Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Total War Discussion » Editing Units
Bottom
Topic Subject:Editing Units
Hanger_18
Legionary
posted 15 February 2016 23:04 EDT (US)         
i know how to actually edit the stats in the descr strat, however the changes never carry over into the game. what am i doing wrong here?
AuthorReplies:
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 16 February 2016 21:43 EDT (US)     1 / 3       
I don't think you're editing the correct file to change unit statistics. You need to check out this page to unpack your files (I'm not sure how up to date this is with new OS's or with a Steam copy; I can test it out with my Steam copy if you're having issues). Then, reference this page to make modifications to unit statistics.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
Dragonslayerelf
Legionary
posted 29 March 2016 14:58 EDT (US)     2 / 3       
To add onto this, I recently made an entire damn export_descr_unit file but the strings file isn't working with the followup of said page. Any suggestions?
Kaax Itzam
Legionary
posted 04 May 2016 14:16 EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Don't forget to edit the medieval2.preference.cfg in notepad, I recommend Notepad+, found in your main medieval 2 total war file

Go to the bottom of the page and type in:

[io]
file_first = true

Source is here, I'd recommend looking at it, explains things much better than I and includes fixes for a few other issues.

[url=http://medieval2.heavengames.com/m2tw/mod_portal/tutorials/using_unpacker/index.shtml][/url]
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames