You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2: Total War Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.117 replies, Sticky
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Total War Discussion » Official System Requirements
Bottom
Topic Subject:Official System Requirements
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
von Nelson
Legionary
(id: General_Nelson)
posted 01 October 2006 03:34 EDT (US)         
Sega released the official system requirements here

Quote:

OS- Windows XP/2000
Processor- Celeron 1.5GHz Pentium 4 (1500MHz) or equivalent AMD processor
Memory- 512MB
Optical Drive- 8x Speed DVD-ROM drive
Disk Space- 11GB of uncompressed free hard disk space
Sound Card- 100% DirectX® 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers
DirectX- DirectX® 9.0c
Graphics Card- 128MB Hardware Accelerated video card with Shader 1 supportand the latest drivers. Must be 100% DirectX® 9.0c compatible.
Display Resolution- 1024x768
Internet- Internet (TCP / IP) play supported; Internet play requires broadband connection and latest drivers; LAN play requires Network card.

Important Note: Some cards may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by Medieval II: Total War. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX® 9.0c compatibility.

Additional details:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2. All CPUs must be fully SSE2 compatible for the demo.
SSE2 is only required for the demo, SSE is acceptable for the game. The frame rate is also improved.

Any questions on whether or not your computer can run M2:TW can be asked here, and should be answered reasonably quickly

< Jarrod Nelson>
Nelson looks good in his pics - Gaurdian_112
Wow, Nelson's awfully cute... - HP Lovesauce
Thanks for ruining something that I've waited over 6 years for. - Redneck93
It might be a bit of an odd moment to say so, but I still think Nelson's smile is awesome. - Hnossa
THIS SIGNATURE IS A TESTAMENT TO MY VANITY

[This message has been edited by Admiral_Nelson (edited 12-24-2006 @ 07:15 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Carthage
Legionary
posted 01 October 2006 04:37 EDT (US)     1 / 117       
YES!! I can run It whoa! 11 GBs of hard drive space.

Carthage
And beyond, green fields under a swift sunrise
Oh well, thats not so bad, is it?
No, no it's not

Proud joint winner of the M2TWH Saladin award
A Smith
Legionary
posted 01 October 2006 08:44 EDT (US)     2 / 117       
holy shit, 11 ggis? wow... not that ill have a problem (i have 200 unused gigs) but... i wonder how big the demo will be!

[This message has been edited by A Smith (edited 10-01-2006 @ 08:45 AM).]

Thecrayfish
Banned
posted 01 October 2006 10:35 EDT (US)     3 / 117       
YAY! I can run it too!!
MisplacedPope
Legionary
(id: misplacedgeneral)
posted 01 October 2006 10:50 EDT (US)     4 / 117       
Eh, how does this compare to the RTW specifications (I am very, very illiterate in the techno babble in that topic header)

"It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good." Jack Nicholson
Carthage
Legionary
posted 01 October 2006 10:57 EDT (US)     5 / 117       
they are roughly double apart from the harddisk space.

Carthage
No, no it's not

Carthage
Legionary
posted 01 October 2006 12:42 EDT (US)     6 / 117       
Do you think this rig will run it Ok.
2.26 pentium 4 processer
512MB RAM
GeForce fx 5200

I'm not bothered about having the highest graphics settings, all I want is to be able to play the game on medium or higher scale settings.

Carthage
No, no it's not

[This message has been edited by Carthage (edited 10-01-2006 @ 12:43 PM).]

Sir Ran Harder
Legionary
posted 01 October 2006 14:11 EDT (US)     7 / 117       
Ok, I think I am ok to run this, but im concerned about the end part,

"Important Note: Some cards may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by Medieval II: Total War. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX® 9.0c compatibility."

Can anyone explain exactly how I will be able to check for this before the game is released, ie. if I can play ROME TW will that mean I can play this, or if i can play the Medieval 2 Demo, will I be able to play it, can anyone help?

D Furius Venator
HG Alumnus
posted 01 October 2006 14:23 EDT (US)     8 / 117       
Generally if you can run any game with DirectX 9.0c, you should be fine (assuming your other specs areup to snuff).

I must say that the graphical requirements for the TW series are getting a bit high for my taste. I mean, it's all very well having amazing graphics but it is a strategy game, not a fps nonsense shoot 'em up. As it happens thanks to a disaster with a cup of tea I now have a laptop that'll run it fairly well but I think CA are perhaps getting a bit carried away in that respec.

Civile! Si ergo fortibusis in ero.
Wassis inem causan dux?
Gnossis vile demsis trux!

I suggest that before badgering for a translation you take the time to read it out loud. Thankyou.
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 01 October 2006 14:56 EDT (US)     9 / 117       
Yes I can run it! *does macarena dance* HOO RAAHHH!

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
Stormraider
Tribunus Militum
posted 01 October 2006 15:14 EDT (US)     10 / 117       
What in the name of Grated Cheese do they need 11 Gigs of HD space for?

"we have an agenda, a character assassination agenda, assassinating characters is what we do for a living" - Sukkit
Tarquinius
Legionary
posted 01 October 2006 15:21 EDT (US)     11 / 117       
That's what I was thinking aswell

<Add signature here>
MisplacedPope
Legionary
posted 01 October 2006 15:42 EDT (US)     12 / 117       

Quote:

Why, the addition of America and Americans, of course.

"It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good." Jack Nicholson
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 01 October 2006 15:58 EDT (US)     13 / 117       
You know, I knew the exact wording of the above post before I read it

Hm... I need to check with my Dad...

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
MisplacedPope
Legionary
posted 01 October 2006 16:39 EDT (US)     14 / 117       
That is obviously because you realize the truth and greatness in my words. Its ok, you can touch me, I'm real, not a god or anything like that, despite my brilliance.

[This message has been edited by misplacedgeneral (edited 10-01-2006 @ 04:40 PM).]

Mechstra
Banned
posted 01 October 2006 16:52 EDT (US)     15 / 117       

Quote:

Why, the addition of America and Americans, of course.

God's sake. You're like a bloody broken record.

And we're talking 'Batman soundtrack' here rather than 'The White Album'.

MisplacedPope
Legionary
posted 01 October 2006 16:55 EDT (US)     16 / 117       
I did the Americans thing just for you, I actually agree with Furius and think they are adding in way to much graphics, I used to enjoy playing with MTW graphics, in fact I still do, if only tactics gained a little more use (flank attacks and such just didn't seem to work as well.)

yesokalright
Legionary
posted 02 October 2006 02:45 EDT (US)     17 / 117       
i agree with misplacedgeneral on the graphics here, its nice but not neccisary, a slight improvement from Rome is all it really needed, the main focus should have been sorting out the problems of the Campain map but it looks like they have done that too...and the addition of the Americas is excellent, it provides a nice event which adds variation to the game.
lars573
Legionary
posted 02 October 2006 10:22 EDT (US)     18 / 117       

Quote:

Simple mix and match armies means the number of skins and models in the game is x5 of what it normally would be. Basically the lack of clone armies means you have 5 seperate skins for each unit. Which are combined ramdomly. Plus some units get all new skins when they get armour/weapon upgrades. Read the description of Byzantine cav. They go from quilted armour to brrigandine armour if you do upgrades.

Your monarchist friend Lars

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Rozanov
Legionary
posted 02 October 2006 10:57 EDT (US)     19 / 117       
11 Gbs sounds a lot of space.

but I expect quite a bit will also be taken up by:

sound files and in game movies.

GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 02 October 2006 11:01 EDT (US)     20 / 117       
Stickied.

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok
Ichbinian
Legionary
posted 04 October 2006 22:18 EDT (US)     21 / 117       
11 GIGS? Whoa. I'm getting a gig of RAM soon, so I'll be able to run it pretty well.

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
Romanos Diogenes
Legionary
posted 05 October 2006 01:46 EDT (US)     22 / 117       
I always liked RTS games (especially the total war series) for their emphasis on gameplay over strategy. Creative Assembly have now sunk into the same hole with Ensemble Studios for making insane graphics more important over gameplay. I'm in college and I don't have the money to upgrade my computer every year. *cries* I guess I will play the old medieval/Rome/BI/Alexander forever...

11GB? cmon...what are you guys thinking?!

You have a valid point, but there are far better ways of making it. Check your Email.
-yak.

[This message has been edited by yakcamkir (edited 10-05-2006 @ 12:50 PM).]

Lingwei
Legionary
posted 05 October 2006 03:01 EDT (US)     23 / 117       

Quote:

I'm in college and I don't have the money to upgrade my computer every year

Same here. Just do what I'm doing, buy the game and then in a couple of years you can buy a brand new computer and play all the games that you have accumulated over the preceding years.

It is also possible that you may be able to play the campaign map, which presumably would not have as taxing graphic requirements. Just use the autoresolve button for the battles.

I got a signaturectomy again.
Aussie Lord
Legionary
posted 05 October 2006 04:12 EDT (US)     24 / 117       
Will my computer work well
with medieval 2 total war

Intel Pentium processor 1.73 Ghz
1.73 Ghz, 0.99GB of RAM
Display adaptor 915gm/gms, 910mgl express family chipset

I don't know much about computer stuff so can someone tell me and if i meet the system requirements and if so can i run the game well?

[This message has been edited by Aussie Lord (edited 10-05-2006 @ 04:15 AM).]

yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 05 October 2006 12:51 EDT (US)     25 / 117       

Quote:

I would assume for the different unit skins rather than just the one. I would hope that a fair bit of it is coding for a more sophisticated diplomacy AI as well.

Romanos Diogenes, there is no need for that sort of an attack on CA, although you do have a right to be annoyed if you can't afford to upgrade your system.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 5  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames