You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1439 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
Bottom
Topic Subject:(HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 55 56 57 58  Next Page »
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 07 December 2008 04:28 EDT (US)         
Hotseat game status: - Sicily has won on turn 115

Players (in turn order): (with links to write-ups) plus some other links where I consider it to be funny

Selifator: England
Kilij Ae Varyl: Spain

Venice - FACTION DESTROYED

Me Sicily

EoJ: Turks
I think I might have referenced this video before in the first crusade
This might be more appropriate... Looks like I was right there

Rankings - Turn 101

Rankings - Turn 69

Subs
Glacier_Girl played as sub for England - T29, T30
- played as sub for Sicily - T33

Monty501 played as sub for Spain T30, T 31
JuBuOrangie played as sub for Venice - T31 to T40
Lloydsgamble played as sub for Venice T41 to 42
Brutiangodofrock played as sub for Venice T43 to T65
Zsmart one played as sub for Turks T50 to T65
Hashoosh played as sub for Turks T64

Rules to note:

No 'exploiting' of any kind (e.g. putting forts on resources and stocking them with merchants) nor reloading your go to get a better result.

If I don't hear from a player within 4 days of receiving a turn, I will try to find a sub to take the turn.

If you don't expect to be able to play within 4 days, just let me know - extensions are fine (preferably not too often though please). I'll send a reminder email after a couple of days as a prompt.

If you expect an extended absence, e.g. not being able to play for over a week, you're invited to arrange a sub, giving them instructions etc so your turn is played as you'd like it to be.

An 'un-arranged' sub has the option to take over after 2 weeks or 10 turns The '2 weeks' here looks a little low, but the turn limit looks high?

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 01-18-2013 @ 01:21 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 12 December 2011 07:30 EDT (US)     1401 / 1439       
Excuse the double post - it looks like we need a sub in for boorego's Spain since I've not heard from him for a while. If you're interested then please shout.

This might be short term (e.g. 1-2 turns) matter boorego hasn't said that this would be a long term matter so he might just be unable to get to a computer for a bit or some such.
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
(id: AugustusCaesar)
posted 12 December 2011 17:13 EDT (US)     1402 / 1439       
Sent to Swampy,

"An emperor is subject to no one, but god and justice" -Barbarrosa
"The best fortress a prince can possess is the affection of his people" -Niccolo Machiavelli
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 18 December 2011 06:26 EDT (US)     1403 / 1439       
/Back

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 18 December 2011 07:32 EDT (US)     1404 / 1439       
As a very brief update, moments after AugustusCaesar stepped in for Spain, boorego reappeared and sent his turn through. I've completed mine and sent it on to EoJ as it was only a couple of days before he was due to be back.
Rubber_Tooth
Legionary
posted 19 December 2011 20:04 EDT (US)     1405 / 1439       
Ahh I see you got the game going after all.

The good news is, now I've conquered Spain, retaken my lands, and invaded Briton territory, and now they're coming to me whining that they want their cities back along with 20k denarri. Losers :P - Erynion
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 08 January 2012 04:20 EDT (US)     1406 / 1439       
Spain Turn 90 now with boorego.

Fingers crossed that Sicily's turn 90 will see our mighty armies reach the walls of Jerwusalem. Coldplay all the way for EoJ
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 23 January 2012 02:53 EDT (US)     1407 / 1439       
Subbed for Spain, done and sent to Swampy.

"The best fortress a prince can possess is the affection of his people" -Niccolo Machiavelli
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 23 January 2012 08:16 EDT (US)     1408 / 1439       
Ta

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 24 January 2012 12:36 EDT (US)     1409 / 1439       
The crusade is over, although it doesn't look as though the Sicilians will get to hold on to much of the newly gained land (I blame autoresolve for having one less full-stack and two less settlements, plus me for not having another couple of settlements).

Seeing as the Turks demolished buildings as the Sicilians approached and then the Sicilians massacred the civilians in the captured territories, I'd hope the last dozen turns or so still count as a bit of a setback for the Turks. Oh and there's the damage England did too, probably a bit less reversible.
Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 01 February 2012 19:21 EDT (US)     1410 / 1439       
Done and Sent to Swampy.

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 10 February 2012 17:24 EDT (US)     1411 / 1439       
As an update, Selifator has been a bit delayed this turn by a combination of RL and diplomacy but expects to pass the turn on in the next day or two.

boorego made contact after Kilij took the last Spanish turn, I've not heard anything since - that was only 4 days ago but more concerning is that it's been 3 days since a follow-up email to see if he'd be able to play. Assuming I hear nothing by the time Selifator can take his turn, I think the turn should go straight to Kilij as it seems boorego hasn't got quite enough time.

Subject you everyone's agreement, at that point I'd like to invite Kilij to take Spain on permanently (assuming now EoJ is embedded into the Turks so there's no switching desired).

I've updated the opening post to include the rules/guidance on subs that have been agreed at various points - feel free to chip in if you disagree with any of them.
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 14 February 2012 08:17 EDT (US)     1412 / 1439       
Excuse the double post please.

Selifator has been more delayed by life (exams taking priority over the hotseat? The travesty of it all) than had been anticipated - so the due date has moved to Friday. That's still short enough that that's probably not worth passing to a sub - especially as there's not one already enlisted.

On that note, given that the last patch of people volunteering was a while back, would anyone be interested in being a sub for England (or the rest of us for that matter) if plans change and we don't have the required time?

Selifator has completed the turn and passed it on

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 02-14-2012 @ 08:32 AM).]

Kilij Ae Varyl
Legionary
posted 14 February 2012 17:42 EDT (US)     1413 / 1439       
Done and Sent to Swampy...

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 15 February 2012 01:34 EDT (US)     1414 / 1439       
Bah, Hotmail is giving me an error rather than letting me play my turn. Blast it.

I'd have probably had time to do it this morning too.

Edit: right, so, using the 'Windows live mail' program seems to get around the problem. What a faff.

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 02-15-2012 @ 01:49 AM).]

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 02 April 2012 03:03 EDT (US)     1415 / 1439       
A bit of an update as we've been on silent running for a patch - all four players seemed to have a bit of a busy month with one thing and another so we've only just limped on to the Turks turn 96.

EoJ is on holiday (I'm rather suspicious about his choice of location (Sicily) - it must be some sort of espionage) until the 6th so we won't be moving forward until the end of this week - hopefully then things will push forward a bit
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 08 April 2012 16:56 EDT (US)     1416 / 1439       
Yes, I've even been to Palermo

TheAngryScot
Legionary
posted 08 April 2012 19:29 EDT (US)     1417 / 1439       
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and I was wondering when it would be possible to join in your current campaign, or failing that, when the new campaign will start. I'm happy to play as any faction and it would be awesome if you guys could get back to me.
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 09 April 2012 01:28 EDT (US)     1418 / 1439       
Hello AngryScot, welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately back when I set the game up I didn't put in an admin password and so I can't add new factions - we'd be glad to have you as a sub but until/unless someone else wants out or goes on a long break there might not be any chance for you to play. That said we've been on a little bit of a pause so there's a chance that we might need a player at this point if any of the current players have lost patience, hopefully that isn't the case though (no offence)/

There's a TATW hotseat, if you've got that mod, that could use an extra player to get it restarted.

If there's sufficient interest in it then it could be good to get another hotseat going again, especially if the TATW game doesn't restart. I don't have a huge amount of time but could be interested, especially as admin mode means players can drop out easily and be replaced with the AI (i.e. I'd play at the beginning but maybe leave when the turns got too long to play).
TheAngryScot
Legionary
posted 09 April 2012 05:36 EDT (US)     1419 / 1439       
Thanks for replying. Unfortunatley my 3rd age mod was deleted (along with everything on my hard drive) when my computer was serviced. I'm happy to play as a sub or to wait for a new campaign to start, I just really like the idea of a hotseat campaign.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 09 April 2012 05:53 EDT (US)     1420 / 1439       
You can redownload it, rght? It's a fantastic mod, well worth playing.

TheAngryScot
Legionary
posted 09 April 2012 06:48 EDT (US)     1421 / 1439       
I'd already completed it by the time it was deleted so it wasn't too great a loss. But still a damn good mod, apart from those wretched snaga skirmishers!
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 11 May 2012 08:53 EDT (US)     1422 / 1439       
Turn 98 on to the Turks. Things are quite on a knife edge in the east; I must get a move on with my Sicily write-up, lots to say
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 11 May 2012 18:52 EDT (US)     1423 / 1439       
I must get a move on with my Sicily write-up, lots to say
*Dances with glee*.. YAY!!

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 19 May 2012 10:52 EDT (US)     1424 / 1439       
Sorry, I've been on complete exam mode. It'll be done soon.

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 01 June 2012 00:36 EDT (US)     1425 / 1439       
EoJ's computer has died a little inside, possibly due to its horror at my latest amazing strike at the Turks (which is probably less relevant than the Mongols').

So, I'm looking for a sub, recent volunteer(s) will be emailed but feel free to post if you're interested in taking a couple of turns as the Turks. It's not the easiest/most comfortable faction currently, to be upfront about it, but hopefully still interesting/enjoyable to play.
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 55 56 57 58  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames