You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2: Total War Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.68 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Total War Discussion » CONTEST: Win an INVITE to the Medieval 2 Gold Code Day in London November 8!
Bottom
Topic Subject:CONTEST: Win an INVITE to the Medieval 2 Gold Code Day in London November 8!
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 20 October 2006 08:49 EDT (US)         

Please note that the date of the Gold Code Day has been postponed to November 8, and that the deadline has been extended to October 30!

We at Rome: Total War Heaven are pleased to announce, as one of the largest and best Total War Communities, that one of you, the dedicated fans of CA and Total War, will obtain the privilege of playtesting Medieval 2 before your peers at the SEGA Europe HeadQuarters on November 3. Imagine, you'll be one of the very first people of the world to check out the gold code version!

There's one catch, however. Remember that we have only one invite to give away, and obtaining it is no easy task.

Simply put, show us that you deserve to go! How, you may ask?

It is up to you to perform something of startling originality: tell us what you're going to do, how you're going to do it and when you're going to do it. And most importantly, DO IT and report the whole thing to us in this very thread - provide proof that it has been carried out in the form of a sequence of photographs.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: Contestants must be aged 16 years or more as this is the age rating of Medieval 2 Total War. The winner must be able to get to Kew Bridge in London on the morning of the 8th of November.

Entries are to be posted in this thread no later than October 30!

Conditions:

- It must be legal, both in the UK and in your home country if different.

- It must be realistic. No asking the Pope whether another Crusade to the Holy Land is in order... ok, nothing wrong in asking him, but good luck getting by the guards!

- It must be decent. So, sorry, no marathon orgies or other naughtiness that might spring to mind, are going to win.

- No cruelty to animals (or humans, for that matter) will be acceptable.

- Doing stupidly life-endangering stuff won't help you win. If you injure yourself, that's your problem, because we warned you NOT to do dangerous stuff.

- Remember that whatever you do is at your own risk.

- HAVE FUN!

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok

[This message has been edited by GLORYOFSPARTA (edited 10-27-2006 @ 07:00 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Saranalos
Legionary
posted 02 November 2006 15:44 EDT (US)     51 / 68       
You can still say the game is awesome though. Or terrible, they don't restrict you in that.

Join the Citadel: Total War mod. A modification for Rome: Total War.
Citadel: Total War
Saranalos and Custer's game
I love my bowler hat!
GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 03 November 2006 04:56 EDT (US)     52 / 68       
The issue is settled, folks! After hours and hours of consideration, we have selected the winner. No need to say that both entries were very good and funny, and that it was close between the two. The winner of our exclusive Gold Code Day invite is ben_is_sparky, who beat Saranalos' PC game box castle with his "Everyone can rule the world with Medieval 2 Total War" idea, by the nose!

We would also like to say that both Saranalos and ben_is_sparky are worthy of a HG t-shirt! Saranalos, please send me your mailing info and t-shirt size.

Congrats guys!

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok

[This message has been edited by GLORYOFSPARTA (edited 11-08-2006 @ 06:56 PM).]

dsmi1
Legionary
posted 03 November 2006 05:07 EDT (US)     53 / 68       
congratulations ben, thought your cat photo was pretty funny.

commiserations to saranalos, least you got a shirt

DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 03 November 2006 05:43 EDT (US)     54 / 68       
Yeah congrats ben_is_sparky!

And to Saranalos and Xanther your entries are awesome!

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
Saranalos
Legionary
posted 03 November 2006 07:00 EDT (US)     55 / 68       
Congratulations Ben. Still, I get a shirt so not all is bad.

I love my bowler hat!
Lingwei
Legionary
posted 03 November 2006 10:34 EDT (US)     56 / 68       
Enjoy your day.

I got a signaturectomy again.
GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 03 November 2006 11:15 EDT (US)     57 / 68       
We also think that Darth Xanther, who wasn't actually entering the competition with his homemade ballista, shouldn't be left out.

[This message has been edited by GLORYOFSPARTA (edited 11-03-2006 @ 11:15 AM).]

Darth Xanther
Legionary
posted 03 November 2006 12:43 EDT (US)     58 / 68       
Congrats ben_is_sparky, enjoy it!! And remember, i'm expecting a nice summary of your experience posted here Yep the t-shirt should be prety cool non the less Saranalos. Both were good ideas.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 03 November 2006 13:12 EDT (US)     59 / 68       
Remeber we want a Detailed and critical review

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Saranalos
Legionary
posted 03 November 2006 13:52 EDT (US)     60 / 68       
Hehe, nice work Darth Xanther. Winning a t-shirt and not even being in the competition. I would imagine that being hard.

I love my bowler hat!
Darth Xanther
Legionary
posted 03 November 2006 16:33 EDT (US)     61 / 68       
What t-shirt? Only those who ACTUALLy entered the contest get a t shirt. I would imagin that shiping cost would be way to much to ship it here in canada from Britain anyway. I'm just happy that you peeps enjoyed the pics
Ichbinian
Legionary
posted 03 November 2006 22:20 EDT (US)     62 / 68       
Congrats to the winners!

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!
Saranalos
Legionary
posted 04 November 2006 08:31 EDT (US)     63 / 68       

Quote:

What t-shirt? Only those who ACTUALLy entered the contest get a t shirt.

No, GoS said you get one too.

I love my bowler hat!
ben_is_sparky
Legionary
posted 05 November 2006 03:54 EDT (US)     64 / 68       
Wow, thanks! I'll certainly report back on how it goes and what the game looks like. (My guess is a very predictible exellent )

If there's a chance to ask questions, etc, is there anything I should find out?

yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 05 November 2006 05:35 EDT (US)     65 / 68       
Congratulations, ben_is_sparky.

You know the game as well as anyone else, just find out what you think is interesting and what you think is good.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
Lingwei
Legionary
posted 05 November 2006 05:47 EDT (US)     66 / 68       
About diplomacy.

I got a signaturectomy again.
Nikephoros
Legionary
posted 05 November 2006 11:07 EDT (US)     67 / 68       
Congratulations, have a good time! Pitty, though - would have been a good excuse for going to London .

Basileus Basile˘n, Basileu˘n Basileuont˘n
(King of Kings, Ruler of Rulers)

- Motto of House Palaiologos, Eastern Roman Emperors 1258-1453

GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 05 November 2006 11:28 EDT (US)     68 / 68       

Quote:

I would imagin that shiping cost would be way to much to ship it here in canada from Britain anyway.

Nah, we're shipping all our HG paraphernalia from the US.

Quote:

If there's a chance to ask questions, etc, is there anything I should find out?

I think we've got a pretty good handle on the game now, but if you happen to meet CaptainFishpants and / or The Shogun do give him / them a firm hug from me, will you?

[This message has been edited by GLORYOFSPARTA (edited 11-05-2006 @ 11:30 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames