You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2: Total War Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Total War Discussion » For King and Country
Bottom
Topic Subject:For King and Country
WonkyWay
Legionary
posted 11 March 2016 10:31 EDT (US)         
Being an x-Brit, the one thing I loved while going to school in 'Merry England' was the English Civil War, where I would have many 'Royalist' points of view with my first love, who just happened to be my teacher..... and I was only 13.. if only she knew..

Anyway to the point.... I found the above title 'For King and Country', and downloaded for 'Medieval 11', according to various other people it worked..but.. alas for me, it will not..bummer all round..
I followed the loading instructions, but to no avail..has anybody got a better instruction for loading then the basic one I followed, as somehow something does not feel right..

I also downloaded the American Civil War mod, onto one of the other Total War games, and that works fine, and the download instructions were very much the same, only with a couple of different files, which 'King and Country' does not have..

So if anybody can help me, I would be one hell of a 'Happy Camper'...

Alan..
PS... As a thought, does this work on 'Steam', as that is what I have it on.... Thanks everyone..

[This message has been edited by WonkyWay (edited 03-11-2016 @ 08:29 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 13 March 2016 10:31 EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Hei,

Steam versions and CD versions do differ slightly. I am not sure if the Stema version fully supports mods- you'd have to play with it and figure that out. My frst impression is that it doesn't.

I hope I am wrong.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
Kaax Itzam
Legionary
posted 04 May 2016 14:40 EDT (US)     2 / 2       
For Steam mods seem to work (worked for me): copy the mod file to the mods file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods), then you right click on M2TW in your library, select properties (at the bottom), and click set launch options. There you should have an empty box.

For mods put this the box:

--features.mod=mods/"your chosen mod"

An example:

--features.mod=mods/crusades

Kingdoms campaigns count as mods so you can use them to test this method.

I have a note pad with all the mod shortcuts so I can just copy and paste into the launch options.

If you have already done this, then I guess this may be of use for other readers. Note that installing mods for one total war game is not the same as the others, I'm guessing your civil war mod is for Empire or Napoleon which uses another engine so be wary of using installation methods for two games.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames