You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1439 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
Bottom
Topic Subject:(HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54 55 56 57 58  Next Page »
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 07 December 2008 04:28 EDT (US)         
Hotseat game status: - Sicily has won on turn 115

Players (in turn order): (with links to write-ups) plus some other links where I consider it to be funny

Selifator: England
Kilij Ae Varyl: Spain

Venice - FACTION DESTROYED

Me Sicily

EoJ: Turks
I think I might have referenced this video before in the first crusade
This might be more appropriate... Looks like I was right there

Rankings - Turn 101

Rankings - Turn 69

Subs
Glacier_Girl played as sub for England - T29, T30
- played as sub for Sicily - T33

Monty501 played as sub for Spain T30, T 31
JuBuOrangie played as sub for Venice - T31 to T40
Lloydsgamble played as sub for Venice T41 to 42
Brutiangodofrock played as sub for Venice T43 to T65
Zsmart one played as sub for Turks T50 to T65
Hashoosh played as sub for Turks T64

Rules to note:

No 'exploiting' of any kind (e.g. putting forts on resources and stocking them with merchants) nor reloading your go to get a better result.

If I don't hear from a player within 4 days of receiving a turn, I will try to find a sub to take the turn.

If you don't expect to be able to play within 4 days, just let me know - extensions are fine (preferably not too often though please). I'll send a reminder email after a couple of days as a prompt.

If you expect an extended absence, e.g. not being able to play for over a week, you're invited to arrange a sub, giving them instructions etc so your turn is played as you'd like it to be.

An 'un-arranged' sub has the option to take over after 2 weeks or 10 turns The '2 weeks' here looks a little low, but the turn limit looks high?

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 01-18-2013 @ 01:21 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 05 September 2011 04:35 EDT (US)     1376 / 1439       
Small delay in playing if you don't mind

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
The Great Monty
Legionary
(id: Monty501)
posted 05 September 2011 04:43 EDT (US)     1377 / 1439       
Wow. This has been going nearly 3 years now and still only turn 79. This must be the longest M2TW game ever!

I will fight for Total War Heaven.

Will You?
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 05 September 2011 06:32 EDT (US)     1378 / 1439       
There was something like a 6 months break I think; we've had patches of reasonably frequent movement and others where some players have been slow on a regular basis etc. Such is life I guess.

How does it compare to some of the swap games that go around? If you think of it as 5 players x 79 turns, more like 395 turns. Still a bit tardy I'd guess.

I'm still enjoying it, if that counts for anything...

EoJ - how small is a small delay?
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 07 September 2011 08:00 EDT (US)     1379 / 1439       
Shall be done by the end of the day.

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 14 September 2011 07:56 EDT (US)     1380 / 1439       
Fastest turn ever.

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 14 September 2011 14:38 EDT (US)     1381 / 1439       
It was quite speedy - 7 days since you passed it on for England's turn 80 - that we've had the Spanish, Venetian (not a real turn), Sicilian and Turkish turns all done in the last 36 hours or so is rather impressive though

On a related note - the last Venetian settlement rebelled and they are now out of the game. Rather a shameful exit for them, given the pivotal role they played at times.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 14 September 2011 15:47 EDT (US)     1382 / 1439       
Kiev is now a Russian settlement, FYI.

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 15 September 2011 02:12 EDT (US)     1383 / 1439       
on the FYI front - I wonder if I ought to have stated on here who got which settlements when I gifted Venice's remaining towns.

Kiev was given to the Russians on turn 79 I think, it would have gone to the Poles a couple of turns before that but the diplomat died en-route (and it would have been Russian earlier too if I'd clicked 'make offer' before the tick box at the bottom of the diplomat screen...)

I think the Turks have taken the north east settlement from the rebels, the English took the north west settlement before it could rebel/be given away.
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 07 October 2011 08:28 EDT (US)     1384 / 1439       
As a note for anyone interested - things have been continuing to run quite smoothly and we're almost finished with turn 83 now.

edit:
EoJ has passed it on to Selifator for turn 84 - making turn 83 rather a quick one, huzzah.

On a less huzzah note is EoJ's note accompanying the save
Onwards, islamic soldiers!
Does that mean the dirty Turks have reneged on their peace deal, struck with the Sicilians only two turns previously? I for one am quite keen to find out.

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 10-07-2011 @ 03:00 PM).]

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 27 October 2011 12:36 EDT (US)     1385 / 1439       
Any ideas on the whereabouts of the next one?

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 27 October 2011 14:42 EDT (US)     1386 / 1439       
Sorry for the lack of general update.

The turn is with Boorego's Spain - there is, I gather, somewhat of a diplomatic incident in progress (blasted Turkish meddling no doubt) that Boorego wishes to resolve before completing his turn. I have requested that a sensible time limit is placed on that - and am hopeful things should move onward by the end of the weekend.

I'm not sure what to do if not, but will think of something... (probably pleading)
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 28 October 2011 08:34 EDT (US)     1387 / 1439       
there is, I gather, somewhat of a diplomatic incident in progress (blasted Turkish meddling no doubt) that Boorego wishes to resolve before completing his turn
I'm surprised none of them have their propaganda machines out and running at the moment. I'm terribly out of loop.

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 28 October 2011 14:49 EDT (US)     1388 / 1439       
I think the loop will be joining up with you in due course...

Boorego says he's in a position to do his turn once he's home - which I assume means today.
boorego
Legionary
posted 29 October 2011 20:24 EDT (US)     1389 / 1439       
I just stood up to my parents for the first time..it was a pretty violent confrontation but I feel like I've finally stood up for myself, instead of being my useful subservient people-pleaser I am.

They've left for a little while so tbh I'm actually midly terrified of what they'll do when I return..

Nonetheless, I won't have internet access for the next week or even month, idk. I have to drop from the game but if possible would like a guarantee I can rejoin whenever I want, hopefully whoever takes my spot is okay with that.

I won't be able to reply to any responses you guys so this is goodbye.
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 30 October 2011 04:10 EDT (US)     1390 / 1439       
Ooh err, that sounds dramatic. I hope it all turns out nicely.

Given that I didn't know about or use the admin setting when creating the hotseat we'll need person for subbing in - any volunteers?

If anyone is brave enough to take over the Turks and would prefer that to Spain, I'm sure EoJ would be willing to take Spain
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 30 October 2011 06:46 EDT (US)     1391 / 1439       
Yarp

Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
(id: AugustusCaesar)
posted 30 October 2011 07:13 EDT (US)     1392 / 1439       
I would love to, I just gotta get Retrofit first, I like the late game Turks, I'm sure I'll find someway to bring forth glory.

"An emperor is subject to no one, but god and justice" -Barbarrosa
"The best fortress a prince can possess is the affection of his people" -Niccolo Machiavelli
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 30 October 2011 08:31 EDT (US)     1393 / 1439       
One thing I didn't take into account with the suggestion about switching around Turks/Spanish is the timing. If it were a straight subbing in for Spain then a rule of "if Boorego returns before Christmas and within (say 15) turns then he gets the faction back, otherwise the sub can choose to keep it" works.

Does that work ok with EoJ moving?

Also, EoJ, please would you give a high-level overview of the Turkish position to Augustus just to check he's offering to play it with open eyes (in particular mentioning the crusade...)
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 30 October 2011 09:23 EDT (US)     1394 / 1439       
I'll have a flick through the save game first, then give him a bell.

Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 30 October 2011 10:09 EDT (US)     1395 / 1439       
Downloaded Retrofit Successfully,

My this hotseat excites me, especially being on everybody's badside.

my Email is kilij45@gmail.com

And yes, I'll want some situational details...

"The best fortress a prince can possess is the affection of his people" -Niccolo Machiavelli
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 31 October 2011 11:26 EDT (US)     1396 / 1439       
Hold the changes:
Actually I will now how computer access in a few days. Please tell the members of the Kingdoms and the TATW hotseats not to replace me for I will have computer access again in a few days. Thanks.
righto - so EoJ takes the next Turks turn and we might have heard more by the time it gets back to Spain...
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 31 October 2011 16:32 EDT (US)     1397 / 1439       
Glad he's back, If you ever need a sub though, I'm always game.

That makes things a bit easier for me on TATW.

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 12 November 2011 05:40 EDT (US)     1398 / 1439       
Turn 86 finally on to EoJ, a relatively slow turn so far - but very eventful...
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 24 November 2011 10:33 EDT (US)     1399 / 1439       
Christ, I can do pretty much nothing- the problem with being later in the turn than anyone else is that you cannot react if your armies get scattered.

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 25 November 2011 00:47 EDT (US)     1400 / 1439       
This does seem to be a bit of an unfair issue - I'm not sure if there's anything that can do though, other than giving you a lot of credit if/when you do manage to knock us back. I'll try not to complain too bitterly if the other side of things is our ability to retreat being limited (if it is).
I'm quite glad to have avoided war with the other couple of factions so far since they're before me in the turn order.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 54 55 56 57 58  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames