You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2: Total War Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.68 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Total War Discussion » CONTEST: Win an INVITE to the Medieval 2 Gold Code Day in London November 8!
Bottom
Topic Subject:CONTEST: Win an INVITE to the Medieval 2 Gold Code Day in London November 8!
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 20 October 2006 08:49 EDT (US)         

Please note that the date of the Gold Code Day has been postponed to November 8, and that the deadline has been extended to October 30!

We at Rome: Total War Heaven are pleased to announce, as one of the largest and best Total War Communities, that one of you, the dedicated fans of CA and Total War, will obtain the privilege of playtesting Medieval 2 before your peers at the SEGA Europe HeadQuarters on November 3. Imagine, you'll be one of the very first people of the world to check out the gold code version!

There's one catch, however. Remember that we have only one invite to give away, and obtaining it is no easy task.

Simply put, show us that you deserve to go! How, you may ask?

It is up to you to perform something of startling originality: tell us what you're going to do, how you're going to do it and when you're going to do it. And most importantly, DO IT and report the whole thing to us in this very thread - provide proof that it has been carried out in the form of a sequence of photographs.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: Contestants must be aged 16 years or more as this is the age rating of Medieval 2 Total War. The winner must be able to get to Kew Bridge in London on the morning of the 8th of November.

Entries are to be posted in this thread no later than October 30!

Conditions:

- It must be legal, both in the UK and in your home country if different.

- It must be realistic. No asking the Pope whether another Crusade to the Holy Land is in order... ok, nothing wrong in asking him, but good luck getting by the guards!

- It must be decent. So, sorry, no marathon orgies or other naughtiness that might spring to mind, are going to win.

- No cruelty to animals (or humans, for that matter) will be acceptable.

- Doing stupidly life-endangering stuff won't help you win. If you injure yourself, that's your problem, because we warned you NOT to do dangerous stuff.

- Remember that whatever you do is at your own risk.

- HAVE FUN!

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok

[This message has been edited by GLORYOFSPARTA (edited 10-27-2006 @ 07:00 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Duan Xuan
Legionary
posted 20 October 2006 09:17 EDT (US)     1 / 68       
What about air tickets if the winner isn't from the UK?
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 20 October 2006 10:14 EDT (US)     2 / 68       
Unfortunately, we can't help with that. Even more unfortunately I have prior engagements, otherwise I'd be there.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 20 October 2006 10:34 EDT (US)     3 / 68       
Dam! I'm buisy on the 3rd.
I was seriusly considering spilling the beans to my parents about HG until I read that part.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
ben_is_sparky
Legionary
posted 20 October 2006 11:59 EDT (US)     4 / 68       
Now there's an interesting compettiton... Now all I need is an idea and some er.. *willing* volunteers...
DominicusUltimus
Legate
posted 20 October 2006 16:45 EDT (US)     5 / 68       
I'm out . Not only do I have final exams on the 1st and the 2nd but my grandma's flying in from the Philippines to visit on the 2nd or 3rd. Sorry I can't join in, but best of luck to whoever enters!

"Life is more fun when you are insane. Just let go occasionally".- yakcamkir 12:14
"It is not numbers, but vision that wins wars." - Antiochus VII Sidetes
"My magic screen is constantly bombarded with nubile young things eager to please these old eyes. This truly is a wonderful period in which to exist! - Terikel Grayhair
Angel of Total War: Rome II Heaven and the Total War: Attila Forums
Saranalos
Legionary
posted 20 October 2006 17:51 EDT (US)     6 / 68       
*builds trebuchet*

Nah, I'm too lazy to do anything like that. But anyhow, does it have to be related to Medieval Total War II? Or can it be anything original, such as grabbing my skates, and attempting to skate through a crowded shopping mall at full speed? Or say leap off a pier, or play chicken with a train?(Just examples)

Join the Citadel: Total War mod. A modification for Rome: Total War.
Citadel: Total War
Saranalos and Custer's game
I love my bowler hat!
Blood Phoenix
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 20 October 2006 17:55 EDT (US)     7 / 68       
Sounds sweet. Now all I need is a witty idea.

Dang you, non-creative mind.

B L O O D P H O E N I X
Lurking at HG since 2004
yakcamkir
Seraph Emeritus
posted 20 October 2006 19:27 EDT (US)     8 / 68       

Quote:

Or can it be anything original, such as grabbing my skates, and attempting to skate through a crowded shopping mall at full speed? Or say leap off a pier, or play chicken with a train?(Just examples)

Since all of those examples are either illegal in the UK or would get you sectioned, then no. Something original should be allowed, since there isn't any mention of it having to do with M2TW.

Rome: Total War Heaven | Medieval II: Total War Heaven | Empire: Total War Heaven
"Do not stand behind Satan in the Post Office queue because the devil takes many forms."
"Your front-page picture of Kate Winslet with a plunging neckline being up for two golden globes was most appropriate."

Unpublished letters to the Daily Telegraph
Brock88
Legionary
posted 20 October 2006 20:10 EDT (US)     9 / 68       
It's too damn bad I dont live in england.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away.
Winner of 2005 OD : Best Ownage, Funniest Newbie, and Dinoman Award
"Mastering Others is Strength, Mastering yourself makes you fearless -Lao Tzu"
Ichbinian
Legionary
posted 20 October 2006 20:44 EDT (US)     10 / 68       
Great! But that deadline is already fast approaching...

Quote:

since there isn't any mention of it having to do with M2TW.

Aha. Then perhaps I could do something concerning hockey...

Ichbinian
Oldie from RTWH!

[This message has been edited by Ichbinian (edited 10-20-2006 @ 09:35 PM).]

Aeneas2
Legionary
posted 20 October 2006 21:12 EDT (US)     11 / 68       
Now if only I had a semi-creative mind and didn't live thousands of miles away from London.

Aeneas l BFME2 Heaven l WiC Heaven
"The most important thing is to remember to have fun! After all, what else could be the point of nuking your friends?" - Cheesewiz
filmdirector2
Legionary
posted 21 October 2006 07:30 EDT (US)     12 / 68       
I would be going, except the whole missing school to go to London to play video games catch.
Saranalos
Legionary
posted 21 October 2006 10:07 EDT (US)     13 / 68       

Quote:

Since all of those examples are either illegal in the UK or would get you sectioned, then no. Something original should be allowed, since there isn't any mention of it having to do with M2TW.

Pier jumping isn't illegal. And anyhow, I don't live in the UK, just near it. If I did, wouldn't it be legal for me to kill a Scotsman on a sunday with a longbow? (No, I know there are other laws that would make it illegal)

And since no-one has entered right now, if I do anything it'd almost get me to be the winner. For a legal example, I could say I am building a castle out of my PC Game boxes... Right?(C)

I love my bowler hat!
GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 21 October 2006 10:48 EDT (US)     14 / 68       

Quote:

For a legal example, I could say I am building a castle out of my PC Game boxes... Right?(C)

Go ahead!

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok
Saranalos
Legionary
posted 21 October 2006 12:02 EDT (US)     15 / 68       
Brilliant, can I enter that as my entry then?

Building a castle out of PC Game boxes. Then I'll take a photo... Must attempt it first of course. *tries*

Edit: Wow this is hard to build. Okay, finished. Uploading pictures...

I love my bowler hat!

[This message has been edited by Saranalos (edited 10-21-2006 @ 12:54 PM).]

Primo
Legionary
(id: Marcus Orentius)
posted 21 October 2006 18:47 EDT (US)     16 / 68       
I don't think I can afford to miss school for this. I've missed too much already.

Exilian - a website for mods for Mount&Blade, Rome Total War, Empire Total War and news about Shogun 2: Total War
"There is no extreme metal, death metal, progressive metal or vegetarian metal." - Tryhard
"Light infantry, rangers, and riflemen all have the unique ability to pull yard-long poles from their arseholes and plant them in order to stave off cavalry." - BurningSushi460
Saranalos
Legionary
posted 21 October 2006 20:27 EDT (US)     17 / 68       
Okay, here goes.

1).

2).

3).

4).

5).

6).

Okay, that's my entry. That is a lot harder to build than it would look. It fell down shortly afterwards, when my cat leapt ontop of it.

And I have mid-term break on November 3rd. And permission to go to London should I actually win, so woohoo.

I love my bowler hat!
GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 22 October 2006 05:55 EDT (US)     18 / 68       
Good job, Saranalos!

I do like how you flaunted your Total War game boxes there (just a question out of curiosity, why is it that you have duplicates of MTW and VI?).

[This message has been edited by GLORYOFSPARTA (edited 10-22-2006 @ 05:56 AM).]

Saranalos
Legionary
posted 22 October 2006 09:11 EDT (US)     19 / 68       
Oh I don't have duplicates, that is the box they came in. I simply took them out of it, and used it as a kind of display. And thank you for your compliment, it took over an hour to build since I had to use only PC game boxes, and they needed to be balanced just right.

I love my bowler hat!
ben_is_sparky
Legionary
posted 22 October 2006 13:51 EDT (US)     20 / 68       
Hey, that looks good! I was wondering if anyone was going to enter!

Is this a HG only thing or are lots of places offering this? As in, is there 1 HG ticket, and others from other places, or does everyone play for just the one?

Ok never mind then.

[This message has been edited by ben_is_sparky (edited 10-22-2006 @ 02:44 PM).]

GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 22 October 2006 15:15 EDT (US)     21 / 68       
Fact is that HG, the Org and TW Center were given one invite ticket each to be fought over by the forumers from respective site in some sort of competition, but HG seems to be the first place arranging such a thing so far.

[This message has been edited by GLORYOFSPARTA (edited 10-22-2006 @ 03:16 PM).]

Saranalos
Legionary
posted 23 October 2006 12:02 EDT (US)     22 / 68       
So are all these things going to be taking place on the same day?

I love my bowler hat!
Darth Xanther
Legionary
posted 23 October 2006 13:25 EDT (US)     23 / 68       
Hello there,

I've watched this site for a long time, and I just love the help, ideas and general knowlege provided by the countless fans of RTW. Age of empires (1-3) use to be my favorite series of games until I got RTW and BI about a year ago, haven't played many other games since. I feel this is the closest i'll ever get to ancient times. (I'm sure I should have been born prior to 500 years ago). Any how I'm from Canada and don't have the money to get to England. However I'd like to share my pics of my balista/scorpion (you'll understand when you see the pic why it's a combo of teh 2) anyway just since some of you might appreciate my efforts. However it has occured to me that I don't know how to post pics. I shall return with pics when I find out how to post them.

Saranalos
Legionary
posted 23 October 2006 14:28 EDT (US)     24 / 68       
Well to post images, go to www.imageshack.usand host your files there. Then use the code provided in the "Thumbnail for Forums 1" box. I'd I for one would like to see the ballista you made... I've made a few small things myself, but I mean REALLY small. The best one was a working wooden cannon.

I love my bowler hat!
ben_is_sparky
Legionary
posted 23 October 2006 14:36 EDT (US)     25 / 68       

Quote:

tell us what you're going to do, how you're going to do it and when you're going to do it.

I'll be using mr King himself to prove that anyone can rule an empire with M2:TW

I built a trebuchet once, which could throw potatoes, that was cool. I've got a mini one made from paperclips, too, that I made a couple weeks ago.

[This message has been edited by ben_is_sparky (edited 10-23-2006 @ 02:37 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames