You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2: Total War Discussion
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2: Total War Discussion » Modding > How to increase siege time?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Modding > How to increase siege time?
Zxy44
Legionary
posted 15 April 2020 15:28 EDT (US)         
Hello.
Do you know how the mechanics of surrender to the settlement after a certain amount of siege turn? Do you know in which file I can modify it? I wanted to increase number of turns after which the settlement will surrender.
Thanks.
AuthorReplies:
Terikel Grayhair
Imperator
(id: Terikel706)
posted 16 April 2020 12:41 EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Hail!

I do not think it is possible to modify siege time. It appears to be hard-coded in relation to the size of the settlement under siege.

There are some mods that claim to use the surrender parameters in scripts which change differnt things- siege time is one of them- but that is a roundabout workaround that might be only for very advanced modders (which I am not).

Sorry.

|||||||||||||||| A transplanted Viking, born a millennium too late. |||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Too many Awards to list in Signature, sorry lords...|||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||| Listed on my page for your convenience and envy.|||||||||||||||||
Somewhere over the EXCO Rainbow
Master Skald, Order of the Silver Quill, Guild of the Skalds
Champion of the Sepia Joust- Joust I, II, IV, VI, VII, VIII
General Sajaru
Tribunus Laticlavius
posted 18 April 2020 02:52 EDT (US)     2 / 3       
I also poked around the files I thought it might be in and wasn't able to find any modifiable numbers, so it seems to be hard-coded.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction." - Ronald Reagan
"Judge them not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper
"I like my enemies like James Bond likes his martinis- shaken, not stirred."
My first book, The King's Own
OddPoppet
Legionary
posted 21 May 2020 07:02 EDT (US)     3 / 3       
It is only possible to increase the length a city can hold out by either Upgrading the settlement to maximum or, i believe, having it max garrisoned also helps But no there isnt a way to modify the files to have a "Set" amount of turns, as others have said it is hard coded.

As a side note.... I personally think it would take the fun out of it, I like the race to reinforce an undermanned settlement.... but thats just me
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames