must face you 3 times before we can face each other again for the ladder. Prepare to face OBLIVION!!!

Earl Scruffles
    Legionary
    (id: generalscruff)
    posted 30 July 2011 16:49 EDT (US)     38 / 76       
    Just had 4 games with Liam, lost 3, but I utterly thrashed him on the one I won

But I won't go to England due to the prescence of scruffy in shottingham. - Scenter102
    This is Scruff we are talking about. I can't think of anything I don't see Scruff doing just for the hell of it. - Agrippa 271
    The cake was made by Scruffy and it was... a rude shape. - Liam
    monkey in a suit on a cycle - Scenter102 describing Scruffy
    Liam_the_Spartan
    Banned
    posted 30 July 2011 17:33 EDT (US)     39 / 76       
    5 games* I won 4.

1st. I got clear victory. He was Macedon I was Scipii. I had urban cohort and Scruff mainly had mostly phalanx and royal pikemen. I thought I was going to lose, but since he bought no cavalry, I just flanked his whole army, creating a mass rout. I also bought 2 onagers and some archers, and they dealt damage before the melee.

2nd. I got Heroic Victory. Scruff chose the Julii and I chose Macedon. I destroyed his cavalry with my companion cavalry, then slowly moved my royal pikemen forward, then the cavalry charges made his whole army rout within a minute.

3rd. I got Crushing Defeat. Scruff chose germany and I chose Britannia. His berserkers ran forward and were creating chaos. I thought my chariots would destroy them easily, but was mistaken, and I lost my chariots. then with my injured infantry I ran forward but with nothing to counter his cavalry, my men were dead meat.

4th. I got clear victory. Scruff chose Egypt so I chose Carthage. I got mainly sacred band and sacred band cav, and a unit of elephants. I thought I sent my cavalry around one flank and the elephants around the other. I thought I had made a terrible mistake when his chariots ran towards my cavalry, but my cavalry were strong and won. Then it was a matter of "You poke him with stick, and you charge into rear"

5th. I got clear victory. Scruff chose Germania again so I chose Macedonia. He sounded confused as his berserkers died with many a spear in their guts, and the cretan archers took down his spare berserkers. I then charged his Gothic cavalry with my companions, and I won, but my general died. Then the spears came up and poked from far away, as his axemen couldnt reach, they died.

Good games Obviously only the first 3 count towards the ladder, because of the 3-games rule.

[This message has been edited by Liam_the_Spartan (edited 07-30-2011 @ 06:06 PM).]

Liam_the_Spartan
    Banned
    posted 04 August 2011 13:05 EDT (US)     40 / 76       
    Anyone else want some battles?

Edorix?

[This message has been edited by Liam_the_Spartan (edited 08-04-2011 @ 04:51 PM).]

Edorix
    High King of Britain
    posted 05 August 2011 16:14 EDT (US)     41 / 76       
    Probably tomorrow I can do a couple, now that I have my wifi back... although I am horribly out of practise.

EDORIX
    ~ ancient briton ~

/\
    /|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
    Liam_the_Spartan
    Banned
    posted 07 August 2011 11:50 EDT (US)     42 / 76       
    I am free tonight, monday and tuesday all day if you wish to play some time.

You are out of practice while I am still a Multiplayer N00B, so we should be about equal

[This message has been edited by Liam_the_Spartan (edited 08-07-2011 @ 12:01 PM).]

Liam_the_Spartan
    Banned
    posted 12 August 2011 10:41 EDT (US)     43 / 76       
    Anyone up for some games?

PraeQuae, remember we need to settle the tie Or have some ladder games?
    PraeQuae
    Legionary
    posted 12 August 2011 10:53 EDT (US)     44 / 76       
    Yeah, Liam, sounds good.

I need to get away from Spain for a while lol
    Liam_the_Spartan
    Banned
    posted 12 August 2011 11:34 EDT (US)     45 / 76       
    Okay. Now? I will host. Called LIAM just because I always forget how to spell your name Password RTWH
    MPounders
    Legionary
    posted 17 August 2011 17:15 EDT (US)     46 / 76       
    I'll be on around 7pm Central for a little while. My Name online is Pounders
    Edorix
    High King of Britain
    posted 18 August 2011 06:14 EDT (US)     47 / 76       
    I happen to be online now. fyi.

EDIT: Back again.

EDORIX
    ~ ancient briton ~

/\
    /|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)

[This message has been edited by Edorix (edited 08-18-2011 @ 08:27 AM).]

Liam_the_Spartan
    Banned
    posted 18 August 2011 08:33 EDT (US)     48 / 76       
    HannibalBarca, want some ladder games? If not then how about some friendlies?

Oh, and Edorix, I can't play against Punic He has to play 3 games with someone else first.
    Edorix
    High King of Britain
    posted 18 August 2011 08:37 EDT (US)     49 / 76       
    Aw, true... darn it. I'll get him.

EDORIX
    ~ ancient briton ~

/\
    /|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
    Liam_the_Spartan
    Banned
    posted 18 August 2011 09:13 EDT (US)     50 / 76       
    Anyone up for some games? Friendlies or ladder, you choose.
    « Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames