You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2: Total War Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.117 replies, Sticky
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Total War Discussion » Official System Requirements
Bottom
Topic Subject:Official System Requirements
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5  Next Page »
von Nelson
Legionary
(id: General_Nelson)
posted 01 October 2006 03:34 EDT (US)         
Sega released the official system requirements here

Quote:

OS- Windows XP/2000
Processor- Celeron 1.5GHz Pentium 4 (1500MHz) or equivalent AMD processor
Memory- 512MB
Optical Drive- 8x Speed DVD-ROM drive
Disk Space- 11GB of uncompressed free hard disk space
Sound Card- 100% DirectX® 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card and latest drivers
DirectX- DirectX® 9.0c
Graphics Card- 128MB Hardware Accelerated video card with Shader 1 supportand the latest drivers. Must be 100% DirectX® 9.0c compatible.
Display Resolution- 1024x768
Internet- Internet (TCP / IP) play supported; Internet play requires broadband connection and latest drivers; LAN play requires Network card.

Important Note: Some cards may not be compatible with the 3D acceleration features utilized by Medieval II: Total War. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% DirectX® 9.0c compatibility.

Additional details:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2. All CPUs must be fully SSE2 compatible for the demo.
SSE2 is only required for the demo, SSE is acceptable for the game. The frame rate is also improved.

Any questions on whether or not your computer can run M2:TW can be asked here, and should be answered reasonably quickly

< Jarrod Nelson>
Nelson looks good in his pics - Gaurdian_112
Wow, Nelson's awfully cute... - HP Lovesauce
Thanks for ruining something that I've waited over 6 years for. - Redneck93
It might be a bit of an odd moment to say so, but I still think Nelson's smile is awesome. - Hnossa
THIS SIGNATURE IS A TESTAMENT TO MY VANITY

[This message has been edited by Admiral_Nelson (edited 12-24-2006 @ 07:15 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Rozanov
Legionary
posted 01 February 2007 06:59 EDT (US)     76 / 117       
specs for the nvidia 6150 here:
http://www.nvidia.com/page/nb_6100_tech_specs.html

says it supports shader 3.0 which is a good sign.

and 2GB RAM looks promising.

However proof of pudding and all that.

(any chance you can get the vendors to check that you can play M2:TW - get it in writing, then if it doesn't you should be able to return for refund as not fit for purpose.)

RiderOfEternity
Legionary
posted 03 February 2007 06:41 EDT (US)     77 / 117       
That graphics card has a lot of features, but that doesn't mean it's good. In fact that's quite a slow card, so if you can I'd suggest getting something better.

Leader of Liquid Fire. Animator Seb C.

One does not simply leave HG
ZeOwen
Legionary
posted 24 February 2007 16:45 EDT (US)     78 / 117       
Hi, i used to play on quite low settings that worked well, i reinstalled the game and saw the beauty good graphics. So i'm thinking of getting a graphics card for my birthday,

my current specs are:

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm)64 X2 Dual 1.80GHz processor 3800+
1.00 GB of RAM (special stuff i think, definately enough)
ati radeon x1300 pro

The ati radeon x1300 pro is definately good, worth £50-£100.. But it's stuttery at high graphics, low graphics it is perfectly capable at.. I'm looking for a gaming driver or so, hopefully my parents can fork out £150+ hehe..

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A0775615 in my dreams .

I was thinking of a good graphics card for games, up to £150, maybe something you use? Well i just want to play on high graphics with large unit scale :P!

Bloody Nation.Bloody NationBloody Nation!!
Vicente Lamanna
Legionary
posted 09 March 2007 23:07 EDT (US)     79 / 117       
I just got the game last month but for some reason my game is realy slow when it comes to the battle ground. what do you think is my problem. I have rome total war and it plays fine. I am afraid it could be the graphic card.

Intel D915GAG Motherboard

256MBDDR PC3200 256MBDDR PC3200 EMPTY EMPTY .

Maximum Memory Capacity: 4096MB
Currently Installed Memory: 512MB
Available Memory Slots: 2
Number of Banks: 4
Dual Channel Support: Yes
CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
CPU Family: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz Model 3, Stepping 4
CPU Speed: 3200 MHz

Let the GOD MARS take me to VICTORY! And bring crowns of GLORY! VICENTII

http://www.roman-empire.net/emperors/emp-index.html

zhangxy
Legionary
posted 25 March 2007 20:23 EDT (US)     80 / 117       
what about your video card? (I don't think my comp. has 128mb video card, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!)
Slug For A Butt
Legionary
posted 27 March 2007 23:04 EDT (US)     81 / 117       
512mb ram isn't going to help. You really need to double that, it's cheap atm too.
NoIvIeRcY
Legionary
posted 02 May 2007 11:54 EDT (US)     82 / 117       
My system can run this game on low settings and huge unit scale.

Not bad considering that it's a crappy system;

ATI Radeon X600
512MB Ram
Intel Pentium 3Ghz
150GB 7200RPM Harddrive

However I have ordered this baby

8800GTS
2GB Ram
Intel Core Duo E6600
250GB 7200RPM Harddrive

Just hope it can run the game on max settings.

Chalupa Batman
Centurion
(id: ccsantos)
posted 02 May 2007 14:19 EDT (US)     83 / 117       
Good setup!

I have:
Intel core duo E6600 processor as well (2.4ghz X 2) !!!
1GB memory (I wish I could afford another 1GB)
74GB Western Digital Raptor HD (10k rpms!!)
Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT graphics.

High settings everything runs beautifully.

As-Salaam-Alaikum

[This message has been edited by ccsantos (edited 05-02-2007 @ 02:20 PM).]

Carthage
Legionary
posted 02 May 2007 15:22 EDT (US)     84 / 117       
Great setups both of you! My system is kinda outdated But I should be getting a new one later this year.

Carthage
And beyond, green fields under a swift sunrise
Oh well, thats not so bad, is it?
No, no it's not

Proud joint winner of the M2TWH Saladin award
Selifator
Legionary
posted 02 May 2007 15:29 EDT (US)     85 / 117       
When I first heard of M2-TW, I didn't think that I would be able to play it. My old pc wasn't really good, but I got a new one recently:
nvidia 7300, 128mb DDR2
1 gig of RAM
250 gig HD
vista.
Not bad, altogether.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
NoIvIeRcY
Legionary
posted 02 May 2007 15:37 EDT (US)     86 / 117       
I guess if you can run the game on high then maybe I should be able to do the same santos.

Not a bad system sefilator, easy to upgrade in the future as well.

Scud
Primus inter pares
posted 12 May 2007 11:38 EDT (US)     87 / 117       
I purchased RTW around a month and a half ago, and I was thinking of buying MTWII (not that I am bored of RTW, but I've been looking at this, and it is a good game).

I like to play on large unit scale on RTW and it doesn't lag unless there are around 7,000 units in a battle, which is very rare, espically rare in campaign mode I have found.

Anyway, my specs are:

• Windows XP
  • Processor: Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80ghz (2 CPUS)
  • Memory: 1022MG RAM (1 gig)
  • Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE (512meg)

Will I be able to play on large scale and still enjoy the game without lag?

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
    "Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
    "Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia

[This message has been edited by Scud (edited 05-12-2007 @ 11:39 AM).]

• Sgt Schultz
    Legionary
    posted 12 May 2007 12:29 EDT (US)     88 / 117       
    You should be able to play on the large unit scale without lag as long as the graphics are not to high, and even on low they are far superior to RTW's. You should make sure that shadows are turned off. They are the biggest drain on performance.

If you want to play on large unit scales with high graphics quality, you will need to upgrade to a better video card. www.newegg.com is a good place to look if you live in the US.

All of your other specs appear fine, and should run the game beautifully.

I see nothing. Nothing!
    Scud
    Primus inter pares
    posted 12 May 2007 13:27 EDT (US)     89 / 117       
    That's good then, I'll purchase it once I have finished my exams and/or conquer the world as Pontus in RTW.

My graphics card I won't want to upgrade considering I got my PC inlcluding a 19" TFT 1440x900 widescreen monitor all for only £500, which is pretty good value I think.

It's good to hear I cna play on large unit scale, but I don't mind turning off shadows, for I do that in a few I play on my PC, I turn off shadows to reduce lag - but the graphics are still ok.

¬_¬ Scuddles: Rhymes with huggles© ¬_¬
    "Scud: the man who could even make God feel foolish." - A Banned User
    "Anyway, Scud's not mean, it's not in his nature...he is a bit eccentric though!" - Anastasia

[This message has been edited by Scud (edited 05-12-2007 @ 01:27 PM).]

Essayons89
    Legionary
    posted 16 May 2007 20:28 EDT (US)     90 / 117       
    I had to install a new video card to play the game. My computer had the minimum amount of recommended RAM on it so yesterday I upgraded to 1GB (soon to be maxed out at 2GB) and it runs so much better.
    Barley
    Legionary
    posted 09 June 2007 04:57 EDT (US)     91 / 117       
    Im having problems with jerky game play, i.e. game momentarily freezes all the time and ive not been able to play the game with any level of enjoyment.

Im running the game settings on medium (lower than the default it suggests my pc can run it) any suggestions?

Oh and I have a pretty swish PC so I cant work out what could be the problem.

Duel Core Duo 6600 2.4Ghz x2
    Geforce 1GB Graphics Card
    2GB 667 DDR2 RAM
    320 GB 7200rpm HDD
    Chalupa Batman
    Centurion
    posted 09 June 2007 05:11 EDT (US)     92 / 117       
    Check to see if there is dust building up on those parts you mentioned, if there is, clean them with a dust can air spray. Try re-seating the memory modules, and video card. Has any other game acted up on you this way? How old is the video card? Do you have 1.2 patch? Anything else you might want to mention about the game and your pc that you question yourself?

What kind of power supply/wattage? How old is it? Do you have spare parts to switch out and test with?

As-Salaam-Alaikum

[This message has been edited by ccsantos (edited 06-09-2007 @ 05:12 AM).]

Koalabear
    Legionary
    posted 09 June 2007 05:24 EDT (US)     93 / 117       
    Well your system seems perfect. You have almost the same system than me but im using dual core duo 1,86 Ghz so that means you have better system than I have and mine runs the game perfectly on highest settings..

Maybe some part doesnt match your comp? Maybe RAM or something.. Or maybe if you dont have a patch.
    JackB1987
    Legionary
    posted 22 June 2007 16:14 EDT (US)     94 / 117       
    Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me out.

When I click 'Basic Information About Your Computer', I get this:

Intel (R)
    Caleron (R) CPU 2.50Ghz
    2.49Ghz, 1.00GB of RAM

Is this fine? I have troubles playing RTW, btu I think that is because of my video card.

I bought MII:TW on the off chance it would work. When I double click, it basically says I need a new GFX card (Something to do with pixel shader), which is fine. I thought I would have to get a new one.

Do you guys have any idea what I should get? I probably want to spend around £100, but I will pay more if essential, but I'm nto a big gamer, so it'd be kinda pointless to go over what's needed.

I really don't have much clue about computers, so I'll leave it in your capable hands. If you could pick me out something from here: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Products.ASP?CatID=15&Category=Graphics+Cards&Thumbnails=yes,that'd be fantastic.

Thanks a lot!
    Jack

[This message has been edited by JackB1987 (edited 06-22-2007 @ 05:30 PM).]

Chalupa Batman
    Centurion
    posted 22 June 2007 18:38 EDT (US)     95 / 117       
    Hey Jack, I am glad to help. I just need a little more information. What type of motherboard do you have? To help you find out what video card would work, we'll need to know if your motherboard supports AGP or PCI-Express video cards.

AGP?
    OR
    PCI-Express?

As-Salaam-Alaikum
    shadowarmy
    Legionary
    (id: shadowarmy75)
    posted 16 August 2007 21:30 EDT (US)     96 / 117       
    If he's still using APG, I would recommend him to just replace his mobo. It should still be under his budget and let him get a DX 10 card.

"The most virtuous are those who content themselves with being virtuous without seeking to appear so."-Plato
    jheude1992
    Legionary
    posted 30 October 2007 06:51 EDT (US)     97 / 117       
    um, my video adapters are Radeon 9800 XT, and Radeon 9800 XT SEC, are they ok? plus, i can see the main menu and other menus in the game, but every time i load a game, and finishes, the screen goes black and i cant see a thing but the game has already started...!!! HELP ME!!!

Vini, vidi, vici. - Gaias Julius Caesar
    jimUK
    Legionary
    posted 07 November 2007 08:44 EDT (US)     98 / 117       
    my comp used to run RTW perfectly well on medium graphics, large unit scales and i hardly ever got low frame rates...
    now, i bought M2TW, ive got it on the lowest possible graphics, and low unit scale, but even the campaign map jitters :O
    Wakain
    Legionary
    posted 07 November 2007 11:17 EDT (US)     99 / 117       
    yeah shit happens, but I think you could've seen that one comin' if you can only play rtw in medium graphics, m2tw will be out of reach by far!!

-=Wakain=-
    jimUK
    Legionary
    posted 07 November 2007 11:54 EDT (US)     100 / 117       
    appreciate the help...
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames