You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2: Total War Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Total War Discussion » Infuriating glitch
Bottom
Topic Subject:Infuriating glitch
jurijb08
Legionary
posted 30 April 2016 18:21 EDT (US)         
Greetings,

I am experiencing a glitch in the game that is driving me crazy. Every once in a while my game goes haywire. If I am on the campaign map, the glitch brings me back to the start of the turn, mutes the sound, opens the button configuration screen, and opens the text box in which you type in cheats. It also hides settlement names and displays character ones. If glitch happen during a battle, my game is also muted, it also displays the text box and button configuration screen, and hides the unit flags and descriptions. It also fast forwards the battle. What could be wrong? Is there something wrong with the game, my PC, which is an HP laptop, or is there something else? I tried reinstalling the game but it didn't help at all.
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 01 May 2016 04:52 EDT (US)     1 / 3       
I have never heard of a bug that was so comprehensive in its scope of action.

It sounds more like a virus of sorts, or a mod that didn't quite connect. Are you playing the Vanilla version, or have you added mods to your game?

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
jurijb08
Legionary
posted 01 May 2016 05:06 EDT (US)     2 / 3       
I don't have any mods and, as far as I know, there are no viruses on my computer. I did, however, change the amount of time that elapses between turns from 2 years to half a year. Could this be the problem?
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 03 May 2016 00:55 EDT (US)     3 / 3       
I would try setting it back to default and seeing if this goes away, because that's something that could definitely mess up your game.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames