Total War Heaven » Forums » Total War History » The Alternate History Thread
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Alternate History Thread
« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6  Next Page »
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 14 February 2013 16:44 EDT (US)         
Ok, so i was thinking the other day about the many what-if? moments in history, and realised we dont have a thread for one. So to get the ball rolling, i will ask a question that is a popular one in alternate history.

What would have been the consequences of Rome not being sucked into the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest, and maintaining a hold over Germany? Would the area have been Romanized after a time? Would it be impossible to hold the area? Could the Empire lasted longer or collapsed earlier?

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
AuthorReplies:
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 05 July 2013 20:33 EDT (US)     101 / 142       
So possibly it would take a reduction in the power of the Growing Romans, and civil changes in Carthage, and a military genius to 'maybe' turn it around?

Seems like a pretty crap situation, which is quite obvious. So it would Appear that the second Punic war was the last chance for a decent independence. But with the Roman mentality of not giving up- was it even possible then? I dont think so.

History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Thalassocracy
Legionary
posted 07 July 2013 00:31 EDT (US)     102 / 142       
For Carthage to reemerge as a super power in the Mediterranean once more would be impossible. The better question would be what should Carthage have done to continue its existence even if its just going to be as a measly city-state now, to simply avoid the total annihilation of Punic culture therefore.

Slave, thou hast slain me. Villain, take my purse.
If ever thou wilt thrive, bury my body...

[This message has been edited by Thalassocracy (edited 07-07-2013 @ 00:32 AM).]

markdienekes
Legionary
posted 29 July 2013 04:08 EDT (US)     103 / 142       
Punic culture was not destroyed with the fall of Carthage, it is still attested in historical sources hundreds of years later.

For example, Punic religion did not disappear with the end of Carthage. There were sanctuaries reserved for the Punic gods and goddesses all over North Africa - Baal Hammon, under the guise of Saturn continued to be a popular deity even despite the rise and spread of Christianity. Another figure to persist and even resist Christianity was Tanit, who bore the name Caelestis. Some deities even preserved their former theonyms. We have numerous religious cults and practices that are a product of the Punic heritage attested in North Africa and its also believed that Punic beliefs contributed to the success of Christianity there too!
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 30 July 2013 16:57 EDT (US)     104 / 142       
Allow me to raise another question to breathe some life into this thread, while continuing the theme of revolving around the Second Punic War.

How different would the outcome of the Second Punic War be if Philip V of Macedon had followed through with his alliance with Hannibal and landed in Italy with his army?

Macedon wasn't nearly as formidable as it had been in the days of Philip II and Alexander the Great, but she was still a strong military power and Philip's army of 25,500 soldiers (using the numbers he fielded at Cynoscephalae as a base) may have been enough to tip the balance in Hannibal's and Carthage's favor. Many of the cities in Magna Graecia had already declared for Hannibal so it isn't too far-fetched to believe they would've been even more receptive to a Greco-Macedonian army, especially if it was led by a descendant of one of the greatest of Alexander's Successors.

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums

[This message has been edited by DominicusUltimus (edited 07-30-2013 @ 05:28 PM).]

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 31 July 2013 02:11 EDT (US)     105 / 142       
Hmm. That would be hard to guage.

I suppose it depends upon the timing as well. But could see Philip making a large impact if only just mentally on the Romans. Here you would have a fresh, relatively numerous and presumably experienced new army which will need alot of effort to destroy. The incorporation as well of a Greek(ok Macedonian) into the mix could have encouraged more of Magna Grecia and other states to rebel against Rome. A possibility with that also is what if Hannibal got his hands on reinforcements of that Caliber? surely they would have massively boosted the power of his army.

Also, one of the major problems with Hannibal in Italy was his inability to besiege cities and port cities. The addition of this army into Italy could have quickly changed that. With Phillip's army besieging cities and storming them, and Hannibal and his army running defense, it is possible that more cities could have been occupied by the combined force, and the supply and communications problem gone some way to being remedied.

However, even with Philip and his reinforcements, i dont see Rome capitulating quickly. I think nothing less than the destruction of Rome could have made them surrender. That is for sure.

I am quite keen to hear your thoughts on this as well.

Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 31 July 2013 04:22 EDT (US)     106 / 142       
I think it is not "if only Macedon had," but rather, "if only Macedon could have."

The problem was, as I understand it, no lack of will on the part of Philip V, but rather the fact that the Romans had him covered by an alliance they had formed with the Aetolian League during the Illyrian War. As I recall they even sent a bunch of troops to Greece to help with keeping Macedon out of Italy...

This is why the war surrounding the Battle of Cynoscephalae is known as the Second Macedonian War, despite being the first direct confrontation between Rome and Macedon; the First Macedonian War was fought parallel to the Second Punic War, and was the confrontation between Macedon and Rome's Greek allies.

EDORIX
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)

[This message has been edited by Lord Eddie (edited 07-31-2013 @ 04:25 AM).]

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 31 July 2013 06:42 EDT (US)     107 / 142       
Indeed. But the question was what would happen if Philip landed in Italy...

But yes, a good insight into the first Macedonian War. Adrian Goldsworthy covers that well from memory in his book The Fall of Carthage. Great book indeed

EDIT: can either of you suggest a decent book on Rome's involvement and campaigns in Greece?

[This message has been edited by Awesome Eagle (edited 07-31-2013 @ 06:46 AM).]

DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 31 July 2013 10:42 EDT (US)     108 / 142       
I think it is not "if only Macedon had," but rather, "if only Macedon could have."

The problem was, as I understand it, no lack of will on the part of Philip V, but rather the fact that the Romans had him covered by an alliance they had formed with the Aetolian League during the Illyrian War. As I recall they even sent a bunch of troops to Greece to help with keeping Macedon out of Italy...
While the Romans were allied with the Aetolian League throughout the Second Punic War and the First Macedonian War, the Aetolians themselves were tired of war with Macedon and had recently signed a peace treaty with Philip at Naupactus in 217 B.C. He then started constructing a fleet of 125 lembi, light warships used by the Illyrian pirates, and training men capable of rowing and maneuvering them swiftly. Given these preparations, it's logical to assume that Philip was contemplating and preparing for an invasion of Italy and taking the fight to the Romans in their homeland instead of awaiting for them to cross the Adriatic and land somewhere in Epirus or Aetolia. The problem however, was how he approached the war with the Romans once his preparations were complete and how far he was willing to go.

Once his fleet had been and their crews adequately trained, Philip departed Macedon and sailed for the city of Apollonia in southern Illyria. He had with him around 6,250 soldiers (each lembi capable of carrying roughly 50 men) which he'd planned to use to conquer southern Illyria and thereby establish a secure staging point for him to launch an invasion of Italy. Meanwhile, the bulk of the Roman fleet was docked at Lilybaeum as they were mainly concerned with containing the Carthaginian fleet and making sure Hannibal received no reinforcements from Africa. This left them with only 25 ships to patrol the Adriatic coastline of Italy (primarily to ward off the previously mentioned Illyrian pirates) and gave Philip a very really chance of outmaneuvering or simply overwhelming the Roman's Adriatic fleet and leaving Italy open to a Macedonian invasion. Unfortunately (for Philip and Hannibal), Philip's nerve cracked when he heard word that Roman ships had been sighted heading towards Apollonia which somehow gave Philip the impression that the whole of the Roman fleet was sailing against him. Not wanting to risk losing his fleet and a sizable portion of his army at sea, Philip ordered an immediate retreat and set sail for the Ionian Island of Cephalonia

As it turned out, the Roman "fleet" was nothing more than a simple patrol of 10 warships. Thanks to his brief moment of fear and overreaction, Philip lost his best (and only) chance of conquering southern Illyria and securing a reliable base for future campaigns around the Adriatic Sea. This also caused the Romans to become wary of Philip and their ships more vigilant in their patrols, which may have culminated in the capture of Philip's emissaries to Hannibal a few years later which eventually led to the outbreak of the First Macedonian War.

As for the military involvement of the Romans in Greece, they actually never sent any troops to Greece as they needed all their troops to check and contain Hannibal in southern Italy. Instead, they eventually convinced the Aetolian League to declare war on Macedon and let them handle the war on land, while the Roman's took charge of the sea.
As I recall they even sent a bunch of troops to Greece to help with keeping Macedon out of Italy...

This is why the war surrounding the Battle of Cynoscephalae is known as the Second Macedonian War, despite being the first direct confrontation between Rome and Macedon; the First Macedonian War was fought parallel to the Second Punic War, and was the confrontation between Macedon and Rome's Greek allies.
Kinda contradicting yourself there Ed, since the Romans would be directly confronting Philip if they had sent troops to Greece to help the Aetolians.

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 07 August 2013 02:42 EDT (US)     109 / 142       
[q He then started constructing a fleet of 125 lembi, light warships used by the Illyrian pirates, and training men capable of rowing and maneuvering them swiftly.Interesting. Is there any more sources on these warships? I have not heard of them before.
Not wanting to risk losing his fleet and a sizable portion of his army at sea, Philip ordered an immediate retreat and set sail for the Ionian Island of Cephalonia
Also interesting.Is the term "Ionian" an general term? Because i just looked up the island and it is off Western Greece. I always thought/ assumed that Ionia was a term of Asia Minor.
As for the military involvement of the Romans in Greece, they actually never sent any troops to Greece as they needed all their troops to check and contain Hannibal in southern Italy.
What i meant before was the Romans in Greece in the 2nd and 3rd Macedonian Wars- and after. I have very little knowledge on this. Also: a book on the Roman conquest of Spain would be great. I know the very basics, but an in-depth study of Roman Spain through its fight with Rome, occupation, Romanisation then Vandals would be great.

Dom: What do you think the integration of the Macedonian Phalanx and Cavalry would have on Hannibal's army? Would they have been a help or a hindrance?

DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 07 August 2013 13:21 EDT (US)     110 / 142       
Interesting. Is there any more sources on these warships? I have not heard of them before.
From what I remember, they were an Illyrian design that was intended for raiding and boarding actions. I definitely remember reading about them in one of my books, but I can't remember exactly which one.
Also interesting.Is the term "Ionian" an general term? Because i just looked up the island and it is off Western Greece. I always thought/ assumed that Ionia was a term of Asia Minor.
I think its just one of those cases with two separate places having the same name. I also associate Ionia primarily with the the area located in Asia Minor/Anatolia. Another example of two different areas having the same name are the battles of Salamis. The first occurred in Greece during the Greek-Persian Wars, while the second occurred near Cyprus during the Wars of the Successors.
What i meant before was the Romans in Greece in the 2nd and 3rd Macedonian Wars- and after. I have very little knowledge on this.
I was mainly saying that in reply to Ed saying he recalled Rome sending troops to Greece to help the Aetolians and their other allies keep Macedon out of Italy, which didn't occur because they didn't have the spare manpower to support such a venture.
Dom: What do you think the integration of the Macedonian Phalanx and Cavalry would have on Hannibal's army? Would they have been a help or a hindrance?
Having heavy cavalry modeled after the Hetairoi would certainly have been a boon to Hannibal, but I think phalangites would've done more harm to his cause than good. The areas where Hannibal fought the Romans were for the most part rugged and uneven, and would've been less than ideal for phalanx warfare. The Battle of Pydna showed just how fatal it was to the phalanx when multiple gaps were opened in the pike wall by bad terrain, and the Romans proceeded to hack and gut the tightly packed Macedonian phalangites to pieces.

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 08 August 2013 07:18 EDT (US)     111 / 142       
Could those 'lembi' be another name for the Liburnian? The Romans loved those things for their post-Republic navies.

Ionia indeed refers to the area now known as western Turkey.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 08 August 2013 08:56 EDT (US)     112 / 142       
Kinda contradicting yourself there Ed, since the Romans would be directly confronting Philip if they had sent troops to Greece to help the Aetolians.
Something like that. I did read the (excellent) wikipedia article after I posted but didn't bother coming back with details.

EDORIX
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
Vasta
Legionary
posted 08 August 2013 09:05 EDT (US)     113 / 142       
Ionian is also a broad linguistic and ethnic term, like Doric or Aeolic. Ionians were typically the Greeks from Western Turkey, but the Athenians also considered themselves to be Ionian (the Attic dialect was a break-off of Ionian).

The ethnic relationship between the Athenians and Greeks of Western Turkey is what led to Athens supporting Ionia during the revolt from Persia, and kicked off the Persian Wars.

/now back to lurking
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 08 August 2013 09:42 EDT (US)     114 / 142       
Could those 'lembi' be another name for the Liburnian? The Romans loved those things for their post-Republic navies.
I do believe they are one and the same Terikel. Lembi was probably a type of slang term used by the Macedonians to refer to Liburnian galleys.
Something like that. I did read the (excellent) wikipedia article after I posted but didn't bother coming back with details.
Wikipedia can actually be quite a good source for looking topics concerning ancient history. I wouldn't list it as a source on a term paper or report, but it is more reliable than most people give it credit for.
Ionian is also a broad linguistic and ethnic term, like Doric or Aeolic. Ionians were typically the Greeks from Western Turkey, but the Athenians also considered themselves to be Ionian (the Attic dialect was a break-off of Ionian).

The ethnic relationship between the Athenians and Greeks of Western Turkey is what led to Athens supporting Ionia during the revolt from Persia, and kicked off the Persian Wars.

/now back to lurking
Glad to know we got you to even post at all Vasta

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 08 August 2013 18:45 EDT (US)     115 / 142       

Ahhh, fantastic. Thank you very much for your insight!
Wikipedia can actually be quite a good source for looking topics concerning ancient history. I wouldn't list it as a source on a term paper or report, but it is more reliable than most people give it credit for
It is also a great resource to find other resources. More than once have they pointed me in the right way for a good book on a topic.

Ok, so another topic- this one a bit different.

During Leonidas's famous stand with the 300 Spartans at Thermopylae, he had an adequate chance to escape and live to fight another day- yet he chose to remain behind to sacrifice himself and his bodyguard for Greek unity. Now; How might the overall direction of the Greek Wars been influenced if Leonidas withdrew and maintained command over the Army of Greece? Would the war have progressed similarly? Would a year have been wasted (by Cleombrotus) fortifying the Isthmus? Would the Persians have been sent packing in 480? or would it still take another year (Salamis was in 480) for the Persians to Withdraw if they were confronted with the Greek force in a pitched battle in 480?

Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 09 August 2013 08:58 EDT (US)     116 / 142       
Wikipedia can actually be quite a good source for looking topics concerning ancient history. I wouldn't list it as a source on a term paper or report, but it is more reliable than most people give it credit for.
Wikipedia actually has several decent anti-vandalism mechanisms, both automated and user-based... but I suspect this particular case is mainly because vandals have largely never heard of or don't think of such esoteric subjects.

What I have found however is that the (amateur) wikipedia community can be even more academically conservative than professional historians and such like. In my area, where a new consensus has been growing gradually over the last twenty years, this shows itself extremely plainly; but for historical narrative of this kind I shouldn't imagine this to be an issue.

EDORIX
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
Vasta
Legionary
posted 10 August 2013 00:21 EDT (US)     117 / 142       
Heh. It's been a busy year. Had a kid in March and am trying to crank out the dissertation. Two chapters done.

Some of the Wikipedia entries for Classics are very good - clearly there is a bored grad student updating things. Others are seemingly good, but based on Encyclopedia Britannica entries from like a hundred fifty years ago, or refuse to cite scholarship after Mommsen or Syme if they're absolutely radical (though pop historian hacks always seem to make it on there). The Sallust entry in particular is galling, and a number of my edits have been rejected (guess what, Anthony Everitt, Sallust did not marry Cicero's ex-wife. That's stupid).

Professional historians, good ones that is, tend to be pretty avant garde with their tendencies while the amateur community will usually pull out the old standards of "but but, multiculturalism is ruining things, and post-modernism is just hippie hog wash, and the facts! What about unbiased facts?!" Ancient material in particular seems to get people going about how these darn professors are ruining everything (see V. Hanson's ridiculous "Who Killed Homer?"), which is really funny, since, you know, our sources are so absolutely dreadful that to think we can ever come close to ascertaining "what really happened" is entirely naive.

Then to get into the fact that the ancient conception of "the truth" is so foreign to ours, and well, the can of worms is opened and overflowing.

Alrighty, that's over. Sorry, my main PC has gone into crashing whilst writing my third chapter and it's put me into a ranty mood while I attempt to revive it. Never let in-laws near your machines.
Edorix
High King of Britain
posted 12 August 2013 16:10 EDT (US)     118 / 142       
I call that a cutting-edge rant, jolly nice to hear.

EDORIX
~ ancient briton ~

/\
/|||| ||||\

(dis ma house)
Pitt
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 27 August 2013 23:08 EDT (US)     119 / 142       
Hi Vasta. I noticed that the new Loeb of Sallust's Catilinarian and Jugurthine Wars is coming out soon.

Did you say you'd done a tiny bit of translating for it, or am I misremembering?

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins
Vasta
Legionary
posted 28 August 2013 15:24 EDT (US)     120 / 142       
Ohhh, it IS finally coming out! Yes, I did help with a whopping one sentence. Had lunch with John Ramsey to discuss my dissertation and he busted out his Teubner for some translation thoughts. If I remember correctly (it was a year or two ago?), it's the passage in the Jugurtha where the Romans are almost defeated by the Numidians but then pull off a narrow victory. Participial issue, I think - could be taken as causal or adversative, with an ambiguous subject. So yes, when you read the Jugurtha, know that one of your own contributed in a very minor fashion.

I'm more looking forward to Volume 2, which is supposed to contain all of the Histories fragments. Maurenbrecher is the old standard Latin edition, but there have been many new Sallust fragments identified since the 1890s. McGushin took into account these new fragments, and provided an English translation and commentary, but no Latin text! Ramsey said that his manuscript will have full Latin text and English translation - that's why the Cat and Jug are a separate volume.

Also, some advice to any who are looking into scholarly pursuits as a career: email scholars! I've corresponded with many of the biggest names in my field and they have been nothing but helpful and generous with their time and advice.
Pitt
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 31 August 2013 06:01 EDT (US)     121 / 142       
Another one to watch out for then.

It's good to see you're doing well. Certainly better than the Latin department at my old university, which has been cut along with a few other less popular programs. Strictly speaking, you can still study Latin 1, just not Latin 2. But an honours program still exists, so go figure.

I sometimes regret not studying Latin, but I never seemed to find the time. Oh, well. Too late now. Tempus fugit.

"Into the face of the young man who sat on the terrace of the Hotel Magnifique at Cannes there had crept a look of furtive shame, the shifty, hangdog look which announces that an Englishman is about to talk French." - P.G. Wodehouse, The Luck of the Bodkins
Vasta
Legionary
posted 03 September 2013 09:31 EDT (US)     122 / 142       
I've been lucky in that regard. My undergraduate had just been restarting its Classics program, and actually is in the process of growing right now (let's hope they need a professor of Latin literature and Roman history in about a year), while my graduate school is a massive public institution that has had Classics since it opened, and will have a Classics department when it closes (even if they're bleeding the department try by not replacing tenured faculty who retire).

The situation for anyone in academia who isn't a business or science person is pretty grim right now, and the economy is encouraging lots more people to hide from the job market by going to graduate school. This has led to a far lower overall quality of grad students, as well as a huge glut of PhDs who are competing for fewer and fewer jobs. Add to that the fact that tenure positions in general are being replaced by one-two year adjunct spots with no benefits and little pay, and well, ugh. I'm lucky that my wife has a good job as a tenured high school teacher, but that has its own problems, as she can't exactly move around while I'm bouncing from adjunct to adjunct. That means until I get a tenure track job, she's going to stay where she is with our son, while I have to go rent an apartment somewhere during the week and hopefully be able to drive home on the weekends.

So yeah, all you kids out there, cut your junior faculty some slack, it's a much rougher life than it seems.

And there's always time to learn Latin, Pitt. It's actually a lot easier than you might imagine - Greek on the other hand, is the worst thing ever, with more moods and tenses that you know what to do with. Six principle parts of a verb? That's dumb and I'm glad they were conquered.
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 18 December 2013 19:03 EDT (US)     123 / 142       
*Revives thread*

Ok, so listening to Mike Duncan's History of Rome and right now in the 4th century as waves of Barbarians and internal strife destroy the empire. Now here is my question:

Is there anything that could have been done to salvage the Western Roman Empire? What would have been needed to stave off defeat for a century more? Could it have been possible if a leader the caliber of Aurelian or Trajan or another emperor was available?

Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 19 December 2013 05:35 EDT (US)     124 / 142       
I don't think a strong emperor would have helped any. There were plenty of strongmen to the end there- Aetius and Ricimer stand out. The emperorship was bought and sold- not that that mattered a whit.

Rome was exhausted. It was an ideal, a symbolic legend, but one that had run its course. The Crisis of the Third Century and the Antonine Plague had severely weakened the city and the empire as a whole. The rife internal struggles for the purple wore the army down to where people had to be pressed into service, and other sectors of the economy were becoming so deserted that one fo the emperors had to decree that sons went into the same business as fatehrs. More and more of the military was being made up of feoderati and foreigners. How long can an empire survive when its army is made of foreigners?

The economy was in the toilet. The army was disciplined but tiny, and worn out from near constant warfare. The populace was poor, wracked by the wars (devastation is not just a concept in RTW, passing armies that had no logistical chain often destroyed vast tracts of land in their passage), services were failing, and the money near worthless. Plus the plague wiped out a good portion of the population- recovery was too slow.

And politically, idiots in the Senate thought the purple could be bought and sold, and good generals were to be assassinated lest they aspire to restore the glory of what was once Rome.

The Roman Empire died basically through apathy. Nobody cared enough to keep it going. Those in power only wanted the power and trappings- and could care less about the rest. The people gave less than a rat's ass, as long as they could survive in those hard times. The army didn't care about the empire, only their paymaster.

So there is no clear point where one can say: "if this was different, then Rome may have survived." There was a whole cartload of shit wrong with the empire there in the end. A bushel of things had to be fixed for that to happen. So what could have made the empire survive?

Nothing. It was time to hit the reset button.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII

[This message has been edited by Terikel Grayhair (edited 12-19-2013 @ 05:36 AM).]

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 27 December 2013 19:25 EDT (US)     125 / 142       
So we know the consequences of the Western Roman Empire falling as it did, but what could have been some of the consequences if the Eastern Roman Empire had fell as well. Is this something that is even possible to gauge?

« Previous Page  1 ··· 3 4 5 6  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames