You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum
Moderated by SwampRat

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1439 replies
Total War Heaven » Forums » Medieval 2 Multiplayer Discussion and Hotseat Forum » (HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
Bottom
Topic Subject:(HotseatA) Hotseat position / general discussion
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 47 48 49 50 51 ··· 58  Next Page »
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 07 December 2008 04:28 EDT (US)         
Hotseat game status: - Sicily has won on turn 115

Players (in turn order): (with links to write-ups) plus some other links where I consider it to be funny

Selifator: England
Kilij Ae Varyl: Spain

Venice - FACTION DESTROYED

Me Sicily

EoJ: Turks
I think I might have referenced this video before in the first crusade
This might be more appropriate... Looks like I was right there

Rankings - Turn 101

Rankings - Turn 69

Subs
Glacier_Girl played as sub for England - T29, T30
- played as sub for Sicily - T33

Monty501 played as sub for Spain T30, T 31
JuBuOrangie played as sub for Venice - T31 to T40
Lloydsgamble played as sub for Venice T41 to 42
Brutiangodofrock played as sub for Venice T43 to T65
Zsmart one played as sub for Turks T50 to T65
Hashoosh played as sub for Turks T64

Rules to note:

No 'exploiting' of any kind (e.g. putting forts on resources and stocking them with merchants) nor reloading your go to get a better result.

If I don't hear from a player within 4 days of receiving a turn, I will try to find a sub to take the turn.

If you don't expect to be able to play within 4 days, just let me know - extensions are fine (preferably not too often though please). I'll send a reminder email after a couple of days as a prompt.

If you expect an extended absence, e.g. not being able to play for over a week, you're invited to arrange a sub, giving them instructions etc so your turn is played as you'd like it to be.

An 'un-arranged' sub has the option to take over after 2 weeks or 10 turns The '2 weeks' here looks a little low, but the turn limit looks high?

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 01-18-2013 @ 01:21 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Hashoosh95
Legionary
posted 12 September 2010 15:46 EDT (US)     1201 / 1439       
I probably wont be able to play the save until tonight, because i have to reinstall m2 (i recently downgraded from xp to vista, for complicated reasons). So hopefully i'll be able to get the turn finsihed and passed on to... england?

Edit: After a full reinstall of m2 and retrofit, the save file won't open. I'll load it and then a loading screen with no quotes will show up and when full just directs me back to the title screen. Anyone know how to deal with this? Or is it an effect of vista?

Don't go hunting with Dick Cheney. Don't go hunting with a bear. Don't go questioning the sense of my sig. Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Cheers

[This message has been edited by Hashoosh95 (edited 09-12-2010 @ 07:59 PM).]

The Great Monty
Legionary
(id: Monty501)
posted 13 September 2010 01:32 EDT (US)     1202 / 1439       
That is what happens when you don't have the current patch. This was my problem as well. Make sure you have patch 1.5.

I will fight for Total War Heaven.

Will You?
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 13 September 2010 04:22 EDT (US)     1203 / 1439       
I get the feeling I should try to make sure the save isn't a dud by loading it myself. I'm a bit busy currently but will try to fit it in - I copied in Selifator and EoJ with the save so if either of you would try it to make sure you can load to the password screen that'd be handy please.
The Great Monty
Legionary
(id: Monty501)
posted 13 September 2010 07:02 EDT (US)     1204 / 1439       
On the note o patch 1.5... I am going to try the thing that I think I had to try last time to et it to work. If this dangerous venutre works then I will be able to play in this hotseat if I am still needed.

Edit: no... no that didn't work either.

I will fight for Total War Heaven.

Will You?

[This message has been edited by Monty501 (edited 09-13-2010 @ 08:08 AM).]

Hashoosh95
Legionary
posted 14 September 2010 19:38 EDT (US)     1205 / 1439       
Huzzah!
The magic that is windows 7 is able to run the save, but not vista.
Ok, i can play the turn now!

Edit:

After playing and saving the turn, the only thing i can see in the saves folder is turks 68 and spain 68, no england 69, which i just saved....

HELP

and this hotseat is now cursed!

Don't go hunting with Dick Cheney. Don't go hunting with a bear. Don't go questioning the sense of my sig. Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Cheers

[This message has been edited by Hashoosh95 (edited 09-14-2010 @ 08:15 PM).]

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 15 September 2010 03:42 EDT (US)     1206 / 1439       
It's not a curse, it's the "virtual store" (I guess). There's a copy made of the relevant folders for some reason into a secret (or not so secret) part of the file system - there's a note around somewhere of how to find it, or searching the internet may give more details, it could even be that once you know what you're looking for it's just easy to find.

Thinking about it, when installing patches/mods on Vista was giving problems - were people running the install programs with administrator-ness enabled? I think there's some level of protection on Vista/Win7 that might stop unauthorised people doing some bits, some of which might be needed for the install. Maybe. I have XP so I really don't know
mercenary01
Legionary
posted 03 October 2010 09:21 EDT (US)     1207 / 1439       
*gasp* THE HOTSEAT IS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!! (playing turn as posting this post) but i gotta check who to mail it to :P and if they are not MIA as its after midnight here i shall email tomz but would like someone to mail who i have to give it to next cause this hotseat seems to have many MIA players :P

*edit* IT LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is if Selifator plays his turn and passes it on =D if not >:S and whoever says the turks are in a really good position, you gotta factor in the mongols man theres just a few hordes at my back

This is my sig, don't diss it. It's the best sig in the world.

Please copy this into your sig if you just want to have a random comment in there.

[This message has been edited by mercenary01 (edited 10-04-2010 @ 03:51 AM).]

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 08 October 2010 07:33 EDT (US)     1208 / 1439       
I think I said they had a good position that was about to get rather interesting. The Turks haven't got a guaranteed victory by any means, but in terms of current economic and military might you should be able to stand up quite well to all but the most concerted attack.
The Turks Vs the Rest of the World - it sounds quite fair really...

Once the game is flowing again remember that diplomacy is very flexible between players, rather than the limited options for in-game relations.

Speaking of which, I probably ought to have mentioned the various treaties between Spain and the Turks as to shipping / army limitations. Oops.
mercenary01
Legionary
posted 08 October 2010 10:09 EDT (US)     1209 / 1439       
or i could just try to bulldoze you all and fail miserably :P

na, but seriously i wanna know who i can pwn and who i cant :P

Please copy this into your sig if you just want to have a random comment in there.
EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 08 October 2010 12:06 EDT (US)     1210 / 1439       
Yeah, sorry, I had a thing with previous sultans as to limiting ship movements. You can review the terms if so wished, but I'll understand if you accidentally do something wrong

And I shall go Softly into the Night Taking my Dreams As will You
mercenary01
Legionary
posted 09 October 2010 05:01 EDT (US)     1211 / 1439       
so, sailing up to your capital and dropping 8 full stacks next to it is out of the question? darnit. :P

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
(id: awesomated88)
posted 16 October 2010 22:14 EDT (US)     1212 / 1439       
recieved the save and will play asap...

Thanks

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it- George Santayana
History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
Wars not make one great- Yoda
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 16 October 2010 23:10 EDT (US)     1213 / 1439       
a problem....the save i have been sent was Turn 68-turks...

Please resend the correct file and i will play my turn....

Thanks

History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are- David C. McCullough
SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 17 October 2010 05:23 EDT (US)     1214 / 1439       
Now is probably a slightly late but apt time to mention that after finishing a turn - please make sure to hit "end turn" before saving. Otherwise it's still technically your go...

Incidentally, Awsomated, once you've got a file that's in the right position and can play and finish your turn, please send it on to EoJ and copy me in so I have a copy. Thanks
mercenary01
Legionary
posted 19 October 2010 06:34 EDT (US)     1215 / 1439       
ok, i would have resent it earlier (will try again tomorrow) cause my net is slowed and i cant check my emails.... and for some reason it seems to slow to a whopping 10bytes/sec so it took me about 15mins to get to being able to stick this up, and a heck of a lot of tries to get in cause it was timing out >.< *sigh* it resets on the 20th, not sure it resets at the start or end of the day though, hopefully start.

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 20 October 2010 02:49 EDT (US)     1216 / 1439       
Recieved the save and played my turn....I have forwarded it on to EOJ and Swampy

Thanks

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 20 October 2010 05:20 EDT (US)     1217 / 1439       
Fantastic

EnemyofJupitor
HG Alumnus Superbus
posted 22 October 2010 09:06 EDT (US)     1218 / 1439       
I've no idea who's playing what, but I've sent it on

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 22 October 2010 09:55 EDT (US)     1219 / 1439       
The position we'd reached on Venice is that no one wanted to sub for it - considering it's just about dead. On that basis for the last turn (and I'll do again for this one if no one objects) I opened the Venice save and just hit 'end turn'.
You did all agree to (or ignore) that suggestion a couple of months ago.

If anyone wants to pick up Venice then they're free to.

edit: sent on to the Turks

can we get turn 70 done without any hiccups do you think?

[This message has been edited by SwampRat (edited 10-22-2010 @ 04:53 PM).]

Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 23 October 2010 00:24 EDT (US)     1220 / 1439       
Hello

what state are venice in??...who r at war with them, who are their allies?...

i am tempted...... but it is already almost destroyed i might not..

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 23 October 2010 04:46 EDT (US)     1221 / 1439       
Venice has say around 6 territories (not exactly sure how many) in Russia, very little in the way of armed forces or cash. It's at war with Spain and England, it's allied to the Turks (technically, although I have a feeling that the Turks have sensed that there's no value in having a dead ally and might just take lands themselves).

It might be salvageable if everyone else loses concentration while fighting each other. Possibly.

Until Selifator sorts out his computer I'm happier with you continuing playing England as sub personally, I've no idea how long that's likely to be though. If you want to go for Venice then you are welcome to, I'll just have to get another sub for England
Awesome Eagle
Spear of Mars
posted 23 October 2010 07:53 EDT (US)     1222 / 1439       
Hello

Well...Ok than....

i was thinking however that once Selifator has got his computer back in order i might give venice a go....

If thats ok with everone else.....

Thanks

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 27 October 2010 04:24 EDT (US)     1223 / 1439       
As an update, we're on to Spain again.

Merc would also like to withdraw from being the Turkish sub - so we're open for takers again. I'd somewhat oversold the Turks as an opportunity to dominate the world; they're in a strong position still (as far as I know) but under threat from the west and also from the Mongols who are gaining presence. I'm not quite sure how Bandito had planned to handle them (unless there's an article he wrote that's around under the dust somewhere covering the mongols) but the lack of handover has left the Turks with a bit of a problem.

Personally I guess it should be within the bounds of possibility to recover the position.
mercenary01
Legionary
posted 27 October 2010 15:09 EDT (US)     1224 / 1439       
strong position yes, but i really reallly realllllllllllllllllllllly dont like playing as islamic factions cause i just hate fighting the mongols >.<

SwampRat
M2TW Ladder Leader
posted 27 October 2010 15:49 EDT (US)     1225 / 1439       
Who says you have to fight them?...
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 47 48 49 50 51 ··· 58  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Total War Heaven | HeavenGames