You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1439 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
Bottom
Topic Subject:(HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 42 43 44 45 46 ··· 50 ··· 58  Next Page »
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 07 December 2008 04:28 EDT (US)         
Hotseat game status: - Sicily has won on turn 115

Players (in turn order): (with links to write-ups) plus some other links where I consider it to be funny

Selifator: England
Kilij Ae Varyl: Spain

Venice - FACTION DESTROYED

Me Sicily

EoJ: Turks
I think I might have referenced this video before in the first crusade
This might be more appropriate... Looks like I was right there

Rankings - Turn 101

Rankings - Turn 69

Subs
Glacier_Girl played as sub for England - T29, T30
- played as sub for Sicily - T33

Monty501 played as sub for Spain T30, T 31
JuBuOrangie played as sub for Venice - T31 to T40
Lloydsgamble played as sub for Venice T41 to 42
Brutiangodofrock played as sub for Venice T43 to T65
Zsmart one played as sub for Turks T50 to T65
Hashoosh played as sub for Turks T64

Rules to note:

No 'exploiting' of any kind (e.g. putting forts on resources and stocking them with merchants) nor reloading your go to get a better result.

If I don't hear from a player within 4 days of receiving a turn, I will try to find a sub to take the turn.

If you don't expect to be able to play within 4 days, just let me know - extensions are fine (preferably not too often though please). I'll send a reminder email after a couple of days as a prompt.

If you expect an extended absence, e.g. not being able to play for over a week, you're invited to arrange a sub, giving them instructions etc so your turn is played as you'd like it to be.

An 'un-arranged' sub has the option to take over after 2 weeks or 10 turns The '2 weeks' here looks a little low, but the turn limit looks high?

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 01-18-2013 @ 01:21 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Brutiangodofrock
Legionary
posted 16 May 2010 12:35 EDT (US)     1076 / 1439       
Ok, i have a problem. I try to load the game up but as soon as i click Retrofit and the game begins to load the screen goes black and a box pops up and says "Out of Range". However if i press Alt + Tab it takes me back to my desktop like usual and if i take a screen shot of the black thing it take a screen shot of the Start page for M2TW. Also the music is on the whole time. Could this be anything to do with the fact i downloaded FKOC mod yesterday? Anyone know what is going on?

60% of people use dodgy statistics in things such as forum signatures. Post this if you are part of the 50% who don't.
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 16 May 2010 12:49 EDT (US)     1077 / 1439       
Unless the FKOC mod touches retrofit or the core kingdoms files then it shouldn't be the cause. Do FKOC and Kingdoms (any campaign) still work?

In the main M2TW folder there should be a "system.log" file that you can open as a text file - it might give some idea as to what's gone wrong.

I don't suppose that you can click on the buttons even if you can't see them?
Brutiangodofrock
Legionary
posted 16 May 2010 12:57 EDT (US)     1078 / 1439       
FKOC worked yesterday when i played it just afterdownloading it. I just tried Brittania campaign and it didn't work so it is probably a problem with Kingdoms? Will uninstalling FKOC be enough to make it work or will i have to uninstall and reinstall Kingdoms and Retrofit?

60% of people use dodgy statistics in things such as forum signatures. Post this if you are part of the 50% who don't.
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 16 May 2010 13:06 EDT (US)     1079 / 1439       
From looking on google it seems to be some sort of video error. Try opening medieval2.preference.cfg and see if the video settings are reasonable.

For comparison, mine say:
[video]
anisotropic_level = 2
anti_alias_mode = off
antialiasing = 2
assassination_movies = 0
autodetect = 0
battle_resolution = 1680 1050
bloom = 1
building_detail = high
campaign_resolution = 1680 1050
depth_shadows = 2
depth_shadows_resolution = 2
effect_quality = highest
event_movies = 1
gamma = 128
grass_distance = 500
ground_buffers_per_node = 4
ground_cover_buffers_per_node = 4
infiltration_movies = 0
model_buffers_per_node = 4
no_background_fmv = 0
reflection = 1
sabotage_movies = 0
shader = 2
show_banners = 1
show_package_litter = 1
skip_mip_levels = 0
splashes = 1
sprite_buffers_per_node = 4
stencil_shadows = 1
subtitles = 1
terrain_quality = custom
texture_filtering = 1
unit_detail = higher
vegetation = 1
vegetation_quality = high
vsync = 0
water_buffers_per_node = 4
widescreen = 1

setting "autodetect = 1" would be a good plan if there's something wrong with the other settings.

Restarting your computer might be worth a shot, just in case, before uninstalling anything
Brutiangodofrock
Legionary
posted 16 May 2010 13:11 EDT (US)     1080 / 1439       
Mine is like this.

[video]
anisotropic_level = 4
anti_alias_mode = off
antialiasing = 2
assassination_movies = 1
autodetect = 0
battle_resolution = 1280 1024
bloom = 1
building_detail = high
campaign_resolution = 1280 1024
depth_shadows = 1
depth_shadows_resolution = 2
effect_quality = normal
event_movies = 1
gamma = 128
grass_distance = 20
ground_buffers_per_node = 4
ground_cover_buffers_per_node = 4
infiltration_movies = 1
model_buffers_per_node = 4
no_background_fmv = 0
reflection = 0
sabotage_movies = 1
shader = 2
show_banners = 1
show_package_litter = 1
skip_mip_levels = 0
splashes = 1
sprite_buffers_per_node = 4
stencil_shadows = 1
subtitles = 0
terrain_quality = custom
texture_filtering = 2
unit_detail = low
vegetation = 1
vegetation_quality = low
vsync = 0
water_buffers_per_node = 4
widescreen = 0

I thought i'd better post this here so people could have a look instead of just C&Ping yours into mine incase this is PC specific?

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 16 May 2010 13:25 EDT (US)     1081 / 1439       
It is computer specific, to some degree - for example mine is on widescreen mode. I can't see anything too odd in yours unfortunately.

As I say, try changing to autodetect to 1 in case that helps it.

I don't suppose you've changed your videocard drivers at all recently? I guess you'd have mentioned that if you had done.
A lot of the internet posts for black screens seem to be related to ATi cards and people recommend downloading the latest drivers as a fix. That seems odd in your case as it has been working fine in the past.
(e.g. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72650 )

I'd still go with "turn it off and on again" if you haven't...

Ahh, and one last thing - in either the retrofit preferences or the main ones, try adding "windowed= true"

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 05-16-2010 @ 01:42 PM).]

Brutiangodofrock
Legionary
posted 16 May 2010 14:01 EDT (US)     1082 / 1439       
Well i wont doubt you again, Swampy Autodetect was the problem apparently, it is working now. Thanks, will play my turn now

Selifator
Legionary
posted 18 May 2010 05:06 EDT (US)     1083 / 1439       
Played and sent. Charts are looking interesting again. Also, one of my king has 4 daughters and not a single son. Hereditary problem much?

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
Zsmart one
Legionary
posted 18 May 2010 14:42 EDT (US)     1084 / 1439       
one of my king has 4 daughters and not a single son. Hereditary problem much?
well at least they don't have blood clotting problems like nicholas II son had. since there girls at least they can't be color blind ether.

Also EOJ you are really pissing me off with the whole ships in way = destroy with mega sterioded fleet of doom
good thing I can make my own super mega fleet of doom in a turn mwahahaha
mercenary01
Legionary
posted 18 May 2010 17:15 EDT (US)     1085 / 1439       
your kind of wrong there Zsmart, i know a girl who is colour blind, and my sister is a haemophiliac (only Haemophilia C is non sexist and me,my sis and ma dad allllll have it :P) BANG there goes your theory hehe. If you don't believe me about my sis having Haemophilia C look it up on the net. WHen we found out we had it, we did a quick google and knew more about it than our doctor (its like 1/1000000 have it >.< 3/4 my family have it :P)

This is my sig, don't diss it. It's the best sig in the world.

Please copy this into your sig if you just want to have a random comment in there.
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 18 May 2010 17:27 EDT (US)     1086 / 1439       
oof, unlucky on the haemophilia.

We almost had all of the turns going around within 24 hours - I played at 9 something yesterday and it got back to Venice earlier this afternoon; it would have been impressive, if a little strange, to get it around that fast.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 18 May 2010 17:53 EDT (US)     1087 / 1439       
Also EOJ you are really pissing me off with the whole ships in way = destroy with mega sterioded fleet of doom
I've honest to God no idea why we're at war.
good thing I can make my own super mega fleet of doom in a turn mwahahaha
Nah, see, the balance is that while I have the best fleet in the game (as far as I can work out- your hub end is or obvious reasons shrouded in fog) it's localised to the western med, and of course it is being supported at the expense of having a million land armies.

Does however stop you invading Sicily, which was the main objective of it when Bandito was still around.

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Zsmart one
Legionary
posted 18 May 2010 19:15 EDT (US)     1088 / 1439       
IF I really wanted to attack sicily I really question the idea that ONE fleet would stop a whole invasion if Banito (or me for that matter) decided we want Italy
my sister is a haemophiliac (only Haemophilia C is non sexist and me,my sis and ma dad allllll have it
Fine I guess your right and man is your family F***ed

ok new theory The king of england is Henry the 8th and is soon to behead his wife

Eoj see since I am rolling in cash I can have both
mwhahahahahahaha
to prove a point I think I am pulling 2k a turn from just merchants
mercenary01
Legionary
posted 19 May 2010 04:32 EDT (US)     1089 / 1439       
wow, your so nice Zsmart, i will have to remember that so i can whup u in Hotseat 2.0, or surrender and become ur Bish quickly =D

This is my sig, don't diss it. It's the best sig in the world.

Please copy this into your sig if you just want to have a random comment in there.
Selifator
Legionary
posted 19 May 2010 07:18 EDT (US)     1090 / 1439       
ok new theory The king of england is Henry the 8th and is soon to behead his wife
Nope, that would be one of my recently adopted generals, despite his wife being a bloody harlot he's quite the good general. Pity that he won't be making many kids, even a grown man wouldn't want to wake up next to a monster.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 19 May 2010 10:50 EDT (US)     1091 / 1439       
IF I really wanted to attack sicily I really question the idea that ONE fleet would stop a whole invasion if Banito (or me for that matter) decided we want Italy/q]
Yes... one fleet... heheheh....

Brutiangodofrock
Legionary
posted 19 May 2010 13:06 EDT (US)     1092 / 1439       
I sent it off last night though your message confused me Swampy. I played it and sent it to you, not the other way around . EoJ sent it to me.

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 19 May 2010 13:14 EDT (US)     1093 / 1439       
Hmm, I meant it as in: event 1 (clock starts) - you sent me the save
event 2 (clock gets ready to stop) - you received the save

We've now added:
event 3 (clock stops) - you pass me the save again for the following turn
Yes, I'm not good at using whatsit code on the forum, those pesky square brackets...
I'd like to state now, for the record, that Sicily has no fleets, no ports and even if we do have any (which we don't) then we have no intention of making any fleets. Any fleets which are accidentally made by ports that we don't have will not in any way seek to harm or offend anyone.

Update: Save now on to Zsmart one and ranking charts refreshed.
I hadn't noticed that Sicily had stopped production, I must pay more attention...

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 05-19-2010 @ 03:47 PM).]

Zsmart one
Legionary
posted 20 May 2010 21:30 EDT (US)     1094 / 1439       
This constant little "accident" attacks on me are quiet annoying so I have decide the next one to damage my ships I will keep at war with them. there is your ultimatium chose wisely.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 21 May 2010 11:06 EDT (US)     1095 / 1439       
Sorry, I thought I'd passed it

Brutiangodofrock
Legionary
posted 21 May 2010 12:54 EDT (US)     1096 / 1439       
Try Laxative? Off to play now.

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 22 May 2010 10:09 EDT (US)     1097 / 1439       
Brutian, do you realise you're mocking someone for playing a turn and not remembering to pass it on / wrongly thinking they had done?
I just thought I'd check

Speaking of which though...
Off to play now.
Brutiangodofrock
Legionary
posted 22 May 2010 10:19 EDT (US)     1098 / 1439       
I wasn't mocking that, merely pointing out the phrasing could be mistaken for something. Passed on

Zsmart one
Legionary
posted 23 May 2010 15:35 EDT (US)     1099 / 1439       
sent on earlier this morning.
Brutiangodofrock
Legionary
posted 26 May 2010 13:24 EDT (US)     1100 / 1439       
Got the save. Should have time to play now, but might not have time to send it. Should be sent by tomorrow at the very least.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 42 43 44 45 46 ··· 50 ··· 58  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames