Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Total War Discussion » Broken UI/HUD
Bottom
Topic Subject:Broken UI/HUD
Kaax Itzam
Legionary
posted 04 May 2016 14:08 EDT (US)         
I have been modding M2TW for a while now, small things like editing unit stats and such. I moved computer and things seemed to work except I noticed that my UI in battle was broken.

Unit mouse overs and main menu options themselves were broken, here is another example:

All my screenshots show Americas campaign but it did occur in the base game (foolishly I didn't screenshot it, but it was pretty much the same), therefore I decided that the issue had occurred in the main game files.
Therefore I put off coming here and decided to re-download the files for the base game (validating files as I am using a steam version) and all was fine when I checked the base game but when I went onto the Americas campaign (haven't tested the other Kingdoms campaigns), I received this:

I have never seen this problem ever, at least the previous problem was functioning (albeit annoying), here I couldn't use any of the menus and had to wait for the game to end naturally.

If you feel that this is a waste of time for you, then feel free to move onto another post that probably needs help more than me. Likelihood is I'll figure it out eventually and fix it, but I would be very grateful if someone could lend a hand. If I do fix it, it'll be a fluke and if someone could help me I'd know where I went wrong and how to avoid it in the future.

Additional: I'm sorry I wasn't clear on what files I had messed around with, it was generally all of them though I had only edited the units (both text and main data file), ancillaries and buildings file in the Americas data files. The whole process of file moving and unpacking was messy.

Thank you for your time.
AuthorReplies:
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 04 May 2016 20:56 EDT (US)     1 / 4       
Here's my suggestion; make a copy of all the files you've modded, saved games, etc. in a different directory. Then, uninstall MTW2 completely and make sure all files are gone. Next, reinstall and see if the problem has resolved itself. After that, start putting your modded files back into the appropriate places. See if a certain file seems to trigger the bug you're seeing or if things go back to normal.

You could probably figure that out on your own, but I figure'd I'd put it out there.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
Kaax Itzam
Legionary
posted 06 May 2016 11:34 EDT (US)     2 / 4       
I have done that, completely re-downloaded the files and unpacked. Before I put any modded files in the file I decided to test the game first and the problem still occurred.

This leads me to believe that:
1) When steam validates the files it might replace a corrupted file.
2) There is something wrong with the unpacker.
3) Another unseen problem.

Thanks for your help, though, it is appreciated.
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 07 May 2016 01:21 EDT (US)     3 / 4       
What happens if you open the game before unpacking the files?

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
Kaax Itzam
Legionary
posted 14 May 2016 16:15 EDT (US)     4 / 4       
Sorry for not responding for a while, I was sick of re-installing M2TW over and over again.

I tested the game and it works fine, it was only after unpacking that the glitch occurred again. The second glitch occurred when I unpacked the kingdoms data file before the main file so that is sort of solved.

Hope this helps.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames