You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1439 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
Bottom
Topic Subject:(HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 35 36 37 38 39 ··· 50 ··· 58  Next Page »
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 07 December 2008 04:28 EDT (US)         
Hotseat game status: - Sicily has won on turn 115

Players (in turn order): (with links to write-ups) plus some other links where I consider it to be funny

Selifator: England
Kilij Ae Varyl: Spain

Venice - FACTION DESTROYED

Me Sicily

EoJ: Turks
I think I might have referenced this video before in the first crusade
This might be more appropriate... Looks like I was right there

Rankings - Turn 101

Rankings - Turn 69

Subs
Glacier_Girl played as sub for England - T29, T30
- played as sub for Sicily - T33

Monty501 played as sub for Spain T30, T 31
JuBuOrangie played as sub for Venice - T31 to T40
Lloydsgamble played as sub for Venice T41 to 42
Brutiangodofrock played as sub for Venice T43 to T65
Zsmart one played as sub for Turks T50 to T65
Hashoosh played as sub for Turks T64

Rules to note:

No 'exploiting' of any kind (e.g. putting forts on resources and stocking them with merchants) nor reloading your go to get a better result.

If I don't hear from a player within 4 days of receiving a turn, I will try to find a sub to take the turn.

If you don't expect to be able to play within 4 days, just let me know - extensions are fine (preferably not too often though please). I'll send a reminder email after a couple of days as a prompt.

If you expect an extended absence, e.g. not being able to play for over a week, you're invited to arrange a sub, giving them instructions etc so your turn is played as you'd like it to be.

An 'un-arranged' sub has the option to take over after 2 weeks or 10 turns The '2 weeks' here looks a little low, but the turn limit looks high?

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 01-18-2013 @ 01:21 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 24 October 2009 01:10 EDT (US)     901 / 1439       
That's a rather silly thing. I would have to ask in return you would agree to rename Acre Gonzolia.
Well bargained and done EoJ. I will name Acre "Gonzolia" and you keep "Istanbul" as is.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 10-24-2009 @ 01:12 AM).]

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 24 October 2009 02:04 EDT (US)     902 / 1439       
How about this: Since Spain is satisfied with Istanbul only
Typo- I meant to write 'only me for istanbul'

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 24 October 2009 02:59 EDT (US)     903 / 1439       
Either case, decide the peace process quickly, preferably on the next turn. I think all of the Crusading parties are fine with their gains so there shouldn't be much more stuff needed to say, right? If collectively you guys cannot reach a decision, I will just have to make peace individually.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 10-24-2009 @ 03:34 AM).]

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 24 October 2009 05:19 EDT (US)     904 / 1439       
Since my turn is always last, how about on the next turn all of you abandon the Crusade and I abandon the Jihad (all my Jihading troops in addition will be disbanded without exception)? Since it will be on the same turn, it is fair.
Nope, as stated previously, you first. How would it be any less fair for you to leave the jihad and then england, spain and sicily leave the crusade (in that order)? You've been on the jihad longer by quite some way than we've been on crusade, so that you'd be leaving it on an earlier turn number really didn't ought to make much difference?

At this stage, unless the remaining AI is to get involved, turn order shouldn't matter too much. Should it?
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 24 October 2009 05:33 EDT (US)     905 / 1439       
Ok, how about this. All the armies currently occupying the places I am willing to surrender (mostly balkans) will begin withdrawing on this turn, all moving back towards Anatolia. On the next turn you guys abandon Crusade and I will abandon Jihad. Your armies (non-Crusading) can move into those places I evacuated.

**My armies fighting against Venice will be an exception to this rule since I am not dealing with Venice.

PS: Try not to push your luck in more demands, before I change my mind.

As I said before, I can make deals individually if things drag on or one of you persists stubbornly. Those who agree to deal with me will end up with the most gains.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 10-24-2009 @ 06:29 AM).]

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 27 October 2009 05:01 EDT (US)     906 / 1439       
I make it 5 days since the save was sent to Jubuorangie. Last turn was delayed by Jubuorangie being busy and having a computer virus so I'm guessing that he's not necessarily vanished on us - but has anyone heard anything recently? If I don't hear anything by this evening (e.g. something along the lines of "I can play it by Thursday") then I'll have to look for another sub I suppose :0( It's one of many fairly important turns though maybe so that'd be a shame.
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 27 October 2009 10:04 EDT (US)     907 / 1439       
So the save wasn't even on your turn?

Hehehe. I wonder where JuBu went? Just when my "War of Redemption II" was being planned all out.

Lets look for a sub while I beep JuBu.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 10-28-2009 @ 08:50 AM).]

el_bandito
Legionary
posted 28 October 2009 21:30 EDT (US)     908 / 1439       
JuBu sent me a mail saying he will play this turn but he will be very busy with his end-of-quarter exams and homeworks. JuBu said we should look for a sub for Venice meanwhile.

Obviously he is afraid of my wrath.

Michael Jackson
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 29 October 2009 05:09 EDT (US)     909 / 1439       
Oops, I read that but not fully - I've just asked Lloydsgamble to play the turn as he offered in the hotseatB thread. Hopefully the two of them can agree between them who plays (i.e. depending on whether Jubuorangie would be grateful of the extra time saved through not having to play this turn).
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 31 October 2009 07:44 EDT (US)     910 / 1439       
Swampy, did JuBu pass you the save? If not, then I think we should go with Lloyds' save.

Michael Jackson
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 31 October 2009 09:32 EDT (US)     911 / 1439       
Nothing from Jubu - I agree, roll on Lloydsgamble
LloydsGamble
Legionary
posted 31 October 2009 12:22 EDT (US)     912 / 1439       
Ok nothing from Jubu. I have sent on my save
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 31 October 2009 12:57 EDT (US)     913 / 1439       
Thank you

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
Selifator
Legionary
posted 31 October 2009 15:03 EDT (US)     914 / 1439       
"Gasp" A new avatar! Plot twist!

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 01 November 2009 04:46 EDT (US)     915 / 1439       
Done and on to the Turks

I'll update the rankings etc shortly. Sicily is embarrassingly poor but still a moderately close second in military - the peasants like to be taxed heavily to pay for soldiers to wander around, it's like the welfare state but different.
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 02 November 2009 22:34 EDT (US)     916 / 1439       
Got the save and will play soon.

*Announcement*

Due to the lack of any formal reply regarding the surrender proposal, I will continue the zealous defense of my homeland. Should be mad fun.

Michael Jackson
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 03 November 2009 03:57 EDT (US)     917 / 1439       
I think I replied earlier saying I'd go for it if you gave up the jihad first - I'd say you had at least one formal reply. Maybe your reason is that you don't have replies from everyone, or could it be that you just want to fight and beat us properly and the rest was an excuse?

Anyway, it's about time there was some proper fighting (although my part in it will probably be quite brief unfortunately - please remember to take screens of the important battles where I get annihilated). Maybe there'll be some eagles to fly Sicily to safety or something.

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 11-03-2009 @ 04:05 AM).]

el_bandito
Legionary
posted 03 November 2009 04:25 EDT (US)     918 / 1439       
Well, one reason is that there was no common agreement on the exact terms on all three Crusading parties. The Main reason however, is that I suddenly remembered that I probably will never have another chance to fight four Catholic human nations (three Crusading) in any of my hot-seats. Can't let this chance to go by.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 11-03-2009 @ 04:31 AM).]

el_bandito
Legionary
posted 05 November 2009 03:53 EDT (US)     919 / 1439       
Turn 42 sent to Selfy. Eat that, Swine Flu!

Michael Jackson
Selifator
Legionary
posted 05 November 2009 10:57 EDT (US)     920 / 1439       
Same here, this will be the biggest war I've ever fought in M2 and frankly, I'm glad that we are at war. Peace is good but we've come at the point where people just need to die.

You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Chauvinism is not a particularly nice trait at the best of times but can be suicidal when the person your talking too can have you executed on a whim.

Facebook, anyone?
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 05 November 2009 21:05 EDT (US)     921 / 1439       
I agree, hehehe.

Michael Jackson
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 09 November 2009 04:19 EDT (US)     922 / 1439       
A position update because someone sat on the save for a little longer than usual not mentioning names but once it was passed on to Spain it was turned around significantly quicker.
The save is with Jubuorangie. On the hotseatI thread he's said that he should be back to usual.

If I don't hear anything in the next day or so though (unless anyone thinks that's too harsh given how long Selifator oops just took) I may pass it on to Lloydsgamble to avoid further waiting (I want my go :0)). Hopefully it won't come to that though.
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 09 November 2009 08:03 EDT (US)     923 / 1439       
I want my go
I second that. It feels like a week since I last saw a save in the mail (to think I am in three hot-seats) and that puts me in a cranky mood.

Michael Jackson

[This message has been edited by el_bandito (edited 11-09-2009 @ 08:16 AM).]

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 11 November 2009 17:34 EDT (US)     924 / 1439       
on to the Turks

Heh, I'm sure at some point Sicily wasn't quite as in trouble as it quite probably is now. Such is life, at least we'll go down with all - err whatever the medieval version of 'guns blazing' is.
el_bandito
Legionary
posted 11 November 2009 19:51 EDT (US)     925 / 1439       
You mean "go down with swords in our arms"? Although I don't see any of your troops wielding a sword since they are all militia.

Michael Jackson
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 35 36 37 38 39 ··· 50 ··· 58  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames